F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Horner in trouble at Red Bull
Studio RSR

03-04-2024, 09:43 AM   #463
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
The fall out from this Jos Verstappen crap is this is likely Cecko's last year at Red bull. They will be forced by Jos's maneuvers to go for a replacement that could run at Max Verstappen level and that is not Cecko.
Appreciate 2
      03-04-2024, 09:48 AM   #464
Sneaky Pete
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
The fall out from this Jos Verstappen crap is this is likely Cecko's last year at Red bull. They will be forced by Jos's maneuvers to go for a replacement that could run at Max Verstappen level and that is not Cecko.
Agree Perez is a mid field runner at best.
But the very last thing that the Verstappen family want is a front running driver alongside MV.
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2024, 10:56 AM   #465
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Just let Max go to Mercedes, so he stops winning, and he breaks relations with his dad Jos.

Max won't learn until he finds out his dad is making shitty decisions for him, Jos is trying to live his F1 career through his son.

RBR can find another championship driver, before Max was Vettel, so I'm sure some new talent will be able to be a champion too.
Appreciate 2
      03-04-2024, 10:58 AM   #466
Marcoose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 sDrive35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by g21 View Post
i don't think it matters which car Max drives, he will still win. he won in 2021 when his car was much slower than Lewis'. whether his tactics were questionable is another matter, but he won.

but the bigger point to note is Max is not 12 anymore, i don't think Jos can tell Max who to drive for lol. that article is just looking for clicks i reckon.
Quote:
i thought he got pole despite having a slower car. but that was a few years ago.
Since we're relitigating Verstappen's 2021 championship*:

The RB16B was a good car, and in the hands of Verstappen, a dangerous contender. But the help came from elsewhere. Mercedes thought 2021 was in the bag, and didn't develop the W12, or until not it was obvious RBR and Verstappen had the upper hand. And, unlike RBR, Mercedes let the drivers race and didn't replace Bottas with a stronger #2. But the biggest help came from Massi's novel, on the fly, interpretation of end of safety car procedures. So Verstappen won* the championship. Good for him. His driving talents are impressive. He is deserving of many championships. But he was not a lowly underdog in 2021.

Back to Horner's troubles, please.
      03-04-2024, 12:41 PM   #467
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Jos declares Horner needs to go (or was this already posted in the previous page)

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...la-one-bahrain
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 12:42 PM   #468
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Jos declares Horner needs to go (or was this already posted in the previous page)

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...la-one-bahrain
This entire CF was probably Jos' doing anyway.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 12:55 PM   #469
iamwingman
Major
Rep
Drives: 21 Carrera S, 23 Tesla Model S

Quote:
Originally Posted by lens View Post
Just let Max go to Mercedes, so he stops winning, and he breaks relations with his dad Jos.

Max won't learn until he finds out his dad is making shitty decisions for him, Jos is trying to live his F1 career through his son.

RBR can find another championship driver, before Max was Vettel, so I'm sure some new talent will be able to be a champion too.
Yeah. Max’s life and career are a dumpster fire because of Jos’s guidance. LoL…..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 12:59 PM   #470
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Latest gossip update on the Horner case...

So....there are signs that all this is a smokescreen for Horner to take over RBR and get a large stake in it. Similar to Wolff owning a big stake in MERC.
But...this apparently can also lead to Max and Newey going away to another team like Mercedes....
The gossip is mindblowing....
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2024, 01:00 PM   #471
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
But...this apparently can also lead to Max and Newey going away to another team like Mercedes....
The gossip is mindblowing....
lol, anyone can start a gossip, were there any evidence in the video? (didn't watch) any Dutch reporters saying things?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 01:03 PM   #472
iamwingman
Major
Rep

Quote:
lol, anyone can start a gossip, were there any evidence in the video? (didn't watch) any Dutch reporters saying things?
Most, if not all, of the ‘gossip’ surrounding this has so far turned out to be true.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 01:05 PM   #473
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwingman View Post
Most, if not all, of the ‘gossip’ surrounding this has so far turned out to be true.
well, let's see if Max quits RB, the fastest car ever, and let Charles, Albon, Russell, Lando or Carlos take his place and be guided by Hannah's strategy (by quitting RB it would also mean Horner stays as sporting direktif)

and i thought the previous rumour just last week was Newey's lifelong dream was to design a Ferrari according to his wife, now it's Merc?

also i won't get upset if proven wrong, but this gossip doesn't make any sense
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 01:09 PM   #474
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Watching the video will answer all your questions

And there's an additional gossip about Ben Sulayem the size of Balestre
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 01:19 PM   #475
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Watching the video will answer all your questions
Media sees some grainy video from 50 yards away.

