F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Hardwired dash cam
Extreme Powerhouse

07-04-2023, 12:41 PM   #1
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M Sport F30

Hardwired dash cam

Hey all, sorry if not I’m the correct thread…

However, I am looking to hardwire my DASH cam into my new F40 2 Series GC. As then it won’t be plugged into the standard cigarette port…

However, I have no idea what I’m looking at when it comes to fuses and where it needs to be plugged into. 1 wire needs to go into a ACC fuse port, and the other wire is BATT, so when the engine is off it doesn’t take power from ACC and the battery only…if that makes sense

I have attached images with hope someone can help me
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-04-2023, 01:04 PM   #2
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

You can use a test light/other suitable tool to probe your fuses and check which one are on in the state you want it. BATT is usually a fuse that always has power even with car off (for your parking mode to work) and ACC goes on a fuse that is only on when ignition or accessory is on to tell the camera when to switch from parking to normal mode and other way around.
Appreciate 1