F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
proTUNING Freaks

02-23-2020, 05:33 PM   #991
theblues
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY14 328xi - Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
I am glad that it worked for you.

I listen to FM radio sometimes and always preferred the stock bmw bt for the call quality and the ability to hear the phone ring while listening to the radio.

I wish that there was a way to turn off the mmi's bt signal in the settings. But I posted my solution using a faraday pouch a few posts back that completely blocks the mmi's bt signal so it doesn't compete with the stock bt on my phone. It's working great so far.
There are times where Carplay doesn't load up on MMI - only Bluetooth connection with my iPhone. Those times are the ones the echo to the other side of the call is nasty.

Once Carplay takes over MMI, the echo issues go away. And also, the quality of the audio on my side is crystal clear (HD) since my head unit is not equipped with probably an older Bluetooth module.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 05:38 PM   #992
Aurelion
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

I just installed the Andream box in my 2014 F30. Everything works fine and as expected, no echoes during outgoing calls.

One thing that’s bugging me is after plugging everything in, my iDrive clock is now showing —:—. No matter what I select between auto time zone or manual time updates, the clock won’t set any time. Did anyone experience this before?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 09:09 PM   #993
xDHC
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F20 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelion View Post
I just installed the Andream box in my 2014 F30. Everything works fine and as expected, no echoes during outgoing calls.

One thing that’s bugging me is after plugging everything in, my iDrive clock is now showing —:—. No matter what I select between auto time zone or manual time updates, the clock won’t set any time. Did anyone experience this before?
You forgot or did not correctly install the fiber optics cables
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 10:36 PM   #994
Aurelion
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDHC View Post
Oh damn I guess I will have to do that again when I install the backup camera next week. Is there a picture of how the wires install. If I remember correctly, I had the black sheathed one on the outside and the green at the bottom. Thanks though at least I know where the problem is.

Edit:

This is how I have put it in right now but I do bot remember the original orientation of the green and black cable. Does go specific to the model/trim? I guess if anything I can simply reverse it and test before putting it back. Initially, I though the clock needs to be setup again as I disconnected the battery.
Attached Images

Last edited by Aurelion; 02-23-2020 at 10:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 12:05 AM   #995
terrymcg
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Oh damn I guess I will have to do that again when I install the backup camera next week. Is there a picture of how the wires install. If I remember correctly, I had the black sheathed one on the outside and the green at the bottom. Thanks though at least I know where the problem is.

Edit:

This is how I have put it in right now but I do bot remember the original orientation of the green and black cable. Does go specific to the model/trim? I guess if anything I can simply reverse it and test before putting it back. Initially, I though the clock needs to be setup again as I disconnected the battery.
As you can see the connector is keyed. It will only go in one way.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 03:40 AM   #996
TheSpider9319
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320D 184hp

Hello friends,
I just bought a BMW F30 from 2013. Im new ot the BMW ownership world, it is my first BMW and I just love it.
I woul like to install this on my car but I don't really know all the "technical terms", for these cars.
How do I identify my headunit to know if this can work?
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 04:43 AM   #997
Onthepayload
Rep
Drives: F20 BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpider9319 View Post
Hello friends,
I just bought a BMW F30 from 2013. Im new ot the BMW ownership world, it is my first BMW and I just love it.
I woul like to install this on my car but I don't really know all the "technical terms", for these cars.
How do I identify my headunit to know if this can work?
Thank you
Hey,
my car is also from 2013 and has the NBT. Chance is though, your´s can also have the CIC Version. As I remember, the CIC Version must have a "Combox" as well. I believe the "Combox" for the F30 should be in the trunk, right next to the fuses - below the cover on the trunk floor. It looks like this: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1138857

If you don´t have it, I´d say 99% chance its an NBT. You can also check your manuals. Mine had a manual, saying "....NBT" on it.

