BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

10-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #23
mamadub
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red 2011 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
LUX Angel eyes are a quick way to make your car look like the newer model LCI's
I have been seeing Angel Eyes on different posts and just assumed they were the round driving lights. Am I wrong? Also, I see you're in New haven. I grew up in Orange, CT!!

Black Novillo Extended Leather, Convenience Package, Premium Package 2, DCT, DDC, BMW Apps, Custom Stereo upgrade, Eisenmann Sport Black Series Exhaust, 20"HRE's P45SC's. Color matched Brembo 380/345's, KW Coilovers
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 02:33 PM   #24
mamadub
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan@Jlevi SW View Post
Here is a good install video for ya. Skip 1:50 into it to see how it's done and it will also give you a good idea as to where they go.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this for me. Also, another beginner question. Why would I paint my grills when they are already black? What am I missing?

Black Novillo Extended Leather, Convenience Package, Premium Package 2, DCT, DDC, BMW Apps, Custom Stereo upgrade, Eisenmann Sport Black Series Exhaust, 20"HRE's P45SC's. Color matched Brembo 380/345's, KW Coilovers
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 03:03 PM   #25
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadub View Post
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this for me. Also, another beginner question. Why would I paint my grills when they are already black? What am I missing?
Factory M3's come with chrome kidney grills. One of the most popular modifications is to install matte black grills. You could also get painted grills to match your cars color or have them painted jet black to give it a nice glossy finish versus the matte black. And yes, the LUX angel eyes are a great way to change the look of the car. It will change the color of the rings inside your headlight from that factory yellow to a nice xenon white. They are the best in the industry.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #26
mamadub
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2 View Post
1st mod: replace reflectors with painted ones - I would make sure you get OEM reflectors that have been repainted. That way you can be assured that they fit well. Another small mod to consider that hasn't been mentioned is to get new pedals. This thread has some examples. I have the 3D Design pedals.
Never even thought of that. Those pedals look really nice. I think I'm going to look into that as well. Thank you.

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #27
cole328
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Convertible

I may be in the minority, but I actually like the way the OEM yellowish reflectors look...I have a JB 'vert, and they don't seem to bother me that said, maybe I am biased, as when I first got the car, I ordered some "painted" reflectors to match (not sure where I got them, but don't think it was bimian.com) the fit / finish of them sucked. Also, since our front end is pure fiberglass, installation was a pain, and the front end got slightly pushed in on install, as there was not a "clip" like in the OEM. So, maybe I should try something different. Any advice?

As for the painted grills / gills, does anyone with JB have before/after pics? I'm intrigued by that mod, as it seems somewhat inexpensive. Also, if anyone has before/after for the reflectors, maybe going to "clear" plastic instead, let me know as well that sounds like a nice possibility against the JB. Thanks gents
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #28
M3+
USER
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 11 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2006 F150  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadub View Post
Okay, now I'm ticked that I spent so much more than needed for the tint. I won't even discuss then, what I paid for the car. I also thank you for hating people who take advantage of ladies. (You must have daughters) It's so frustrating on so many different levels. I run into it all the time. Try dealing with contractors!! Until they realize I can buy and sell them and have way more smarts than they do, I don't get much respect. (Not all contractors tho)

I bought the car from BMW North Scottsdale!
NO Daughters Just RESPECT
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 06:44 AM   #29
bblefas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3 COUPE ZCP

Quote:
Wow! Tint shouldn't cost more than I would definitely recommend to get paint matched reflectors, and either matte or gloss black kidney grills and side gills. Those few mods alone will change the look of the car.
whats up guys I'm pretty new on here also. But quick question guys i have 11 cep AW just ordered the high gloss grills OEM I'm going with the gloss theme to match mirrors and window trim etc>>>IM having trouble finding the side gills in high gloss and also would like to change them to LED ToOOO...ANY info highly appreciated ...thank u
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 07:31 AM   #30
Ken37.73
Private 1st Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Jet Black

My suggestion is spacers. Great impact for your buck.
      10-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #31
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblefas View Post
whats up guys I'm pretty new on here also. But quick question guys i have 11 cep AW just ordered the high gloss grills OEM I'm going with the gloss theme to match mirrors and window trim etc>>>IM having trouble finding the side gills in high gloss and also would like to change them to LED ToOOO...ANY info highly appreciated ...thank u
PM sent
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #32
GOVCO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 AW M3 DCT [Slight Mods]

My picks for cheap exterior/interior mods for the noob:

1st EXTERNAL MOD - IND Cosmetic Package (approx $273): package includes "pre-painted reflectors, color matched to the color of your car, your choice of matte black or painted side markers, and your choice of matte black or painted front grilles."

