F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Reprogram FRM?
ARMA SPEED

Today, 04:22 AM   #1
snott
Registered
Rep
Drives: f80

Reprogram FRM?

Car is a 2011 335d. It has adaptive xenon headlights and single hump. I’ve replaced battery (and coded + registered), ballasts and bulbs. All lights, windows etc function perfectly fine except the low/high beams. When turning on, they flash and flicker for a few seconds before turning off completely.

It should also be noted that despite the functioning bulbs in all other areas, the car shows codes for all of them. When I bought the car the owner had previously replaced the FRM and I’m questioning whether it was ever programmed or not. If you guys don’t believe it’s the FRM, what do you think I should check?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:42 AM   #2
aJohns5746
Registered
Rep
Drives: Buggati

It sounds like the issue might indeed be with the FRM if it wasn't properly programmed. Given the replaced battery, ballasts, and bulbs, along with the functioning of other lights, the persistent error codes and flickering suggest a potential FRM problem. However, you might also want to check the wiring and connections for any faults, much like ensuring an SFP port in networking has a proper connection. Verifying the programming of the FRM should be your next step. If not, a professional diagnostic might be necessary.
Appreciate 0