BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansn View Post
The G26 is an example of a very nice design.

The G class cars with the big grills will be a future classic for sure.
When they are not available anymore i think more people will understand what BMW did when they made the M cars and the coupes of ONE generation of 3/4 series with the super agressive look these grills give. Its a great design, and its got roots in history. In the end they arent even big, if you look at any other car brand where the grill stretches from headlight to headlight and hood to ground..

I think the newest gen designs suffer from being hard to understand in 2D images. The lines are very complex and i think people judge to fast with to little understanding of the actual porpotions and design elements. Most people like the cars after seeing them live.

New gen BMWs are great in my opinion. And i think they succeed in distinguishing and evolving in a way i feel Audi is failing completly at for instance. Im a car guy, im interested in cars, but i really cant tell exactly if this or that Audi is a new gen, facelift or just aftermarket headlights.

This is my G26 i4. The car is amazing, and its turning heads after 2 years on the road. Im very happy a certain group of posters are not in charge of BMW design atleast. ��
All easy to say when you order the 4-series GC in M-sport trim, in Black Sapphire, where the entire grille blends into the rest of the black car. Try one in White without M-sport trim option.

Appreciate 0