Note: A good 2nd mod would be to change the amber turn signals to Weisslicht PY 24W LED bulbs (under $100), OR maybe replace your OEM angel eyes to the LUX (or AiBs) bulbs (both under $300). If you do change the front turn signals, you may also want to change the side indicators to the white LED strips as well to be consistent. PYSPEED.com has them with (approx. $140) and w/o the gills (approx $100).

1st INTERIOR MOD - Full LED Interior kit from e92-Lighting.com (approx. $80).

Note: You may be able to get similar mods from different vendors. However, these are the one's I dealt with. Am sure others are good as well.

Just my $.02. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 02:17 AM   #33
bblefas
Private First Class
Rep

okay can u elaborate ...as bang 4 my buck whats the spacer really do...AND WHAT REAALLY GUT ME SCRATCHING MY HEAD IS TO Y DO PPL USE WIDER SPACERS IN FRONT I THINK THATS GAY MAN SORRY front has wider track like wtf I'm confused or they will do 12--frnt and 18 rear jus a example??? please chime in
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 02:19 AM   #34
bblefas
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken37.73 View Post
can u elaborate?? and wtf is ppl doing like 15 up front and no spacers in rear drives me craze wide up front hate that look
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 02:21 AM   #35
bblefas
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken37.73 View Post
Quote:
PM sent
thank you Bryan i just read ur mess. I'm going to contact u sometime this week by phone thanks againhttp://www.m3post.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 02:24 AM   #36
bblefas
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOVCO View Post
My picks for cheap exterior/interior mods for the noob:

1st EXTERNAL MOD - IND Cosmetic Package (approx ): package includes "pre-painted reflectors, color matched to the color of your car, your choice of matte black or painted side markers, and your choice of matte black or painted front grilles."

Note: A good 2nd mod would be to change the amber turn signals to Weisslicht PY 24W LED bulbs (under ), OR maybe replace your OEM angel eyes to the LUX (or AiBs) bulbs (both under ). If you do change the front turn signals, you may also want to change the side indicators to the white LED strips as well to be consistent. PYSPEED.com has them with (approx. ) and w/o the gills (approx ).

1st INTERIOR MOD - Full LED Interior kit from e92-Lighting.com (approx. ).

Note: You may be able to get similar mods from different vendors. However, these are the one's I dealt with. Am sure others are good as well.

Just my Good luck!
thanks!! the reflectors are net its mando...and the interior bulbs to led is cool trow me sum more info on that do all the lights turn into white led from that orange tone????
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 05:04 AM   #37
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

cosmetic

-color match'd reflectors
-gloss black grills
-gloss black side gills w/ tint
-since u hav n e93; vinyl/paint ur outer trim black (this's a must on ALL e93's)
-spacers
-black m3 badge

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 07:38 AM   #38
GOVCO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 AW M3 DCT [Slight Mods]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblefas View Post
thanks!! the reflectors are net its mando...and the interior bulbs to led is cool trow me sum more info on that do all the lights turn into white led from that orange tone????
All your doing is changing the OEM interior bulbs to LED bulbs, which generally are white. Nice inexpensive mod. The look is how the car should have come. Especially since the lights under the door handles are almost the same color as the white LEDs.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #39
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

grills would be a good choice

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 09:30 AM   #40
Martin_D
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford Super Duty

BMW CCA Driving School
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 09:36 AM   #41
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
BMW CCA Driving School
+1
      10-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #42
Dannys M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F Type R

Garage List
2008 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cole328 View Post
I may be in the minority, but I actually like the way the OEM yellowish reflectors look..
I agree with you, the painted reflectors look like an after thought. i would also be worried that if an individual hit me and knew I had altered a visibility component. I would be at fault for the accident. Same goes for tinted tail lights.
As far as exterior mods, I think the factory front and side grills do look out of place when the window trim is all black. The best interior mod I have done is the stereo. I spend close to three hours a day in my car and it makes the commute enjoyable.
Happy motoring and you'll need tires soon so do a search on here for vredenstein.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 09:56 AM   #43
mamadub
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
BMW CCA Driving School
This is what I have been thinking about too. I would love someone who really knows the car to show me what it can do. Thanks to everybody else for all the great suggestions. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but do spacers close the gap between the tire and the wheel well? Oh and does anyone have pix of a black badge. I've been looking at a lot of pix of everyone's cars, and I don't think I've seen one! One last question...well for this post anyway would changing to angel eyes void any kind of warranty?

Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 08:01 PM   #44
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

spacers "poke" ur wheels outward, mak'n them flush w/ ur fenders (a drop closes the gap between tire n wheel well)

here's a matte black m3 badge/logo:

lastly, ae's (angel eyes) technically voids ur warranty cuz it's aftermarket part but since they're 100% reversible u shouldn't hav an issue.

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0