E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > *Much Needed Advice On BMW 320d EfficientDynamics + Extras for a company car order!*

01-21-2011, 05:13 PM   #1
smeigh
Registered
Rep
Drives: Range Rover Sport

Exclamation *Much Needed Advice On BMW 320d EfficientDynamics + Extras for a company car order!*

Will be looking to order a BMW 320D ED in White on Monday as a company car.

What is the car like basic wise, what is needed as an extra?
From reading a previus thread on the site i have picked up on:
() Sports Seats £430
() Half Leather £420
() Sports stearing wheel £110 (MUCH NEEDED)
() Black High Gloss £75

As the steering wheel has been mentiend as a MUST HAVE, does anybody have any pictures of the standard compard to sports???? Also of the High Gloss?

Is there anything that can be done with the wheels through BMW eg Colour wise??? Powder-coating black?

All feedback appriciated!!

Many thanks,

Jon
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
kickdown
Private
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW 320dA

You can find them here with pictures:
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/acc...er/finder.html

My Advice is to get M-Sport Wheel if available - much better!!!
Also get the Xenons and memory seats if more than one person would use the car
Bulgarian Forum: You ask a question...5 people starts explaining you how dumb you are, for asking such a stupid question!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 05:34 PM   #3
smeigh
Registered
Rep

Thanks for that, The car will be replacing a 1 series M-Sport and from the sounds of it the new 320 ED is extremely basic as the seats sound to be awful and i hope the steering wheel is not that big massive thing on the bmw website?

The xenons are not a priority as we are looking at spending at least as possible on the extras due to it being a company car!

So far it seems, sports steering wheel / M-Sport (Depending upon price) and sports seats. On the sports seats WITHOUT leather option, what is the fabric like??

Many thanks,

Jon
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

You may be going about this wrong.

What sort of business?

You may be spending money on the wrong things and not buying the right things. You are worried about optics (black wheels, partial leather, gloss black trim etc) and overlooking the safety related items like xenons.

Me? I'd opt for xenons, sport cloth seats, pdc and sports suspension.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #5
smeigh
Registered
Rep

I totally agree with you!
It is my dad that is having the company car however i will be using it now and then due to fuel consumption etc.

The car is not a performance car and how the car will be driven i do not believe a need for sports suspension and due to comparing it with my dads previous 1 series, lighting has never been an issue.

However i do see were you are coming from as if i was to buy a Bmw myself then i would certainly want sports suspension and Xenons.

The reason for the sports seats is because my dad has a bad back and from reading the posts i gather the support from the standard seats are pretty bad.

Black wheels is more of my idea and possibly wont happen but due to the 16 wheels i think they would look far better in black as they will blend in with the thick tyres. I had black wheels on my White 5 series and it looked great.

For my dad its more about MPG MPG MPG + Comfort + A nice car to look at as it will be for 3 years - so what do you think?

What are the options for the sports seats, how much extra for half leather?
Can you get half Suede any more??

Does anybody have a price comparing the sports steering wheel with the M-sport steering wheel?

A lot of these options came standard on his current 1 Series.....

Many thanks,

Jon
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #6
kickdown
Private
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW 320dA

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeigh View Post
For my dad its more about MPG MPG MPG + Comfort + A nice car to look at as it will be for 3 years - so what do you think?
So buy the New Passat Bluemotion (if available round there) with the comfort+climate seats and lumbar support, add the xenons for stylish LED look, get PDC and Bluetooth save some cash from BMWs premium price - problem solved.
Its my personal opinion that BMW without options, is like woman without t**s, its nice, its beautiful, its still great but you always miss something...
Bulgarian Forum: You ask a question...5 people starts explaining you how dumb you are, for asking such a stupid question!!!
Appreciate 0