View Single Post
      01-18-2014, 03:04 PM   #2043
se15679875
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayely1 View Post
New Pam, wish I had some of your guys money though, GEEEZ!!
The vast majority of people who wear expensive watches don't actually have a lot of money. That's not a knock on anyone in this thread; it's just a statistical fact.

However, that being said, if you wear an expensive watch there's a greater chance that you may be wealthy compared to the general population.

For example, something like 1% of the general population are liquid millionaires (assets - debt not including primary residence). However, among the Rolex-wearing population, that jumps to 6% (the highest among all watch brands). Among the Audemar Piguet-wearing population, that figure jumps to 5%. PP is around 5% as well, as is IWC. All other brands fall below these figures.

So yeah it's weakly correlated but those figures also mean that 94% of Rolex owners and 95% of AP owners aren't millionaires.

I was actually kind of surprised when I learned the statistics. Beforehand I would've guessed that 75 or 80% of AP/PP/IWC wearers are millionaires given that those watches routinely cost in excess of $10,000.
Appreciate 0