EDIT: This is also pretty handy: https://www.bimmer-tech.net/blog/ite...cic-nbt-nbtevo

Last edited by Onthepayload; 02-24-2020 at 04:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 05:06 AM   #998
TheSpider9319
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthepayload View Post
Hey,
my car is also from 2013 and has the NBT. Chance is though, your´s can also have the CIC Version. As I remember, the CIC Version must have a "Combox" as well. I believe the "Combox" for the F30 should be in the trunk, right next to the fuses - below the cover on the trunk floor. It looks like this: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1138857

If you don´t have it, I´d say 99% chance its an NBT. You can also check your manuals. Mine had a manual, saying "....NBT" on it.

EDIT: This is also pretty handy: https://www.bimmer-tech.net/blog/ite...cic-nbt-nbtevo

I will check the trunk after work. Id it doesn't have that "Combox", it means that it is NBT?

If I follow the Bimmer Tech post, it looks like it is CIC, but Im not sure.
It is a way to check the fabrication time with the VIN or something?
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 05:18 AM   #999
Onthepayload
Rep

Quote:
I will check the trunk after work. Id it doesn't have that "Combox", it means that it is NBT?

If I follow the Bimmer Tech post, it looks like it is CIC, but Im not sure.
It is a way to check the fabrication time with the VIN or something?
Thank you
Found this Video, I knew that its possible to check it via the Navigation Version, but didn´t know the specifics. Those are explained in this video:

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 06:32 AM   #1000
xDHC
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:

Edit:

The issue you posted i only had 1 time when i forgot to move the fibre cable from the original block into the MMI block. At that point i also could not see the car's maintenance history etc. After i moved the fibre cable to the mmi block that goes into the NBT the issues where gone. And yeah it can only go in 1 way afaik.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 07:27 AM   #1001
Aurelion
Rep

Quote:
The issue you posted i only had 1 time when i forgot to move the fibre cable from the original block into the MMI block. At that point i also could not see the car's maintenance history etc. After i moved the fibre cable to the mmi block that goes into the NBT the issues where gone. And yeah it can only go in 1 way afaik.
In that case I will try to reinsert it as I know it went in correctly and clicked in place in the new connector. Also reading up on it those two fiber optics cable are for the speakers it seem.
Another thing I noticed which might not be relevant is I cannot see Instrument Cluster in the Bimmercode menu anymore. I see all the others including HU_NBT and able to code the others fine.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 08:00 AM   #1002
TheSpider9319
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Found this Video, I knew that its possible to check it via the Navigation Version, but didn´t know the specifics. Those are explained in this video:

It says "MOVE", so it is NBT on small screen.
Thank you a lot for the help
View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 08:08 AM   #1003
HACK_F30
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

When I call someone using Android Auto (WireAuto), the other persons can hear themselves (kind of an echo).
When calling through Apple CarPlay, no issues...
Anyone who can help? Does it have something to do with settings?

Normal calling always went good through the BMW iDrive system.

EDIT: Nvm, just saw a lot of other users are having this issue...
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 08:15 AM   #1004
xDHC
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HACK_F30 View Post
When I call someone using Android Auto (WireAuto), the other persons can hear themselves (kind of an echo).
When calling through Apple CarPlay, no issues...
Anyone who can help? Does it have something to do with settings?

Normal calling always went good through the BMW iDrive system.

EDIT: Nvm, just saw a lot of other users are having this issue...
Change the settings as to the ones that fixed the issue, a few pages back.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 09:03 AM   #1005
Firefly1337
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F20 M135i LCI

Quote:
Another thing I noticed which might not be relevant is I cannot see Instrument Cluster in the Bimmercode menu anymore. I see all the others including HU_NBT and able to code the others fine.
Make sure the latest MCU update is applied and that the iDrive screen is shown while coding, then it should work.

Quote:
It says "MOVE", so it is NBT on small screen.
Thank you a lot for the help
MOVE is CHAMP2 and not NBT. CHAMP2 is CIC based and therefore won't work with this MMI.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 09:42 AM   #1006
Onthepayload
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly1337 View Post
Make sure the latest MCU update is applied and that the iDrive screen is shown while coding, then it should work.

