F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > ~*~*~*~ 2013-2014 Nba Season ~*~*~*~
Studio RSR

02-27-2014, 10:15 AM   #485
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
I can guarantee you that the seeding we see right now will be 100% DIFFERENT come playoff time.....

nobody knows who they're gonna play - the first 6 seeds will be separated by less than 7 games....
The West is so competitive this season it's crazy. In the East you have a team like Brooklyn (26 - 29) who are firmly in the 7th seed. In the West that same record would put you 11 or 12 games out of the playoffs.

Quote:
because Jeremy Lin is that much more shitty - that's why Lin comes off the bench...
I don't know man. I honestly don't watch the Houston Harden's as much as you do obviously, but last night Beverly had absolutely no impact on the game. He got picked by Paul x2, and simply can't create his own shot. In fact the only time I see Patrick even take a shot is if the clock is down or he's wide open with anyone 15 feet away. CP3 tooled Beverly and got him fouled out.

Jeremy Lin seems to have the better court vision, more dynamic off the dribble, and the better shot creator. Yeah he turns it over a little bit more than Beverly, but that's because Beverly doesn't do anything, at all. 2 Field Goal attempts and 4 turn overs. I honestly think McHale benches Lin because Harden is less effective when he's not controlling the ball, and I'm pretty sure that's what a lot of people see around the league as well. Even if you guys got Rondo, or a decent point guard, they would still have to learn how to play with Harden, and I couldn't see Rondo playing that role in Houston.

As for Lin, Houston will let him go like Dragic or Lowry, it seems Houston is the place where guards go to die, then get reborn on another team who knows how to better utilize them. Mark my words, as soon as Lin is on a team that actually plays him more than 15-20 minutes a game, he's going to put up fantastic numbers and people are going to wonder "Where was all this in Houston?" But most of us will know it was a coach who simply didn't know how to utilize one of their better offensive weapons.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 12:22 PM   #486
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
Jeremy Lin seems to have the better court vision, more dynamic off the dribble, and the better shot creator. Yeah he turns it over a little bit more than Beverly, but that's because Beverly doesn't do anything, at all. 2 Field Goal attempts and 4 turn overs. I honestly think McHale benches Lin because Harden is less effective when he's not controlling the ball, and I'm pretty sure that's what a lot of people see around the league as well. Even if you guys got Rondo, or a decent point guard, they would still have to learn how to play with Harden, and I couldn't see Rondo playing that role in Houston.

As for Lin, Houston will let him go like Dragic or Lowry, it seems Houston is the place where guards go to die, then get reborn on another team who knows how to better utilize them. Mark my words, as soon as Lin is on a team that actually plays him more than 15-20 minutes a game, he's going to put up fantastic numbers and people are going to wonder "Where was all this in Houston?" But most of us will know it was a coach who simply didn't know how to utilize one of their better offensive weapons.
+1

It's a crime the way McHale has wasted Lin's talent to date and has now demoted him further into a sub-20 min scrub in favor of Beverly. If they were planning to do THAT all along, why not trade him before the Feb 20th trade date?

It's really a shame. I just hope they're able to trade him between seasons so that he can show what he can do ELSEWHERE, just like Dragic and Lowry have done.
      02-27-2014, 12:44 PM   #487
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Beverly is garbage as garbage goes.

Here's the guy's season stat line:

PPG - 9.4
FG% - .399
3P% - .351
AST - 2.8
TRB - 3.3
Stl - 1.4
TO - 1.2
MPG - 31.7

Statistically, is there a worse starting point guard in the league? I can't honestly think of one. Even Raymond Felton produces more than this guy.

The only rational as to why this guy starts on a team like the Houston Harden's is because McHale wants to allow Harden to control the ball, and wants the offense to flow through him primarily. Basically guys like Parsons, or Howard are secondary options when Harden gets interrupted in iso. I don't understand how a team like this can win a playoff series against the elite teams.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 12:48 PM   #488
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
it seems Houston is the place where guards go to die, then get reborn on another team who knows how to better utilize them.
please give me an example.

and don't use Dragic as your fall-back - I wanted him to stay, but the Rockets chose Lin instead.

I have never been on board with Lin on this team....

again, give me examples of PG's that come here to die and then go elsewhere to be better...i'll wait....
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 12:52 PM   #489
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSW View Post
It's a crime the way McHale has wasted Lin's talent to date and has now demoted him further into a sub-20 min scrub in favor of Beverly. If they were planning to do THAT all along, why not trade him before the Feb 20th trade date?
because no one wants to trade for a scrub back-up PG that turns the ball over and can't play defense that will be making 15 mil next year.

the way Morey pulled Lin away from the Knicks is really coming back to bite him in the ass.

a very healthy backloaded contract that will pay him 15 mil next year and I believe 15 mil in 2015....

Lin is worth about 4 on a good day - we will be stuck with Lin unless Morey can bamboozle some shitty team to take him at 15 mil.....

and when he DOES find a team to take him at that rate, we will all be laughing when he doesn't pan out....

