View Single Post
      08-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #13
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Nurburgring article about the points, who can claim the title, how close it is, and Mr. Wittmann

The DTM makes next weekend station on the Nürburgring. The most popular international touring car series is from 15 to 17 August the seventh of ten runs in the Eifel. Before the race at the 3.629 kilometers long short course one thing is clear: This season leads in the battle for the DTM crown probably no way to Marco Wittmann over. After his third win of the season the BMW driver is traveling with a lead of 39 points already on the Nürburgring. But the competition is not located at even after his recent triumph in Spielberg, Austria to recapture lost ground at the Nürburgring. Tickets for the thrilling slugfest of the best touring car drivers and top entertainment center there during the event weekend at all open box offices and info in °. Background information, standings, news and much more at the official site www.dtm.com.

In still 100 points awarded would purely mathematical terms, all pilots in the table a chance on the DTM title. Realistically, however, can be limited to four pilots the circle of contenders. Behind championship leader Marco Wittmann (95 points) lurking Mattias Ekström (Audi) with 39 points behind Bruno Spengler (BMW) is 53 and Audi driver Edoardo Mortara with 54 points behind the leader. But Wittmann not want to think about the championship. "I plan to continue from race to race," said the Fürth. "This has worked well. Of course, we have made ​​a good step towards the championship at the weekend. "Even BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt not want to believe in a preliminary decision. "There are still four tough races, especially at our weight situation. We must not allow zero number. "

The director of operations at Audi DTM, Dieter Gass, the current situation in the championship against it sees something different: "At BMW, a very constant power is delivered, and under normal conditions this is at present very difficult to catch up. We have not shined this year with victories, and that is the minimum that we would deliver. "Even his drivers Mattias Ekström is aware that it is very difficult for him to grab the DTM title yet. "I have to get ten points more per race," calculates the Swede. "Even if I win - if every time he finishes second, he is a master. It is no longer just in my hands. "

Wittmann's RMG team celebrates on the Nürburgring his home race, and of course one wants to show there best foot forward. But it is not necessarily easier for the league leaders. He must invite more kilos of success ballast. "This makes it pretty easy to predict where we are," says Wittmann. "But I still look forward to the Nürburgring. Last year I stood there on Starting rank two together with Augusto Farfus in the front row. "

Exciting racing action in the context of program

The DTM support program offers an attractive mix of formula and touring car racing. For decades, the formula 3 is considered as an ideal springboard to the pinnacle of motor sport: Formula 1 Drivers also fight for the title of 2014 "FIA Formula 3 European Championship". In the event program on the racetrack also the formula cars of the Italian AutoGP series can be seen. The Volkswagen Scirocco R-Cup thrilled with a mix of juniors and racing legends. For racing action with thrilling overtaking maneuvers and position battles pilots make from the Porsche Carrera Cup.

Special exhibition "30 years of DTM"

The DTM is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year. If the most popular international touring Wage series makes on the Nürburgring station that fans can expect a special feast for the eyes: In the ring ° werk the history of the DTM is told in a special exhibition. Numerous show cars and information from the past 30 years have seen there. In combination with a valid DTM ticket 2014 (Nürburgring) get traffic ticket to the ring ° werk for € 9,90 (instead of € 16.90) per person (for a single visit at the weekend of the event).
Appreciate 0