BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

05-22-2015, 05:11 PM   #89
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

I was driving my E93 M3 with my toddler on the back, and F82 M4 was driving like crazy.
      05-22-2015, 10:57 PM   #90
Vanmarsenille
In On The Kill Taker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MB GLS550; 2016 RR HSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
I was driving my E93 M3 with my toddler on the back, and F82 M4 was driving like crazy.
That's very sad; an obviously insecure souped up 335 driver, showing his/her insecurities. A cry for help, really.
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2015, 11:53 PM   #91
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
? Your kid was on the trunk
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 12:00 AM   #92
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
? Your kid was on the trunk
lol
Fortunately booster seat fits well.
      05-24-2015, 12:00 AM   #93
Rusty_Schackleford
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1985 Yugo

Mustangs Mustangs and more Mustangs.

There's no absence of people who want to race on Friday nights, usually I get people that will rev and take off at full throttle. I enjoy revving back then taking off at 5mph while they haul off full speed.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 01:22 AM   #94
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

911 Turbo trying to race me while going to church.

05-24-2015, 06:07 AM   #95
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:

He wants to get to heaven first.
      05-24-2015, 11:13 PM   #96
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL View Post
I had an SLK 55 do a flyby today. He learned.

lol
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 06:22 PM   #97
bravm3pwr
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

Hey! That was me. Wait, that TT is white, must be my evil twin.

Seriously, have a TTS. We should go carve up the mountains one day.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 08:31 PM   #98
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

I would be happy even if you let me and wife take a look at at the T S. I need to convince my wife so that I can upgrade our 1999 Avalon to something like what you have +/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravm3pwr View Post
Hey! That was me. Wait, that TT is white, must be my evil twin.

Seriously, have a TTS. We should go carve up the mountains one day.
      05-29-2015, 11:41 PM   #99
bravm3pwr
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

I would be happy even if you let me and wife take a look at at the T S. I need to convince my wife so that I can upgrade our 1999 Avalon to something like what you have +/-
Ha! I travel most weeks but we can meet up when I'm in town. To be fair, the Avalon will be more comfortable to drive.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 11:48 PM   #100
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Very nice.
I might not even sell the car, because it was my first DIY confidence builder.

Currently looking at basic DIY maintenance on 3-4 cars (for decision making), and I recently saw the GT3 on YouTUbe. Seems easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravm3pwr View Post
Ha! I travel most weeks but we can meet up when I'm in town. To be fair, the Avalon will be more comfortable to drive.
      08-30-2015, 11:43 PM   #101
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

I was just turning right with my Toyota, and this (another) 911 Turbo in front of me just peeled.... wth.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 09:41 PM   #102
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

had a g37 tail me, got into a tunnel and i ripped it. as did he, couldn't even hear his car.

after we got out, he gave a thumbs up. surprisingly.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 01:57 PM   #103
Strokeyguy
Banned
Rep
Drives: Dinan E92 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilv3r View Post
Lifted trucks seem to be repeat offenders in my case. VW GTIs, anything AMG and any kid in a 335 want to race. I don't even try any more, just wait for them to roll away before I commit to setting off so there's no question I have no intention of racing. I quit that sort of recklessness as I was caught racing a W212 E63-S shortly before I sold my W211 E55 Kompressor. Mercifully, I was let off with a written warning after one of the officers discovered he knew a member of my family (a former local judge). It was an entirely random event, but it turned out I knew the gentleman I was racing as well (a local attorney who goes to the same gym as me). Anyway, after being read the potential consequences of street racing, it's just not worth it (arrest, public record, massive fines and points on your license, insurance premiums raised, car impounded, etc.). I've been meaning to write the officer a letter in thanks.
Nothing personal, but that's really unnerving. That was unethical and corruption of the highest degree to let you go with a warning just because you are socially connected with a former local judge. That really pisses me up more than anything. It is understandable you want to thank that rotten cop but he should be jailed and sued by the public for doing that. That is a really serious offense for a public servant, much worse than committing the same violation himself. In addition he should be fired and barred from any public service profession.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 05:53 PM   #104
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

I don't know what it is and why it's the case but I notice that ever since I got into a M3 (couple of weeks ago) almost everyone tries to race me all the time. It wasn't the case at all when I had my C63 AMG before this. It's almost like people were scared of the C63 and nobody wanted to mess with it but the M3 everyone wants a shot. I find it quite annoying to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 08:00 PM   #105
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokeyguy View Post
Nothing personal, but that's really unnerving. That was unethical and corruption of the highest degree to let you go with a warning just because you are socially connected with a former local judge. That really pisses me up more than anything. It is understandable you want to thank that rotten cop but he should be jailed and sued by the public for doing that. That is a really serious offense for a public servant, much worse than committing the same violation himself. In addition he should be fired and barred from any public service profession.

calm your tits, not every officer out there is trying to arrest someone for street racing. there are actual, true, harmful crimes going about
Appreciate 3
      09-01-2015, 10:22 PM   #106
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
What rock have you been living under, it's who you know. You would take every benefit you could from your relations.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 10:27 PM   #107
Bushum
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 6MT

Quote:

I gave a guy a warning today. He does bathroom remodeling. Before you report me I'll have you know that both of my bathrooms have recently been remodeled so I am NOT looking for any type of quid pro quo.

Last edited by Bushum; 09-01-2015 at 10:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 10:58 PM   #108
quiksi
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
it must be a sign of how bad traffic is in my city if nobody even TRIES to race around here... I should just get a Prius

2011 E90 M3 6mt AW/Speed Cloth - ZCP, Moonroof, non-iDrive - PCD 12/9/10
Painted reflectors, matte black grills/gills, Deansbimmer Belly Pan, DEI Alarm, Homelink/compass retrofit, Passport MAX2 Hardwire, GP Thunder 8500K, modmy3 LED interior, Dinan Mufflers, HRE P40 19" Satin Charcoal, Michelin PS4S
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 03:20 PM   #109
MPowerZ32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Man

I don't street race. I take it to the track. Street race is usually won by the biggest douche out of all the participants, the guy with the least amount of regard for others' safety.
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2015, 10:23 PM   #110
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokeyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilv3r View Post
Lifted trucks seem to be repeat offenders in my case. VW GTIs, anything AMG and any kid in a 335 want to race. I don't even try any more, just wait for them to roll away before I commit to setting off so there's no question I have no intention of racing. I quit that sort of recklessness as I was caught racing a W212 E63-S shortly before I sold my W211 E55 Kompressor. Mercifully, I was let off with a written warning after one of the officers discovered he knew a member of my family (a former local judge). It was an entirely random event, but it turned out I knew the gentleman I was racing as well (a local attorney who goes to the same gym as me). Anyway, after being read the potential consequences of street racing, it's just not worth it (arrest, public record, massive fines and points on your license, insurance premiums raised, car impounded, etc.). I've been meaning to write the officer a letter in thanks.
Sometimes the end might justify the means and perhaps this case illustrates that. The net effect it caused some major changes in thinking and behavior which might save some lives. While we might not like the special privileges afforded in reality that's how the world works.
I tend to look for the positives in all situations rather than focus strictly on the negatives.
Just my two cents...
Appreciate 0