F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 2 Series damage repair - East London (Docklands)
GetBMWParts

01-22-2021, 05:57 PM   #1
KTE
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A slow car

2 Series damage repair - East London (Docklands)

A friend of mine is keeping his PCH a little longer than expected and has had damage on it for a while:
  • Rear quarter panel
  • Rear bumper (edge)
  • Dent on wing
  • Front bumper missing the headlight washer cap/cover. Assume either side has scrapes.

I have made him aware that it is usually best to pay the leasing agency their prices on handing it back as there isn't the chance for them to say the car has been painted to lower standards, and charging him for further £££..

Can't exactly recall condition myself and will get images as soon as he can get these over to me, but he had gotten back into driving after a long break, and parks in a very tight underground car park with many pillars.

Most scrapes are down to base coat, not bare metal. Vehicle is a 2 series coupe, registered May 2017.

Any recommendations for body shops in the Docklands region? E16 postcode and surrounding areas.

Expected cost - £500-£800?

Other question - he was only meant to keep it for 2 years, its now passed 3 years. No one has contacted him regarding end of warranty check. Registered May 2017. Last MOT the centre mentioned it was just above the threshold for lambda readings but passed it as it dipped on another read. BMW should be replacing this for him if it's faulty, but its also nearing 3.5+ years since registration.

Edit (pics available):

Last edited by KTE; 01-23-2021 at 08:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 06:22 PM   #2
Abrek
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY18 435d

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTE View Post
A friend of mine is keeping his PCH a little longer than expected and has had damage on it for a while:
  • Rear quarter panel
  • Rear bumper (edge)
  • Dent on wing
  • Front bumper missing the headlight washer cap/cover. Assume either side has scrapes.

I have made him aware that it is usually best to pay the leasing agency their prices on handing it back as there isn't the chance for them to say the car has been painted to lower standards, and charging him for further £££..

Can't exactly recall condition myself and will get images as soon as he can get these over to me, but he had gotten back into driving after a long break, and parks in a very tight underground car park with many pillars.

Most scrapes are down to base coat, not bare metal. Vehicle is a 2 series coupe, registered May 2017.

Any recommendations for body shops in the Docklands region? E16 postcode and surrounding areas.

Other question - he was only meant to keep it for 2 years, its now passed 3 years. No one has contacted him regarding end of warranty check. Registered May 2017. Last MOT the centre mentioned it was just above the threshold for lambda readings but passed it as it dipped on another read. BMW should be replacing this for him if it's faulty, but its also nearing 3.5+ years since registration.
Nobody will contact him for end of warranty check, he needed to book it at the same time as brake fluid change and mot
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 08:38 AM   #3
KTE
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrek View Post
Nobody will contact him for end of warranty check, he needed to book it at the same time as brake fluid change and mot
Brake fluid hasn’t been done yet, after a call to BMW UK an appointment is going to be booked for end of warranty and brake fluid.

MOT was done at an independent garage, car was also delivered Dec 17. Hence the call to BMW UK for any arrangements to be made, if they agree..

I’m aware warranty was extended previously for many when the pandemic broke out, so this may help, but will wait to see.

It’s a while granted, but was low priority being a health worker at a large hospital. Not many non ‘enthusiasts’ know about certain aspects.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 11:36 AM   #4
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTE View Post
  • Rear quarter panel
  • Rear bumper (edge)
  • Dent on wing

My car is about to hit 3 years and my dealer (Stephen James) sent me a letter and called to arrange a end of warranty check. Maybe down to the dealer but they have always been pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 09:24 AM   #5
KTE
First Lieutenant
Rep

Will update - however currently booked in for brake fluid and end of warranty checks.

Still searching for recommended body shop/repairs in East London area.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 02:10 PM   #6
KTE
First Lieutenant
Rep

Still on the lookout for a bodyshop/smart repair - won't be likely to able to leave it for a little while anyway.

End of warranty check was rejected a day prior to attending for EOW + brake fluid.

Nothing wrong with the car, but lesson learned for the amigo.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 05:06 AM   #7
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP & S1000 XR

Sounds like a really shit leasing company.
Any decent company should have ensured recommend manufacture servicing was done.
As for warranty, it's well out. Bmw already extended it last year, to the end of June.
I don't really know why your friend is concerned. He obviously doesn't give a toss about the car. He should just give it back & get something else.
      02-04-2021, 07:05 AM   #8
ian332isport
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5pilot View Post
He should just give it back & get something else.
Driving lessons
Appreciate 3
Paddy1975198.00
BIFCAIDS857.00
Ennoch2257.00