F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > The worst luck to end 2023
GetBMWParts

12-30-2023, 12:53 PM   #1
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

The worst luck to end 2023

Refitted my oem blacklines around 3 months ago as I was going to customise the GTS ones (which I ditched in the end).

Sadly yesterday I spotted the rear left inner unit was full of water..

So I take the light out, clean up all the water ingress and wiring, stripped the boards out to wipe down with IPA and found the far right fog light LED was blown, so I order a new set of chips as I was able to source the supplier. In the mean time I get the entire unit dry and leave it to vent in the utility room which is super warm.

24 hours pass by and the new chips arrive, I take my light unit out of storage and immediately I spotted there was a tiny scratch which was only visible when the light caught it right.. brought it out into the garage to inspect and the second the cold came in contact the crack shot across the lens

Super frustrating as this was legitimately a £0.13 fix. What I can't wrap my head around is how the rear lens got a chip in the first place, the car was parked for the last week and a half but clearly it's happened on a drive and slowly built up moisture.. either way a new unit is on order