F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > bike?
ARMA SPEED

07-23-2013, 10:31 PM   #23
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
OK...it was nice of you to share.
sorry dealing with a troll. i was just curious about the bike and frame in particular. found it for what i thought was a good price. did a bit of research and thought that these homegrown frames were all hand built and pretty high end at the time. As much as i ride it most important now is that it doesnt break apart on me and the seat is comfortable which it seems they never are.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #24
lsal
We are all Longwong
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP LCI

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Well, you can only lead a horse to water....
You gave it an honest try...
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #25
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
sorry dealing with a troll. i was just curious about the bike and frame in particular. found it for what i thought was a good price. did a bit of research and thought that these homegrown frames were all hand built and pretty high end at the time. As much as i ride it most important now is that it doesnt break apart on me and the seat is comfortable which it seems they never are.
Oh, I see now. You are bored and were dying to call someone a troll (whatever the hell that means) and, rather that asking for some info about the frame and bike specifically, or when prompted as I did above, you were curious to see if we could guess WTF you wanted to know more about.

I asked what you wanted to have discussed, and you offered nothing. Then you attempt to insult me by name calling, as if that's a grown-up way to handle the matter.

You bought a run of the mill bike for $100 and by your own admission you have no burning desire to ride it. Surely it isn't your first bike, and at $100 you and I both know it's probably not that special a bike, but it will likely nonetheless function, which is probably more than enough for someone who doesn't want to ride a bike. What did you want to know about frame or anything else?

Did you think maybe someone would chime in saying that you got an incredible deal and that the bike is really worth about $50K? Or perhaps your aspirations weren't nearly so lofty and you just wanted some affirmation that you didn't spend too much to buy a bike you don't really want to ride?

And, quite frankly, I am even going so far as to question the veracity of your assertion that you don't know anything about bikes for the following reasons:
  • A cycling novice is highly unlikely to cite 6061 aluminum as the frame material and knowingly distinguish it from 7006 aluminum, steel or carbon.
  • A cycling novice is hardly in a position to independently posit that the bike has all stock equipment on it.
  • A novice, particularly one who isn't into riding bikes to begin with, isn't about to cite part names, even if the seller may have mentioned that the bike is and example of the last American hand made frame bikes, when asking about the bike.
Lastly, since you want to resort to name calling, here's the one I have for you: child.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 11:02 PM   #26
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsal View Post
You gave it an honest try...
I did try. Yet, you see where it got me, right?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #27
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh, I see now. You are bored and were dying to call someone a troll (whatever the hell that means) and, rather that asking for some info about the frame and bike specifically, or when prompted as I did above, you were curious to see if we could guess WTF you wanted to know more about.

I asked what you wanted to have discussed, and you offered nothing. Then you attempt to insult me by name calling, as if that's a grown-up way to handle the matter.

You bought a run of the mill bike for $100 and by your own admission you have no burning desire to ride it. Surely it isn't your first bike, and at $100 you and I both know it's probably not that special a bike, but it will likely nonetheless function, which is probably more than enough for someone who doesn't want to ride a bike. What did you want to know about frame or anything else?

Did you think maybe someone would chime in saying that you got an incredible deal and that the bike is really worth about $50K? Or perhaps your aspirations weren't nearly so lofty and you just wanted some affirmation that you didn't spend too much to buy a bike you don't really want to ride?

And, quite frankly, I am even going so far as to question the veracity of your assertion that you don't know anything about bikes for the following reasons:
  • A cycling novice is highly unlikely to cite 6061 aluminum as the frame material and knowingly distinguish it from 7006 aluminum, steel or carbon.
  • A cycling novice is hardly in a position to independently posit that the bike has all stock equipment on it.
  • A novice, particularly one who isn't into riding bikes to begin with, isn't about to cite part names, even if the seller may have mentioned that the bike is and example of the last American hand made frame bikes, when asking about the bike.
Lastly, since you want to resort to name calling, here's the one I have for you: child.
back it down a tad tony. i called mdosu a troll not you and it was him i was dealing with that had me distracted. i have never had a bike since a kid. my wife sent me an add for it and thought it seemed like a good deal. when i did looking into it prior to purchase i thought i had found a really good deal as homegrown seemed to be a big deal back then. i bought the bike came home and read the name of the parts on the bike and quoted them here. the frame says its 6061 an alloy i am familiar with from other arenas. My guess that it had stock components came from that assertion by the seller and my research which looked to be the case. i dont ride bikes that doesnt mean i am unfamiliar with the english language and do know what a sprocket, seat, frame, bars, pedals, and brakes are?

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 11:42 PM   #28
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Fair enough. I apologize for sharing so much of my mind with you. I clearly misunderstood the first sentence of your reply to me. I'm sorry.

If you would like, I will be glad to delete my lengthy retort. It's true those were the thoughts going through my head, but had I not felt like I was being insulted, I'd have kept them to myself. And I would definitely not have called you a child, even thinking all the rest.

