F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Sushi Eaters.... BEWARE!
GetBMWParts

02-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #45
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
It never is dependent on where you get things. That's a silly comment, because things can happen anywhere. Even in classier establishments.
I've had sushi many times in well known sushi havens such as Yuma, AZ and Ridgecrest, CA over the years and never gotten any extra appetizers or toppings with my sushi.
      02-01-2014, 08:15 PM   #46
schoy
Major
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Informative article on parasites in sushi: www.eatsushi.com/article.asp?X=628

Tldr: pretty darn safe. Possible (but rare) incidence with tuna.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2014, 11:06 PM   #47
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Wow. That was gross. But still got love for sashimi!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 06:51 AM   #48
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
I think your comment is silly. Are you trying to say that ordering a tray of Sushi from a gas station mart is the same as a fine sit down restaurant with excellent ratings?

All restaurants have published sanitation ratings. I am pretty sure its the same in most cities but in NY for example restaurants are required to post these ratings in their windows.
If I were trying to say that a tray from a gas station is the same as a 5 star restaurant, I would have said such, but I did not. I noted that things can happen in ANY type of establishment, even fine dining. I did not state the food was the same quality, as that's a different subject. This is about how sometimes critters can end up in any kind of food.

There are bugs in the world, they end up in places where they shouldn't be sometimes. Manufacturing businesses that extrude large amounts of product (that reaches even fine dining restaurants), are typically 99.9% effective in removing foreign objects, but there will always be that slim window where yes, something can get missed.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 07:21 AM   #49
RR-NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
The flavor is all in the fats and juices; the meat is just a carrier for them. If you burn the poor thing until it dries out then you aren't left with any flavor at all. People who order well done have never had a steak as far as I'm concerned. Rare or medium rare please!
+1
I only eat steak medium rare. At medium well or well done, there is no difference between the finest USDA prime and USDA standard.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 07:21 AM   #50
RR-NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

That video looks faked using a stop motion app on their phone
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #51
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
There are bugs in the world, they end up in places where they shouldn't be sometimes. Manufacturing businesses that extrude large amounts of product (that reaches even fine dining restaurants), are typically 99.9% effective in removing foreign objects, but there will always be that slim window where yes, something can get missed.
Just to add to this, the FDA actually details what is an acceptable level of contamination via worms, eggs, mold, live/dead insects, etc. They publish a handbook on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Foo..._Action_Levels
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #52
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
LOL... You sound like my mother in law. I bet the only steak you've ever had is from Outback or something, so it comes with a bunch of nasty "toppings," probably processed and frozen in a box somewhere, that provide all the "juices" you're talking about.

A good mid-rare or medium steak from a good steakhouse doesn't need any of that crap because it's juicy and flavorful enough.
Nope! Back home before i came to the USA, all our meat were killed fresh. We grilled/roasted/baked them until there was no pink/red visible. They were still really juicy. We used a lot of spices and herb to spice up the flavor.
      02-03-2014, 01:50 PM   #53
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Hahaha! I'm good.

Grow a pair... Does that still work on dummies I mean dudes?

I'll stick with my blackened tilapia and deep fried catfish!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 02:16 PM   #54
Yip
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 AW 328i - SOLD

i like sushi
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 02:51 PM   #55
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
maybe worms are the Japanese secret to long life.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 03:54 PM   #56
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
Nope! Back home before i came to the USA, all our meat were killed fresh. We grilled/roasted/baked them until there was no pink/red visible. They were still really juicy. We used a lot of spices and herb to spice up the flavor.
Very interesting, and doesn't seem possible. Most well done steak, even at finer establishments, is so tough it's like eating jerky.

You can throw whatever spices you want on it, and it will still taste like garbage compared to a high quality medium rare steak.

But... to each his own.
      02-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #57
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
It never is dependent on where you get things. That's a silly comment, because things can happen anywhere. Even in classier establishments.

Does anyone recall the finger that was found in chili at Wendys a few years back?
Just FYI - It was shown that the woman who found the finger was lying, and had brought 13 similar product defect lawsuits against other companies in previous years. The finger belonged to an associate of her husband's, who lost it in an industrial accident. She was convicted of Attempted Grand Larceny.
      02-03-2014, 09:39 PM   #58
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Just FYI - It was shown that the woman who found the finger was lying, and had brought 13 similar product defect lawsuits against other companies in previous years. The finger belonged to an associate of her husband's, who lost it in an industrial accident. She was convicted of Attempted Grand Larceny.
Moral of the story, don't be greedy. Only file 12 frivolous lawsuits.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 10:29 PM   #59
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Woops. Someone should've told her it never matters where you eat, only who gives you the finger.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 11:33 PM   #60
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Very interesting, and doesn't seem possible. Most well done steak, even at finer establishments, is so tough it's like eating jerky.

You can throw whatever spices you want on it, and it will still taste like garbage compared to a high quality medium rare steak.

But... to each his own.
+1. A good piece of steak should never be cooked over medium. Also, if you need to put any spices or sauces on your steak, then your steak ain't that good to begin with. Just a waste of a nice piece of meat.
      02-04-2014, 12:28 AM   #61
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
i dont phuckk with raw, uncooked or under cooked meat.

I really dont understand how and why people order their steak rare or medium rare. DISGUSTING. I get mine Well done! I want it burnt at times.
well done.. is…. wow.. you really don't get any good flavor. Medium to medium rare is perfect for me. no more than medium.
the gf likes it medium rare, which is a bit too undercooked for my tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
+1. A good piece of steak should never be cooked over medium. Also, if you need to put any spices or sauces on your steak, then your steak ain't that good to begin with. Just a waste of a nice piece of meat.

+1

Those who dump A1 sauce on steak… means the steak was overcooked and probably low quality meat
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 06:23 AM   #62
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Didn't know the full story, thanks for the clarification. -1 for me, lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #63
sanf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535XI

Some time ago we were all eating raw meat to survive. Today, we have this thing called Earth and enjoying our fine automobiles, I am guessing a little raw meat wouldn't kill you.

However, if i saw a piece of sushi with a worm dancing inside. That's a hell no.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #64
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanf View Post
Some time ago we were all eating raw meat to survive. Today, we have this thing called Earth and enjoying our fine automobiles, I am guessing a little raw meat wouldn't kill you.

However, if i saw a piece of sushi with a worm dancing inside. That's a hell no.
Yeah! Thank God we have this Earth thing now! I feel horrible for the poor cave men floating around in space with their raw meat.
Appreciate 0