View Single Post
      02-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #36
King Size
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: LMB 118d M Sport

fatjoez, I can't recall all the points you brought up in this thread, but here are some others for you to consider:

- if buying a car is important to you then you should be prepared to put in the time - 50 minutes with three reps is hardly a long time. If your not prepared to invest the time don't expect the dealer to give you much either.
- If your sales person is busy you can't just expect him to drop everything the moment you walk in the door. What if he/she is dealing with another customer?
- Are you looking for a new or second hand car? if second hand, your choice will be limited to available inventory.
- If you want a new car there and then, then you will have to be prepared to take from their existing inventory. if you want something specific then discuss what you want with them and they will order it for you.
- My guess is that less than 200 1 series were sold in NZ last year - this would equate to approximately 0.39 cars per dealer per week. This small turnover is reflected in their stock holdings.

Overall I would hardly say you've had a run of bad luck though....
Appreciate 0