View Single Post
      11-28-2008, 09:19 PM   #151
scheherazade
Major
Rep
Drives: 09 GTR (& 93' accord!)

Mini = fun to drive, but gay as hell. Only saving grace is that soft tops are always a plus.

civic si = light, generally quick car, but rice prone (i.e. he'd probably end up getting flashy rims, a wing and stickers before he puts a supercharger on it). Front wheel drive would keep him a bit more under control if you're afraid he doesn't learn fast.

350z = pretty fast, but rwd + young guy = hello tree-line. Kid I skated with back in high school had a rich dad that hand-me-downed a supra to him. He had the car for less than a year before shooting off into the trees at over 100. No one got hurt, so all's well that ends well... but yeah. He was in a turn and his rear wheels broke loose under power.

wrx = quick car, power potential is awesome if he gets into modding it. AWD so it won't lose control as easily like with the 350. This would be my first pick. My last car was an evo 9 (mitsu's mirror to the wrx/sti), it handled great. I stopped better in the rain than I did dry with my accord, and I could take turns faster in the rain than I could dry with my accord. I drove my friend's subarus, and to be honest I prefer the subaru torque. So I would vote WRX.

Or just pick him up a couple year old STI. He'll have a blast with that thing.

-scheherazade
Appreciate 0