tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by accce View Post
Its only $150,000
Well that's at least a that lots of folks could plausibly spend on a watch. Sure lots more couldn't even begin to ponder the thought, but even among the folks who can afford to pony up $2M+ for the RM, the overwhelming majority won't, i.e., it's not plausible that they even would consider doing it.

When the sums involved are that large -- $150K or $2M -- for me at least, how I spend it has a lot to do with what other things I can buy with that money. Much as I love watches, there's not one watch I can think of that I would sooner have instead of $2M real estate, boat or even gemstones, to say nothing of actual financial instruments that could be had for that amount. (Of course, I would have to sell a house to afford it and that's just not something I would do.) In contrast, between a $150K car or watch, I might choose the watch.

Of course, if the watch actually looked good to my eyes, that changes the whole situation, at least a little. I might think about figuring out how to acquire it. Which gets back to what I first said: thank God I can't stand the thing in the first place. Finding it butt ugly -- a personal thing, of course -- makes figuring out such a thing a moot point.

More power to those who like it. Good luck to them as well in their quest to possess one. I can assure them it won't be me with whom they must compete to be one of the lucky owners. LOL. (Ditto the folks who want that Pam. <wink>)

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0