Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
you spend to much time on the internet and thus you have this defense mechanism of anything contrary to your views you say "i follow a certain type of media"

Ive heard many plans and promises from countries, corporations, and people. They are rarely every accomplished and sometimes accomplished by killing the host.

So BMW is only going to sell a majority of EV cars in 2027. Where they gunna plug them in? How are people gunna buy them, people can barely afford cars as is. What about other countries than posh suburbia? What about cities? BMW is a major automobile manufacturer. Tesla is boutique compared to BMW.

at any rate, I support EV and honestly don't care if BMW choses to go fully EV. I'll just buy another car.

but I will admit the article says ONLY full EV vechicles in 2027 so I guess what I said according to BMW is not correct. But we will see.

you seem to have an axe to grind calling everyone brainwashed by political outlets and propaganda. But to think unless massive infrastructure is up rooted and changed within the next 10 years that a state can ban the sale of new ICE is a pipedream at best.

not everyone who thinks differently than you is "brainwashed" by the media. I think we should probably go majority EV, but these timelines are just snake oil until the government puts their money where their mouth is and start having massive infrastructure changes.

are we also going to ignore how the majority of our electricity is generated?
With all due respect, nothing you said has any substance.

Even considering the current use of coal to power EVs and the polution caused by manufacturing EVs, EVs are far less polutant than ICE vehicles. Don’t just think tailpipe emissions, think the incredible polution caused by the processes needed to get the petroleum to the gas station.

In about 10 years, ICE vehicles will have literally zero technical advantages over EVs. Think about that. 20 years into their lifecycle, EVs will have surpassed ICE vehicles in everyway, most importantly in their carbon footprint (which EVs have already done).

Range will continue to increase, charging speed will continue to increase, weight will decrease etc. Obviously EVs likely won’t have the same visceral feel as ICE vehicles but who cares? ICE vehicles don’t have nearly the visceral feel of a horse and buggy, but you don’t hear anyone whining incessantly about that.
Appreciate 5
Deho251.50
msej449513.50
Canuck335151.00
WolfGTI716.00
carjoy322.50