F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > NHS 1% pay rise.
proTUNING Freaks

03-25-2021, 03:07 AM   #89
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-56518221
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2021, 03:16 AM   #90
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
Backdated to 1st December too.
      03-25-2021, 04:05 AM   #91
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Wonder who is paying for it? Scottish decision so just the Scots or are we all contributing?

and in typical media style its 4% for some, but less for others, and the higher paid get less in absolute terms, they must not have had such a bad year as the more junior staff....
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2021, 05:24 AM   #92
AyrshireColin
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Taycan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Wonder who is paying for it? Scottish decision so just the Scots or are we all contributing?

and in typical media style its 4% for some, but less for others, and the higher paid get less in absolute terms, they must not have had such a bad year as the more junior staff....
This may come off worse than it's intended to, that's such an English thing to say!

Reality is that the powers that be (our glorious SNP government ) will cut from somewhere else to fund, which I fundamentally disagree with....might as well just as well cut it from our education system seeing as the have royally f*cked that up!

And I totally agree, usual media sensationalism.

Also do not like how the Scottish Government has went off-piste on this. Although we have separate governments and budgets, anything should be agreed and UK wide (it's the usual 'look how understanding we are' act and also and also by design going to put pressure on everyone else to do the same).

For what it's worth, and until now I haven't commented, they should have taken what was on offer and moved on as far as I'm concerned.
Appreciate 2
JustChris17605.50
Pentland1791.00
      03-25-2021, 05:30 AM   #93
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyrshireColin View Post
This may come off worse than it's intended to, that's such an English thing to say!

Reality is that the powers that be (our glorious SNP government ) will cut from somewhere else to fund, which I fundamentally disagree with....might as well just as well cut it from our education system seeing as the have royally f*cked that up!

And I totally agree, usual media sensationalism.

Also do not like how the Scottish Government has went off-piste on this. Although we have separate governments and budgets, anything should be agreed and UK wide (it's the usual 'look how understanding we are' act and also and also by design going to put pressure on everyone else to do the same).

For what it's worth, and until now I haven't commented, they should have taken what was on offer and moved on as far as I'm concerned.
Its ok, its a forum, different views welcomed. Although I suspect we are aligned on our views on this!

I'm all in favour of them being paid appropriately (and police) but this smacks of a pre election vote winner with no idea how they will pay for it! Suspect they will be asking westminster for more in the very near future if they do ok in the elections...
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2021, 05:39 AM   #94
DB118D
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118d Sport

Quote:

Covid support cash is paying for it. Money destined for struggling private businesses during lockdown that the SNP decided to withhold and use for electioneering instead

There will also be calculations in the background to show just how much of that extra 4% will end up back in the Scottish Government's hands in increased PAYE and forcing some recipients on to a higher tax band
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2021, 06:00 AM   #95
AyrshireColin
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

[QUOTE=isleaiw1;27389979]Its ok, its a forum, different views welcomed. [QUOTE]

I meant the 'English' comment....I honestly have no clue what's politically correct and what's not these days. Last thing I wanted was an anti-English comment coming from anyone!

But I think you are correct re. closely aligned!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2021, 06:04 AM   #96
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

[QUOTE=AyrshireColin;27390050][QUOTE=isleaiw1;27389979]Its ok, its a forum, different views welcomed.
Quote:

I meant the 'English' comment....I honestly have no clue what's politically correct and what's not these days. Last thing I wanted was an anti-English comment coming from anyone!

But I think you are correct re. closely aligned!
I think you will find that this side of the border we are British
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2021, 06:42 AM   #97
Pentland
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i (G42)

[QUOTE=isleaiw1;27390056][QUOTE=AyrshireColin;27390050]
Quote:
Its ok, its a forum, different views welcomed.

I think you will find that this side of the border we are British
As there is no such thing as a Scottish, Welsh, English or NI passport there is no debate we are British. I just hope that position remains. Not just by way of paperwork but spirit too.
Appreciate 2
isleaiw18852.00
      03-25-2021, 05:29 PM   #98
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Quote:

yes I am contributing but I don't get the pay uplift(rightly so). If you read my earlier posts sure I'm happy as there guys have been working non stop no furlough no working from home just increased workloads and risks.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 06:28 AM   #99
AyrshireColin
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
yes I am contributing but I don't get the pay uplift(rightly so). If you read my earlier posts sure I'm happy as there guys have been working non stop no furlough no working from home just increased workloads and risks.
This is a genuine question - no paid overtime?

I'm not meaning to jump on specific statements by anyone, I just hate this narrative!

No furlough (NHS worker or otherwise) is a good thing, it means that you have a job that is classed as essential, by and large means that you haven't lost a penny in wages over the piece and that your job is secure (I appreciate that's not 'the rule').

There seems to be so many people out there who view those that can work from home as having some kind of privilege.

Personally speaking I work as a maintenance team leader in a pharmaceutical supply plant, I have x15 direct reports, we have never missed a days work, my guys all got a 1 off payment after the initial ho-ha had died down (as a thank-you for continuing to come to work and deliver when there was so much uncertainty), I put my guys into 'pods' for the first 6 months working early shift/back shift on alternate weeks to keep them apart and protect them/minimise contact with each other (they also got enhanced payments for this), overtime was and has been as regular as always, company bonus paid as normal yet some of the guys were absolutely up in arms about the fact that their union settled on a 2% wage rise for this year....meanwhile in the real world people are 'privileged' enough to be furloughed, working reduced hours, working from home - lets read that as having less money in the bank each month and questions about job security, having less money in the bank and questions about job security, trying to do a full time job from home while also doubling up as a teacher. Maybe its just me .

I find myself having more regular conversations with my team at work where I have to explain that they have 2 hands and work one shift, that means that I can get one shifts work out of them. If they work overtime I can get more out of them but the fact remains that they have 2 hands and can only do the work of one man!

I'm staggered by the tit for tat mindset that exists - the whole things is a complete sh*tshow for everyone. Nobody is getting one up on anyone here.
Appreciate 2
isleaiw18852.00
      03-26-2021, 06:50 AM   #100
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
This is a genuine question - no paid overtime?
@AyrshireColin
Nothing to do with overtime. pre covid workload say for eg an 8-8 shift was heavy pay was not great. During covid workload 8-8 and risk (sicker patients and risk of catching covid) increased substantially that's all.

re
'no furlough no working from home just increased workloads and risks'

just stating facts.This may well apply to uou and many other workers and I would never argue against them being paid appropriately either.

re
'your job is secure'
agree for now or next 2-3 years etc
but doesn't have to mean a 4%pay rise as the Scottish govt has provided shouldn't be good.
Appreciate 0