I heard the Kings are signing Royce White to a 10-Day Contract - the entire city of Houston is laughing at the Kings right now....

good luck with all that.....
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 12:53 PM   #490
Efini
Silent Service
Rep
Drives: BMW

yea he isnt a starter, but they play him cause of his D. They use him to get in the face of the other guard throughout the whole game. lots of full court pressure too. I think it was Curry who said that beverly makes him a better player cause of the full time D that beverly puts on. Successful or not, he is always nagging and putting pressure. a lot of star guards get annoyed by him, most recent was chris paul in last nights game. got a little chippy towards the end between the two.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 12:59 PM   #491
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
please give me an example.

and don't use Dragic as your fall-back - I wanted him to stay, but the Rockets chose Lin instead.

I have never been on board with Lin on this team....

again, give me examples of PG's that come here to die and then go elsewhere to be better...i'll wait....
Dude, Cheetos, I gave you TWO examples in the post. Dragic, Lowry, both of whom are having CAREER years now.

I guarentee Lin will have a career year the first year he starts outside of Houston as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 01:03 PM   #492
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efini View Post
yea he isnt a starter, but they play him cause of his D. They use him to get in the face of the other guard throughout the whole game. lots of full court pressure too. I think it was Curry who said that beverly makes him a better player cause of the full time D that beverly puts on. Successful or not, he is always nagging and putting pressure. a lot of star guards get annoyed by him, most recent was chris paul in last nights game. got a little chippy towards the end between the two.
Yeah I get that about Beverly, he's a hustle defense guy just like Matt barnes on the Clippers. Still, CP3 was one assist short of a double-double.

Also, for all of Beverly's effort, Harden in the 2-spot doesn't play ANY defense. He let Collison light them up bad in the 4th quarter, including a DAGGER 3 pointer on the wing that Harden was 15 feet away from to defend. Harden seems to be very lazy on defense IMO.

Just look at this guy.

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 01:17 PM   #493
Efini
Silent Service
Rep

im gonna start paying more attention to him on the defensive side of the ball. Everyone so caught up on what he is doing on the offensive side, putting up good numbers regularly. Im gonna start catching him slippin, looks pretty lazy in that clip lol
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 01:26 PM   #494
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Defense is what separates the truly elite point guards from the "simply good" ones.

Before Kobe got injured, you got put him on just about any 2-spot guard in the league, and Kobe could lock them down. He was a true lock down defender. People always think about Kobe's dagger shots, his fade aways, but I always look at the way he could defend even the quickest guards and ruin their day most of the time.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 02:06 PM   #495
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
im gonna start paying more attention to him on the defensive side of the ball. Everyone so caught up on what he is doing on the offensive side, putting up good numbers regularly. Im gonna start catching him slippin, looks pretty lazy in that clip lol
That's pretty typical of what Harden doesn't do on D. I'd say LOL, but it really isn't funny.

The other annoying thing that Harden does do is dribble & hold the ball (even if other players are clearly open) trying to "find" a shot for HIMSELF but, when he can't find one, he then dumps the ball off to the nearest other player (usually Bev or Lin) who has to throw the ball up w/only a couple secs left on the shot clock.

Result? Usually a missed shot that counts against the other player but not Harden.

Last edited by SSW; 02-27-2014 at 02:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 03:39 PM   #496
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
the way Morey pulled Lin away from the Knicks is really coming back to bite him in the ass.

a very healthy backloaded contract that will pay him 15 mil next year and I believe 15 mil in 2015....

Lin is worth about 4 on a good day - we will be stuck with Lin unless Morey can bamboozle some shitty team to take him at 15 mil.....

and when he DOES find a team to take him at that rate, we will all be
Your dislike of Lin is irrational and FYI the contract was for $5 million for the 1st 2 years and $15 million in 2015. Asik got the same contract.

If Morey made such a bad deal, he should be willing to take the loss on both players and move on BUT he shouldn't penalize Lin or Asik by wasting their talents and forcing them to sit on the bench for 30 mins a game just because he can't admit that he made a mistake and take a "loss" trading them to other teams that actually want to use them.

Instead, Morey (and McHale) are forcing them into a form of atheltic penury which is not good for them or the team.
      02-27-2014, 04:04 PM   #497
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Next year they're going to pay Lin $15,000,000 to sit, and pay almost $1,000,000 to Beverly so he can keep on sucking.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 09:00 PM   #498
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dude, Cheetos, I gave you TWO examples in the post. Dragic, Lowry, both of whom are having CAREER years now.

I guarentee Lin will have a career year the first year he starts outside of Houston as well.
Lowry HAHAHAHA !!!!!

c'mon man - he's a 7 year PG with ZERO all-star appearances. he will NEVER be an all-star.

when he was with Houston he shared time with Dragic - who was better than him - he cried about it, got butthurt, pissed McHale off and got sent packing....

career year !?!? he's scoring 2 more points per game in the weak eastern conference...at least he has two better offensive players to pass the ball to aside from Kevin Martin and Luis Scola.....

if those are the only two PG's you can think of, then your statement was clearly a reach....
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 09:07 PM   #499
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Your dislike of Lin is irrational and FYI the contract was for $5 million for the 1st 2 years and $15 million in 2015. Asik got the same contract.

