F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > NO Xplode
proTUNING Freaks

01-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #67
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.jay View Post
Currently taking Jack3d, good stuff dont worry about the tingling its the Beta-Alanine in it lol, far better tasting than NO Explode and I get a better pump. Also I take Optimum 100% Whey Gold Series for my protein.
I'm probably gonna go this route. Three scoops of True Mass just seems like an obscene amount of JUNK to be putting in your body. NO Xplode has lost its effectiveness, too, even after taking a break from it. Most of my weight gains are coming from water weight, anyway.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #68
dr.jay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
I'm probably gonna go this route. Three scoops of True Mass just seems like an obscene amount of JUNK to be putting in your body. NO Xplode has lost its effectiveness, too, even after taking a break from it. Most of my weight gains are coming from water weight, anyway.
Do it, for $22 you can't beat it, also I don't take it on off-days from the gym like NO recommends. I heard good things about True Mass but it is expensive compared to Optimum
      01-17-2010, 02:21 PM   #69
jimmy330xi
Captain
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: '06 330xI, '04 YZF R1

I am taking True Mass and Animal Pack, they are working very well. I did some reading and found a better product, is called Synthrax Nectar, according to Bodybuilding .com is rated 20/20 for flavor and effects. I just got my order in but still have a few more days till I am finished with the true mass to switch to the Synthrax Nectar. Will see if it really is a better product. Hospitals use it, they get the non flavored one. If health professionals give it to their patients then that brings some peace of mind and makes me feel better about taking it.

'06 330Xi, '04 CBR600RR, '04 YZF-R1, '06CBR600RR, '10 S1000RR
M-tech, Injen, Hamann, Remus, KW, Breyton
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 10:28 PM   #70
Bweezy311
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

Can anyone confirm that their runs have been suffering while taking NO Xplode? I've noticed that my muscles are burning out much much quicker than I was before. And for those that are going to say drink more water, I already drink 2-3 liters a day. Anyone else going through the same?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 10:46 PM   #71
igotaweinerdog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

I feel i run longer and harder after i take NO Xplode
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #72
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bweezy311 View Post
Can anyone confirm that their runs have been suffering while taking NO Xplode? I've noticed that my muscles are burning out much much quicker than I was before. And for those that are going to say drink more water, I already drink 2-3 liters a day. Anyone else going through the same?
It's not just how much you drink, but when you drink it. It's good to drink a good amount before you take it and especially right after when you're working out/running
      01-20-2010, 04:39 PM   #73
RedlineMotorworks
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6.2L F-150 Raptor

The first time I took NO, I felt incredible. It really does give you a huge amount of energy.

Unfortunately, your body gets used to it and after a while, the only good thing is that it tastes good...
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #74
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy330xi View Post
I am taking True Mass and Animal Pack, they are working very well. I did some reading and found a better product, is called Synthrax Nectar, according to Bodybuilding .com is rated 20/20 for flavor and effects. I just got my order in but still have a few more days till I am finished with the true mass to switch to the Synthrax Nectar. Will see if it really is a better product. Hospitals use it, they get the non flavored one. If health professionals give it to their patients then that brings some peace of mind and makes me feel better about taking it.
Bolded for teh lulz.
True mass is a high calorie weight gainer with fat, carbs, and protein; nectar is a protein powder. Two totally different products. How exactly do you plan on determining if one is "better" than the other? Despite what the companies selling the products tell you, protein powder is protein powder, and as long as you're buying from a reputable company, none is any better than the other. Chances are it's all sourced from the same wholesaler anyway, only difference being the label on the jug.

Syntrax nectar is just protein powder. You won't notice the slightest "effect" from it unless you're undereating now. And by switching from true mass to nectar, you'll actually be eating less unless you adjust calories elsewhere in the diet. So if weight gain or strength increase is your goal, progress will slow. You would get literally the exact same if not better results from eating whole food.

Nectar is one of the best tasting protein powders I've come across though.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 11:34 PM   #75
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
Nitrix three times per day
CellMass directly after my workout & nighttime on my off days
NO Xplode before my workouts

Protein during & after my workouts

I've been lifting for more than 10 years solid & have achieved some great results during this time. I've tried most of the popular supplements & normally cycle off of the majority of them every 4-6 weeks.

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 12:06 AM   #76
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
NO-Xplode makes me poo.

Used it for 2 years though. Does what it says. When you off-cycle though, it's hard to stay motivated. The extra caffeine and sugar help you get going...and when you don't get it, you just take longer to get going.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #77
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

I recently started taking creatine with my protein and that alone has pumped me up beyond belief. It helps me power through the last few reps on my 3rd or 4th set where normally I'd be struggling or dropping weight. I also seem to have a lot more energy throughout the day.

I don't know why you would need the othe products in NO-Xplod (or the like) which includes taurine & caffeine, unless you really just can't get yourself motivated to go to the gym. That's a mental thing I would think. Assuming you can get yourself amped to actually get there and start your workouts, am I wrong to assume taking some creatine by itself would be just as effective as NO-Xplod?
      02-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #78
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
NO-Xplode makes me poo.

Used it for 2 years though. Does what it says. When you off-cycle though, it's hard to stay motivated. The extra caffeine and sugar help you get going...and when you don't get it, you just take longer to get going.
+1
Im currently using Juggernaut. And no poopy pants!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #79
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

I love creatine but I drop my guts every 2 minutes, literally. I've had a few incidents at the gym where I thought I crapped myself and had to go check. The gains are there, but it's just not for me
Appreciate 0