View Single Post
      01-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #31
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

You know, for me, it isn't so much about the "feel" or the choices, it is about chance and reliability. I currently have a 328xi E92 coupe. Yes I feel it is underpowered at times and even a pig other times with that xi drivetrain. Would I love a 335? You bet.
Would I love an F30 come August (lease is up)? Possibly.
Why am I conflicted? Because my 328 has never been in the shop in the nearly three years I have had it for any engine related or mechanical issues, save some temperamental seatbelt assist arms and a leaking washer fluid reservoir.
This is why I am conflicted about the future, my very near future. Will I give up a pretty solid N/A car that has been practically zero headaches for a turbo that will be in the shop more than on the road thanks to HPFP, waste gate rattles, and blown turbos? Or will I be one of the lucky ones who have had "zero issues" with their N54/ N55 BMWs?
Then we have the up and coming N20 engine, whose predictability is about as predictable as the future itself.
So in the end, if I knew going in BMW could build a solid turbo assisted engine like a gazillion other car manufacturers seem to have no problem doing, I'd be in- lock, stock, and barrel.
As far as feel and emotional pooh poohing about choice and experience, I could give a shit- it's not a condom, it's a car.

Last edited by Dark_Knight_335; 01-21-2012 at 10:40 PM..
Appreciate 0