If Morey made such a bad deal, he should be willing to take the loss on both players and move on BUT he shouldn't penalize Lin or Asik by wasting their talents and forcing them to sit on the bench for 30 mins a game just because he can't admit that he made a mistake and take a "loss" trading them to other teams that actually want to use them.

Instead, Morey (and McHale) are forcing them into a form of atheltic penury which is not good for them or the team.
what !?!?

they still play minutes - and if they were good enough and playing up to their contract, they would have moved them.

NOBAAAWDY in the league wanted Lin......hell, the Rockets don't even want Lin.....

been trying to deal that clown all year.....
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 09:09 PM   #500
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's pretty typical of what Harden doesn't do on D. I'd say LOL, but it really isn't funny.

The other annoying thing that Harden does do is dribble & hold the ball (even if other players are clearly open) trying to "find" a shot for HIMSELF but, when he can't find one, he then dumps the ball off to the nearest other player (usually Bev or Lin) who has to throw the ball up w/only a couple secs left on the shot clock.

Result? Usually a missed shot that counts against the other player but not Harden.
Harden is the worst defender from any elite scorer in the NBA.....

watch this entire possession.....follow him.....

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 11:11 PM   #501
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Harden is the worst defender from any elite scorer in the NBA.....
We at least agree on something . . .
      02-28-2014, 12:51 AM   #502
Efini
Silent Service
Rep

clips going for granger now? whaaaa big baby and granger off the bench? their bench is still mediocre but they sure got size.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 06:37 AM   #503
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lowry HAHAHAHA !!!!!

c'mon man - he's a 7 year PG with ZERO all-star appearances. he will NEVER be an all-star.

when he was with Houston he shared time with Dragic - who was better than him - he cried about it, got butthurt, pissed McHale off and got sent packing....

career year !?!? he's scoring 2 more points per game in the weak eastern conference...at least he has two better offensive players to pass the ball to aside from Kevin Martin and Luis Scola.....

if those are the only two PG's you can think of, then your statement was clearly a reach....
I'm not saying Lowry is going to be on the All NBA team but he's averaging more points, more assist, has a higher FG percentage and shooting better from beyond the arc than he did leaving Houston.

I don't care how you cut it, but 16.9 PPG, and 7.7 assist, let me know what team wouldn't take that all day from a starting PG.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 06:40 AM   #504
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
clips going for granger now? whaaaa big baby and granger off the bench? their bench is still mediocre but they sure got size.
It's official, he's part of Lob City.

It's funny, Granger was Indiana's #1 guy for years. 2 years ago he was clearly their #1 option, then he gets injured and Paul George emerges. Man things change fast.

I still see Granger as a threat but he's got a lot of rust on him and hasn't played much the past 2 years. On a good night, he can contribute 10-15 points off the bench. As a starter, maybe more. Certainly a better go to option than Antawn Jamison who we shipped out IMO.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2014, 09:32 AM   #505
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm not saying Lowry is going to be on the All NBA team but he's averaging more points, more assist, has a higher FG percentage and shooting better from beyond the arc than he did leaving Houston.

I don't care how you cut it, but 16.9 PPG, and 7.7 assist, let me know what team wouldn't take that all day from a starting PG.
I agree with you, but your comment made it sound like the Rockets PG's have been getting better once released or traded by the Rockets for decades......

we loved Lowry here - I told my buddy that I wanted Lowry to retire a Rocket. but he butted heads with McHale because McHale KNEW Dragic was a better PG.....

in the end, Morey made a retarded decision to let Dragic walk, let Lowry walk, and then go grab a scrub from NY because he had a few good games under his belt...

but the point is, the Rockets DO NOT have a track record of getting rid of PG's that do amazing things with other teams......

the Rockets WILL NEVER get to the Finals unless they go after a high assist to turnover PG that DOESN'T turn the ball over as much as Lin/Harden....

the Rockets DO NOT value possessions as much as they should, and that will keep them from potentially getting into the second round of this year's playoffs - they CANNOT continue to turn the ball over so much....

that's why, they need an elite floor general.....
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2014, 02:15 PM   #506
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
It's official, he's part of Lob City.

It's funny, Granger was Indiana's #1 guy for years. 2 years ago he was clearly their #1 option, then he gets injured and Paul George emerges. Man things change fast.

I still see Granger as a threat but he's got a lot of rust on him and hasn't played much the past 2 years. On a good night, he can contribute 10-15 points off the bench. As a starter, maybe more. Certainly a better go to option than Antawn Jamison who we shipped out IMO.
I'm glad the Clippers got him. Solid pickup. Better that than him landing in Miami or Chicago.

He is a veteran that plays smart basketball. He is also a big body that can play good defense both on and off the ball.

His 3-point FG percentage dipped into the 30s this year but it was hard for him to get a rhythm with the diminished playing time and lack of game reps generally.

He's somewhat lost the ability to create his own shot/take it hard to the rim but if he can get his 3-point game dialed in (he once was consistently in the high 40s as far as percentage is concerned), he will be a valuable bench player.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0