View Single Post
      03-28-2007, 03:16 PM   #22
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

I've done muay thai for the past 3 to 4 years now. I stopped fighting about a year ago tho due to a few injuries, but I love the sport!

Before that I was in Tae kwon do for over 10 years. BTW that doesn't help you on the street so much. I don't want to start a debate, so that's just my opinion guys.

Anyways, some motivational tips...hmm well my motivation was to be able to utilize what i learned in the ring. Putting all my training together and testing to see how i do against other similar trained fighters. That may be something you could look forward to. When i fought, i trained 6 days a week, twice a day sometimes. Put all your effort and commitment into it, and when your match/fight comes up, you'll be well prepared. In the end, it'll be worth it. All the training and sacrafice you did is worth it when your hand is raised for the win. Set a goal and keep your eye on the prize. Hope that helps!

Most muay thai fighters are pretty humble once you know them. We tend to look kinda mean sometimes, and our actions show it in the ring, but when we're not fighting, we're just normal people. haha For instance, in one of my fights, i opened up my opponents nose and he was bleeding pretty bad. During the fight i was "hunting" for the ko so i pressed him and became pretty aggressive. But after the fight, we talk and hang out, bought him a beer and now when i see him, we're friends.
Appreciate 0