Quote:
back it down a tad tony. i called mdosu a troll not you and it was him i was dealing with that had me distracted. ...

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #29
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Fair enough. I apologize for sharing so much of my mind with you. I clearly misunderstood the first sentence of your reply to me. I'm sorry.

If you would like, I will be glad to delete my lengthy retort. It's true those were the thoughts going through my head, but had I not felt like I was being insulted, I'd have kept them to myself.
must not have seen the part about him saying i needed training wheels and that i was 400lbs. we trade insults at times in good fun.

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 12:48 AM   #30
JN1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: S211 AMG E63

As soon as I'm finished restoring this piece I'll be riding again. Hopefully I'll have a roof rack for the F30 for it as well soon.

Instagram straight flexin'
1962 English-made Raleigh 3-speed
      07-24-2013, 12:58 AM   #31
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
must not have seen the part about him saying i needed training wheels and that i was 400lbs. we trade insults at times in good fun.
Actually no, I didn't, but I did, as I was scrolling quickly down to leave my first post, see someone wonder if bikes are made for folks as heavy as that. I scrolled back to your original post, figuring that if you were indeed 400 lbs, surely that must factor into what you want to know, but saw no reference to your being 400 lbs., so I ignored the other person's comment and made my first post as you saw it.

Almost without exception, I read an OP's first post and respond to that, and that alone, in the first post I make in a thread. After that, I check out what the peanut gallery has to say.

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #32
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

contrary to others i weigh right at about 200lbs. biking at 400 might prove difficult.

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #33
lsal
We are all Longwong
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP LCI

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
contrary to others i weigh right at about 200lbs. biking at 400 might prove difficult.
Wow! Things got intense overnight...
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 09:23 AM   #34
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

nah just a misunderstanding mostly.

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 09:23 AM   #35
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Tubes tend not to like it.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #36
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

well...looks like I failed at blowing up another one of your threads. i'll try harder next time.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #37
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
well...looks like I failed at blowing up another one of your threads. i'll try harder next time.
Don't bother. Thought your shifter one was funny. Didn't go anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #38
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Don't bother. Thought your shifter one was funny. Didn't go anywhere.
bomb squad is my middle name. I defuse them before they blow up...
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #39
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
bomb squad is my middle name. I defuse them before they blow up...
Yeah I guess that one was good too.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #40
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Tubes tend not to like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsal View Post
Wow! Things got intense overnight...
Quote:
Actually no, I didn't, but I did, as I was scrolling quickly down to leave my first post, see someone wonder if bikes are made for folks as heavy as that. I scrolled back to your original post, figuring that if you were indeed 400 lbs, surely that must factor into what you want to know, but saw no reference to your being 400 lbs., so I ignored the other person's comment and made my first post as you saw it.

Almost without exception, I read an OP's first post and respond to that, and that alone, in the first post I make in a thread. After that, I check out what the peanut gallery has to say.
so since we have the cycling experts attention, 1moremod and I have a question.

Professional cyclists and the sport has been rife with blood doping. I'm just curious, after you shoot yourself up, how does it feel?

And you'll have to parallel your thoughts as as an automotive analogy. Will you say it's similar to putting on a supercharger to a S65B40? (JB4 upgrade for you N54 owners) Or would you say it's like running on unleaded race gas?

thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #41
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Most of the pro-level cheats are just about adding RBC's or gaining a very small advantage in VO2 max or reduced lactic acid production. I'd guess that they aren't something you'd really feel, but could/should be able to see very small percentage changes in wattage as measured through a power meter. I'd guess the most advantageous change would be around or less than a 1% change. Of course after seeing the bonk that Floyd Landis put down and the recovery the next day, perhaps it's a little more than that. Call Chris Froome and ask him.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #42
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Most of the pro-level cheats are just about adding RBC's or gaining a very small advantage in VO2 max or reduced lactic acid production. I'd guess that they aren't something you'd really feel, but could/should be able to see very small percentage changes in wattage as measured through a power meter. I'd guess the most advantageous change would be around or less than a 1% change. Of course after seeing the bonk that Floyd Landis put down and the recovery the next day, perhaps it's a little more than that. Call Chris Froome and ask him.
interesting, the Royal Australian special forces uses this method for their soldiers on certain missions. This is in lieu of using know drugs that increase stamina and concentration like caffeine, Ephedrine, modafinil and creatine
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #43
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:

LMAO... don't you know 1moremod and mdosu trade posts just to hear themseleves talk?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #44
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
LMAO... don't you know 1moremod and mdosu trade posts just to hear themseleves talk?
I don't know this mdosu fellow you speak of. Side note on drugs. Caffeine is a tested substance at least in powerlifting meets I've done. Kinda crazy as almost every preworkout product contains banned stimulants.
Appreciate 0