F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW worst crisis in history
Extreme Powerhouse

11-30-2008, 08:14 PM   #23
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
Can't spend when my dad might lose his job next year.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 11:36 AM   #24
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfer View Post
Can't spend when my dad might lose his job next year.
maybe your dad should sell your (his) car and try teaching his son the value of money.

or you could try moving out, getting a job, not taking anything from daddy and see how long it takes to make enough to buy the 335i you're driving.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 03:34 PM   #25
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post
maybe your dad should sell your (his) car and try teaching his son the value of money.

or you could try moving out, getting a job, not taking anything from daddy and see how long it takes to make enough to buy the 335i you're driving.
Maybe you should take that stick up your ass and know that I am paying for my car myself, down payment and all. I'll add insurance and gas and all maintenance while I'm at it, among numerous other bills to pay. Whatever I have left, after 401K and savings deposits, I buy a set of some stupid aluminum pedals.

Maybe you should teach yourself not to assume things, because you make an ass of you but not me.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 04:37 PM   #26
petener999
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e65 750i, E46 M3

Not this shit again...
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 04:59 PM   #27
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by petener999 View Post
Not this shit again...
Well that douche herbz has nothing to stand on. Even funnier is that he didn't comment on the topic and will probably not even come back

And as for the topic, BMW is not the only one suffering. I don't think people want to commit a substantial amount of money into anything right now when people fear losing their jobs among other things.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 06:17 PM   #28
petener999
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e65 750i, E46 M3

That's true a lots of people are cutting down their spending...
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 06:22 PM   #29
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

If we don't spend we are going to see alot more jobs lost. Yes it is true that we are buying alot of stuff "made" outside the US. But the stores that US citizens work in rely on selling these products... No products being sold no need for the stores to be open.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 06:23 PM   #30
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
If we don't spend we are going to see alot more jobs lost. Yes it is true that we are buying alot of stuff "made" outside the US. But the stores that US citizens work in rely on selling these products... No products being sold no need for the stores to be open.
RambleJ? RJD2?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 06:59 PM   #31
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

RJD2??
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 07:29 PM   #32
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320what View Post

Probelm for BMW is that their cars are not really luxury enough to be in demand by the elite rich who will keep buying Porsches and Lambos. BMW is a mass market luxury car, therefore it WILL suffer from the drop in demand. So expect factory closures, cost cutting, quality going a bit down. all the good stuffˇ. I imagine that quality wise, E46 would remain as best made 3 series for a while.
You've got to be kidding. One of the largest Lambo dealers just recently closed its doors due to low demand. The economy is affecting EVERYBODY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post

A bit uncalled for....no? You're making huge assumptions without any knowledge about their financial situation.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 08:33 PM   #33
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
You've got to be kidding. One of the largest Lambo dealers just recently closed its doors due to low demand. The economy is affecting EVERYBODY!
Lambo claims it had nothing to do with the economy. Sounds like BS to me, but they claim it's true.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2008, 09:18 PM   #34
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
everything is going to be just fine!
Are these the words your Banker says to you just after they repo your house,

"everything is going to be just fine!"

Famous last words they are!

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2008, 03:06 AM   #35
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
RJD2??
lol nvm. he's just a music artist i like.

Quote:
RJD2 (born Ramble John "RJ" Krohn on May 27, 1976) is an American music producer, singer and musician. RJD2 was born in Eugene, Oregon, and raised in Columbus, Ohio. He currently resides in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He was signed to the Definitive Jux label where he released two largely instrumental hip hop albums and has produced tracks for many prominent rappers. However, he has now left Def Jux and has signed with XL Recordings.[1] His latest album, The Third Hand, is a striking departure from his usual style and features RJD2 singing and playing instruments on nearly every track.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RJD2
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2008, 01:48 PM   #36
JIM E92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328 Coupe

Isn't BMW now worth more than the Detroit Three combined?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #37
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

the bailout should go in this order

BMW
Mercedes
Audi

The rest of the inferior car manufacturers........
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2008, 09:08 PM   #38
scheherazade
Major
Rep
Drives: 09 GTR (& 93' accord!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
That's the thing. The US doesn't produce anything anymore. We buy imported goods - largely from Asia. You can buy stuff, but you're not supporting the US; you're supporting foreigners in most cases. China is the new US. They will be reaping the benefits of their efforts in the 21st century much like the US did in the 20th century.
20% of our entire GDP is manufacturing.
In some states as much as 30% of entire state GDP.

There are maybe half a dozen nations whose ENTIRE GDP manages to exceed just our manufacturing GDP.

Imports are just highly visible, because we have many cheap items that are simply everywhere.

We just need people to get used to things, so they can get over their discomfort, and start buying again. You need demand to pay people's salaries.
Saving is nice and all, but if everyone saves then we all lose more money in the long run via lost income.

People like to jump to extremes. "We have to all save!" "We have to all spend!". Seriously... just do both in moderation. Get a grip and start enjoying life, and in the mean time put some cash aside each month. This isn't rocket science. Balance your impatience versus your income. Elementary subtraction is the only skill you need to win at this game.

-scheherazade
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #39
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Lambo claims it had nothing to do with the economy. Sounds like BS to me, but they claim it's true.
They won't admit this but it's actually because everyone's now realized the new Lambos are really just VWs with bigger engines.....
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2008, 09:58 PM   #40
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
We just need people to get used to things, so they can get over their discomfort, and start buying again. You need demand to pay people's salaries.
Saving is nice and all, but if everyone saves then we all lose more money in the long run via lost income.
Get a grip and start enjoying life, and in the mean time put some cash aside each month. This isn't rocket science. Balance your impatience versus your income. Elementary subtraction is the only skill you need to win at this game.
-scheherazade
All very elementary for those who live on a paycheck. Simple.

But I just received my monthly statement yesterday and I have lost $12,917.71 for the month of November. That's money that no longer exists. It's gone. My real estate holdings (two houses) are worth a lot less than they were worth this time last year. That's money gone. It no longer exists. You want me to go out and buy stuff? When my value has diminished so much? When my assets are dwindling? These are real life assets disappearing, not just something written on paper.

Would you go out and spend, spend, spend if your employer decided to give you only 1/3 of your paycheck next time? And what if they said, "oh, and by the way, we're not sure but maybe next time we'll take out an additional 1/3."

Living on a paycheck and saving a little bit here and there is one thing, but if you have money tied up in various investment tools and you're watching it implode, that's something else all together. Why the hell do you think investors are pulling their money and stashing it away in cash? Why do you think bankers are doing the same and not lending? Do you think rich people have all their money sitting in little savings accounts? No, and the reason why they're rich is because they invest. But with everything imploding around them, they pull their investments and horde the cash. Simple.
Appreciate 0