1hr later...Max is leaving RB for Merc, so he can ruin his entire driving career.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 01:20 PM   #476
iamwingman
Major
Rep

Quote:
well, let's see if Max quits RB, the fastest car ever, and let Charles, Albon, Russell, Lando or Carlos take his place and be guided by Hannah's strategy

and i thought the previous rumour just last week was Newey's lifelong dream was to design a Ferrari according to his wife, now it's Merc?

also i won't get upset if proven wrong, but this gossip doesn't make any sense
I meant the gossip regarding what has happened, not what may happen. And most of the rumors and gossip about what has happened have been true. Horner with complaint from subordinate, true. Subordinate is female and issues area sexual in nature, true. There are text message evidence, true. Jos is in a row with Horner and wants him out, true. Every one of these were first met with majority of people dismissing as ridiculous clickbait from journalists. So when I hear now that rumors are that newey and Marko want Horner out. Rumors that Horner was making a play for ownership of the team, and that Max may now be in the Horner gone or me gone camp, I’m not necessarily dismissing. Question is, what are max’s options on breaking contract? That would interesting to know.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 01:22 PM   #477
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
This entire CF was probably Jos' doing anyway.
Most likely. But what's the speculation of likely causes of the rift between Jos and Horner which led them to this point?

Liking the same girl is probably the tip of the iceberg. Two men in their position would be absolute fools to jeopardize all this success over an unnamed PA. And the Monaco qualy incident with Checo is water under the bridge at this point.

I can't really connect Jos' motivations to oust Horner.
Appreciate 1
minn1914078.00
      03-04-2024, 01:22 PM   #478
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

The hopium for Max haters is real. He isn't leaving RB. LOL.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 01:38 PM   #479
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Rumors that Horner was making a play for ownership of the team, and that Max may now be in the Horner gone or me gone camp, I’m not necessarily dismissing. .
i agree the previous ones are true, but that doesn't mean this rumour is true.

Max will leave if Horner stays?

that doesn't tell me Max will leave if Horner stays. that tells me Max wants Horner gone. what happens if Horner isn't gone? A - "we go racing".
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 01:53 PM   #480
iamwingman
Major
Rep

Quote:
i agree the previous ones are true, but that doesn't mean this rumour is true.

Max will leave if Horner stays?

that doesn't tell me Max will leave if Horner stays. that tells me Max wants Horner gone. what happens if Horner isn't gone? A - "we go racing".
I’m not sure. Apparently Jos can be an asshole, but I don’t get the feeling he’s stupid. The fact he went on record about Horner says a lot. There was purpose to that statement, and I don’t think Jos is stupid enough to lay that out there if he doesn’t think he knows where it leads. He knew good and well that once he made that statement that, in the long run, a working relationship between Horner and the Verstappens is over. And I don’t think there is any way in hell Jos and max aren’t on the same page. I think what Horner has done, besides harassing the girl, is deeply insulting to the professionals working for the team. To have to be associated and then answer for that kind of crap is not cool at all, these guys have wives and daughters.. Max is a brand, I guarantee you he’s pissed as hell to be associated with this kind of low rent arrogant demeaning pathetic behavior from Horner, But he’s going to let Jos deal with it while he concentrates on driving the car..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 02:10 PM   #481
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
Liking the same girl is probably the tip of the iceberg.
So it's a fact that they were both having a relationship with this girl? Did anyone report her name yet, or is it still locked down?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 02:16 PM   #482
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I’m not sure. Apparently Jos can be an asshole, but I don’t get the feeling he’s stupid. The fact he went on record about Horner says a lot. There was purpose to that statement, and I don’t think Jos is stupid enough to lay that out there if he doesn’t think he knows where it leads. He knew good and well that once he made that statement that, in the long run, a working relationship between Horner and the Verstappens is over.
fair enough. you're saying RB will have to choose between CH and MV. let's see who they choose.

I guess Merc is the only top runner with a 100% available seat so it makes sense to use Merc as a threat as opposed to a Haas. I'm sure Haas would be very happy to have Max though.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 02:20 PM   #483
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I think what Horner has done, besides harassing the girl, is deeply insulting to the professionals working for the team. To have to be associated and then answer for that kind of crap is not cool at all, these guys have wives and daughters.. Max is a brand, I guarantee you he’s pissed as hell to be associated with this kind of low rent arrogant demeaning pathetic behavior from Horner, ..
this part i don't agree

if your dad sleeps with your boss' mistress and then tells the whole world your boss needs to resign

Max should also be digusted with his father for sleeping with his boss' mistress (you said all rumours are likely true)

Jos should take a good look at himself for sleeping with someone else's mistress

Last edited by G30M; 03-04-2024 at 02:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 02:30 PM   #484
iamwingman
Major
Rep

Quote:
fair enough. you're saying RB will have to choose between CH and MV. let's see who they choose.

I guess Merc is the only top runner with a 100% available seat so it makes sense to use Merc as a threat as opposed to a Haas. I'm sure Haas would be very happy to have Max though.
I’d bet good money Horner is history. But we will see. These new allegations from businessf1 must be damaging, because horners lawyers are already threatening them. And the only thing I’ve seen about Jos and the accuser is them talking in the background on camera. But he’s not married nor is she, so if they are dating- good for them.
Appreciate 0