BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-26-2014, 10:01 AM   #67
PrimeBMW
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3

Man you guys can side track a thread so let's keep it up:
warming up tires depends on the particular tire and ability to put heat in the tire. Conti scrubs took me almost 2 laps as a high intermediate starting advanced. Yoko slicks I can push hard second lap.......though brakes aren't up to temp first session. If hpde then take your time. If you want to progress to time trials or racing you need to be able to put down your fastest lap when the conditions are ideal. That is first thing in the morning within the first 1-5 laps.
Mirrors: I have been passed so few times I forget they exist. I need to improve in this area.
Miata: you should never ever ever ever be passed by one. Period.
Instructors: I don't understand the draw. My car commands my full attention. Saving $100-$200 is not worth the time and risks.

Disclaimer: Don't push hard on cold tires unless you know how to put heat into them and can catch the car if you go beyond......
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 11:30 AM   #68
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBMW
warming up tires depends on the particular tire and ability to put heat in the tire. Conti scrubs took me almost 2 laps as a high intermediate starting advanced. Yoko slicks I can push hard second lap.......though brakes aren't up to temp first session. If hpde then take your time. If you want to progress to time trials or racing you need to be able to put down your fastest lap when the conditions are ideal. That is first thing in the morning within the first 1-5 laps.
Mirrors: I have been passed so few times I forget they exist. I need to improve in this area.
Instructors: I don't understand the draw. My car commands my full attention. Saving $100-$200 is not worth the time and risks.

Disclaimer: Don't push hard on cold tires unless you know how to put heat into them and can catch the car if you go beyond......
Agreed on all accounts...especially the miata comment
      02-26-2014, 01:00 PM   #69
s4one
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 M3

I don't go fast on the first lap since it isn't timed anyways, it is actually the second lap when one crosses the finish line the timer starts. So I do let the first lap become my warm up.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 05:19 PM   #70
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBMW

Agreed on all accounts...especially the miata comment
Shit i need to focus on miata. Although last time out i had a whoopsy with a miata right on my ass. Then he backed off a bit
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 06:15 PM   #71
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
On a side note I am trying to practice the look thru by trying to see thru hot womens pants and shirts at work. When asked wtf I'm doing I say its a mental exercise to sharpen my senses.
this is actually a method that will work...instead of looking down the shirt, try looking through the multiple layers of cotton to see some skin...

it can directly transfer to the track since doing these things both take patience, concentration, and some visualization and imagination.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 06:33 PM   #72
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
this is actually a method that will work...instead of looking down the shirt, try looking through the multiple layers of cotton to see some skin...

it can directly transfer to the track since doing these things both take patience, concentration, and some visualization and imagination.
I may be teaching a class soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #73
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post

I may be teaching a class soon.
Allowing online registration and attendance will make more money.
Appreciate 0