F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Verde ermes perl metallic
ARMA SPEED

03-24-2021, 11:14 AM   #23
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

The E39 still looks so right after all these years. Mind I really like the E61 now, couldnt stand it when it first came out!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 11:14 AM   #24
Bryans69
Major
Rep
Drives: TTT, MGB (in bits), VW Camper

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
No its a Bugatti Veyron Estate....

Hows your Tata Nexon going?
In fairness, they did the Skoda Superb Sportline in a very similar green for a while
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 11:15 AM   #25
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: An Entire Fleet

Prefer Verde mantis myself

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 11:16 AM   #26
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeoz View Post
Ah ok yeah. One in Pic is RHD with UK plate and UMWELT Enviro tax sticker which Forces personnel get free. Could be well off mark but looks like a BFG car?
I wouldn't recognise a BFG car, but you could be right. My M5 stayed on temporary Belgian plates for a little longer than it should before I registered it in the UK. I used to import my BMWs from Europe just because it was a lot cheaper at the time. The Treaty of Rome meant that they couldn't refuse to supply a UK spec car at a European dealer. VW tried to stop people buying in Spain and were hit with a massive fine.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 12:15 PM   #27
DaveA
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i xDrive

Ah, yes, the old days when you actually had a fairly decent set of colours to chose from...
CAR HISTORY - Golf GTI 245 - F30 340i M Sport - F30 330d M Sport MPPK - F30 320d Sport - 997 Gen2 GT3 - 987 Cayman S - 986 Boxster S - Ibiza Cupra - Polo 16v - E30 M3 (Official GB import) - Integra 16v - Mk2 Polo S - Mk1 Golf C
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 12:55 PM   #28
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
Ah, yes, the old days when you actually had a fairly decent set of colours to chose from...
To be fair the G8X colour range is very good.

X cars and many other lines it's grey, blue and the classic AW and black!
      03-24-2021, 02:11 PM   #29
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD6 View Post
I wouldn't recognise a BFG car, but you could be right. My M5 stayed on temporary Belgian plates for a little longer than it should before I registered it in the UK. I used to import my BMWs from Europe just because it was a lot cheaper at the time. The Treaty of Rome meant that they couldn't refuse to supply a UK spec car at a European dealer. VW tried to stop people buying in Spain and were hit with a massive fine.
I use to buy Mercs in Holland when I lived in Germany with Forces. Mainly SLK & SL. Tax free plus 15% Nato discount drive for free for 1 year and then sell in UK 5/6k profit in those days on a SLK...10 to 12k on a SL...Totally legal ..
Appreciate 2
JustChris17607.00
JD64304.00
      03-24-2021, 03:51 PM   #30
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeoz View Post
Ah ok yeah. One in Pic is RHD with UK plate and UMWELT Enviro tax sticker which Forces personnel get free. Could be well off mark but looks like a BFG car?
Only a lot of people didn't understand or realise that the cars only had a one year warranty as years 2 and 3 were put on by BMW GB.

As a service advisor in that era I told many people that the repairs on their car weren't covered under warranty. For some this negated any savings they had made importing the car.

Plus the warranty would start ticking away as soon as the cars were registered in Europe, sometimes months before they were sold.

When I worked at Mercedes, we had a customer come in with a M Class with the V8 diesel which had sat in a field in Belgium for 15 months before he bought it. He was shocked to find this expensive, complex car had no warranty.
Appreciate 1
JD64304.00
      03-24-2021, 04:25 PM   #31
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post
Only a lot of people didn't understand or realise that the cars only had a one year warranty as years 2 and 3 were put on by BMW GB.

As a service advisor in that era I told many people that the repairs on their car weren't covered under warranty. For some this negated any savings they had made importing the car.

Plus the warranty would start ticking away as soon as the cars were registered in Europe, sometimes months before they were sold.

When I worked at Mercedes, we had a customer come in with a M Class with the V8 diesel which had sat in a field in Belgium for 15 months before he bought it. He was shocked to find this expensive, complex car had no warranty.
Yeah that's correct, it kind of all fizzed out but you could get BMW tax free forces discount etc from Park Lane or MB equivalent in the end.

All my MBs were sold to Big dealerships like Lancaster Motors MB so would of had some sort of AUC warranty when they sold on and normally had less than 10k on...It was silly season back then. Remember those Fiat Coupe Turbos...people made daft money on them

Anyway "Service Advisor" ...i knew you had a dark past but christ...
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2021, 02:18 PM   #32
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post

It was a while ago but I’m pretty sure that my 1998 540i from Germany and 2000 M5 from Belgium both had 2 year BMW warranties. I sold my 540i after 18 months so didn’t extend, but I bought the third year warranty extension from BMW for the M5 for about £1k from memory. I ordered the cars and they were registered on the day I collected them, so no warranty issue there.

At the time I ordered the M5, the price difference was pretty wild - I saved £15k relative to the best U.K. price I could find, so the warranty cost didn’t make a lot of difference. I did have to deal with the worst car dealer I have ever used though - take a bow BMW Brussels!

It was a bit of a leap of faith though, so you had to know what you were doing to avoid the pitfalls.
Appreciate 0