MOVE is CHAMP2 and not NBT. CHAMP2 is CIC based and therefore won't work with this MMI.
Seems like the Youtube fellow should expand his research.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 11:27 AM   #1007
Aurelion
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly1337 View Post
I did update the MCU to the latest from bimmertech, might revert that to Andream's and see if it works. Also, certain that I was in the iDrive while coding. I starting to think the optical cables are not sitting correctly in the new quadlock.

Also, is there an easier way of detaching the cables from the various panels. Like the one going to the radio instrument panel did not come off no matter how hard I pull it. I am guess the cold weather had to do with it being that stiff. I saw it in this video where he pulls it straight off easily at 1:35

Last edited by Aurelion; 02-24-2020 at 11:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 11:29 AM   #1008
Pauloxxi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014-320Xi / 2017-330Xi

Garage List
I have a very simple BMW 320 XI, year 2014. This is the small display, and I DO NOT HAVE NAVIGATION with that... Meaning the cheapest system available that time. The vehicle was out of the door with telephone bluetooth ONLY... Then I called someone who coded to make work the Bluetooth audio.. Now I would like to include the Apple Car Play, so I can use the cellphone navigator. ARE OTHER MEMBERS WITH SIMILAR VEHICLE SETUP USING THIS SYSTEM?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 12:11 PM   #1009
Onthepayload
Rep

Error Codes
We made a small mistake intergrating the MMI.
Long story short: We had to disconnect the passenger airbag switch, but the battery was already connected.

Now I have an error (Occupant restraint system error).
I´ve read that some people have problems with coding, is that also a problem with error codes and reading out the control modules?`

I just bought a cheap OBD Unit to read and clear the trouble codes, but it cannot find the trouble codes, nor does it seem to read all the control modules.

Is it the cheap OBD module, or maybe the mmi (I also switched to NBT screen, to make sure - no difference)?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 12:15 PM   #1010
claytonkethe
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335xi

Quote:
Error Codes
We made a small mistake intergrating the MMI.
Long story short: We had to disconnect the passenger airbag switch, but the battery was already connected.

Now I have an error (Occupant restraint system error).
I´ve read that some people have problems with coding, is that also a problem with error codes and reading out the control modules?`

I just bought a cheap OBD Unit to read and clear the trouble codes, but it cannot find the trouble codes, nor does it seem to read all the control modules.

Is it the cheap OBD module, or maybe the mmi (I also switched to NBT screen, to make sure - no difference)?
A code reader will only read ECU codes most of the time, for clearing the error, the easiest way is to disconnect the negitive battery terminal for 20 seconds that should clear the code.
      02-24-2020, 12:20 PM   #1011
nitsuj17
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabloxxi View Post
I have a very simple BMW 320 XI, year 2014. This is the small display, and I DO NOT HAVE NAVIGATION with that... Meaning the cheapest system available that time. The vehicle was out of the door with telephone bluetooth ONLY... Then I called someone who coded to make work the Bluetooth audio.. Now I would like to include the Apple Car Play, so I can use the cellphone navigator. ARE OTHER MEMBERS WITH SIMILAR VEHICLE SETUP USING THIS SYSTEM?
If you have a my2014 you can install this without a problem. I would however recommend you also upgrade to a 8.8 CID from eBay. Carplay on the tiny 6.5 screen is nowhere near as good as the 8.8. especially for split screen
Appreciate 1
Pauloxxi343.50
      02-24-2020, 12:50 PM   #1012
Onthepayload
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonkethe View Post
A code reader will only read ECU codes most of the time, for clearing the error, the easiest way is to disconnect the negitive battery terminal for 20 seconds that should clear the code.
It´s not even reading them, thou the unit is capable of clearing codes.
Are you sure that the battery disconnect will solve this? Iam not. I found countless examples where ppl hat different errors and hat to clear them actively.
Appreciate 0