F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW M6 owner destroys car at Frankfurt IAA in protest
proTUNING Freaks

09-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #111
n4speed
China
Rep
Drives: 116 URBAN

I used to know only Chinese will do it,LOL
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #112
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

The toast was done on one side: they still paid respect for the interior, the wheels, the roof, the boot and the bonnet/engine.

For the sake of art an Austrian artist used more effective tools of destruction to finish a car:

But to put things into perspective about this Carrera S 'art treatment':
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=25
      09-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #113
NAV8TT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 ///M3 E92 DCT ZCP

Almost did that to my F30
      09-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #114
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Your first port of call and upmost responsibility lies with the dealership , they are responsible for the sale of your vehicle and its servicing. Then it will be referred to the distributor , only special cases would be taken straight to BMW AG but your distributor would intervene with your dealer in order to work to a solution.
Yeah, you are saying something Scott, except my friend and this guy wrote to BMW and nobody answered. They should send at least some answer that they look into the issue, etc.
My friend had the same problem:
Three letters to BMW UK - No answer
Two letters to BMW AG Germany - No answer
The result? Lost a very good customer.

Let's not wash it. BMW should have stepped in and fix the machine. Period.

I had a problem with my Jaguar dealership which is also the single one in my city; and because of that they do what they want.
After many stupid things like change oil and my car was smoking that people stopped me with extinguishers, brakes that were fixed but once I reached my house I almost drove through my garage door (brakes were gone), block notes and player tool left on my engine compartment and car still not fixed plus fingertips on my white leather, I have exploded. They throw me out saying that they will not see my Jaguar anymore.
I have called Jaguar UK and talk to them. 20 minutes later I have received a call from Jaguar customer service department in UK apologizing and saying that the dealer should call me soon. after 5 minutes the dealer's owner called me apologizing and asking me to bring the car back next day first time in the morning. Everything was fixed properly. After two days Jaguar UK called me back asking me if I am happy. They also send me a cheque with all the money back for all the repairs that were improperly done. I also received a registered letter from them that on my next Jaguar I will receive $10.000 off on my next purchase.

The dealership is a pain but after that, anytime I walked in there they fixed my car like it was president's car.
Bottom line, the dealerships shouldn't do what they want. And the manufacturer should straight them up when need it!
Now that I call customer service.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #115
LindaTheCat
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 6MT

Audi must have paid this guy...so cheap not the new M6...
      09-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #116
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

He probably has a small dick
      09-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #117
671rover
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '94 D90, '95 D90 SW, '11 VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post

Your first port of call and upmost responsibility lies with the dealership , they are responsible for the sale of your vehicle and its servicing. Then it will be referred to the distributor , only special cases would be taken straight to BMW AG but your distributor would intervene with your dealer in order to work to a solution.
I'm sure most understand these port of calls but the customer don't really care about these port of calls. They want their vehicle fixed, period. BMW and their dealership/distributor can sort out these port of calls. I guess sometimes when a company gets too big, it loses sight of serving its customers.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #118
671rover
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '94 D90, '95 D90 SW, '11 VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Yeah, you are saying something Scott, except my friend and this guy wrote to BMW and nobody answered. They should send at least some answer that they look into the issue, etc.
My friend had the same problem:
Three letters to BMW UK - No answer
Two letters to BMW AG Germany - No answer
The result? Lost a very good customer.

Let's not wash it. BMW should have stepped in and fix the machine. Period.

I had a problem with my Jaguar dealership which is also the single one in my city; and because of that they do what they want.
After many stupid things like change oil and my car was smoking that people stopped me with extinguishers, brakes that were fixed but once I reached my house I almost drove through my garage door (brakes were gone), block notes and player tool left on my engine compartment and car still not fixed plus fingertips on my white leather, I have exploded. They throw me out saying that they will not see my Jaguar anymore.
I have called Jaguar UK and talk to them. 20 minutes later I have received a call from Jaguar customer service department in UK apologizing and saying that the dealer should call me soon. after 5 minutes the dealer's owner called me apologizing and asking me to bring the car back next day first time in the morning. Everything was fixed properly. After two days Jaguar UK called me back asking me if I am happy. They also send me a cheque with all the money back for all the repairs that were improperly done. I also received a registered letter from them that on my next Jaguar I will receive $10.000 off on my next purchase.

The dealership is a pain but after that, anytime I walked in there they fixed my car like it was president's car.
Bottom line, the dealerships shouldn't do what they want. And the manufacturer should straight them up when need it!
Now that I call customer service.
+1 for Jaguar, resolving the issue quickly.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #119
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Awesome! It's about time somebody do something to that eye sore. Hated that 6 series since day 1, M or not. Just don't hurt that V10, it's innocent of all BMW crimes...
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #120
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 671rover View Post
I sure most understand these port of calls but the customer don't really care about these port of calls. The want their vehicle fixed, period. BMW and their dealership/distributor can sort out these port of calls. I guess sometimes when a company gets too big, it loses sight of serving its customers.
... and then the company goes down. I do agree with a point that whoever (dealer/factory) responsibility to satisfy the customer is, ultimately BMW must ensure a customer is happy otherwise people will go to other brands and once a brand gets bad reputation, it will be hard to get back.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #121
Gastoys
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BWM 335i M Sport sapphire

Why not donate the car to a cause and buy something else?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #122
F32
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gastoys View Post
Why not donate the car to a cause and buy something else?
Because he owns the car and can do whatever the fuck he wants with or to it.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #123
M5007
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition Package

That's $10,000 worth of repairs. Including the lenses and windows they smashed. It will be good as....well a Lemon. LOL
      09-17-2013, 11:24 PM   #124
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMD View Post
BMW will pay the guy off. They won't want the bad publicity.
I think it's a little late for that...
      09-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #125
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

To the guys questioning why he did it or why he didn't do something else with the car...

Clearly the guy has the money to blow and he wanted to send BMW a message (after multiple attempts to do so privately). He made the news and we're watching the video as I'm sure many are across the world. He accomplished by getting this out to the world. He hit BMW right where it hurts, the media. I commend him for it. It's ridiculous to think the kind of money we spend on these luxury cars just to have them breaking down every few months. Figure it out BMW. (*knocks on wood*)
      09-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #126
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

09-18-2013, 12:16 AM   #127
Badboy8813
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 Frozen SS 2014 M6 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster bmw View Post
you must be an idiot...5k+ posts and still such moronic comments
you mad bro?
      09-18-2013, 12:49 AM   #128
-Wingman-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M-Sport

Lol at the people saying this act was meaningless. Look at the members on just this one thread having doubts about their own cars from watching this video.

Just imagine how a crowd of people, or rather a mass of people who are uneducated about cars in general would react to such an act.

If this man's act could sway just a few BMW enthusiasts, it's definitely going to sway the consumer looking at this and thinking to themselves, 'do I want bmw, Audi, or Mercedes?'

I honesty don't know much about computers and electronics. If I were on the market for a tablet and I saw some guy smashing the hell out of an iPad, I probably wouldn't consider buying an iPad anymore....though, that's just me in a hypothetical situation conceiving the mind of a man who would trash his own property, having me think to myself that logically, one would only do that to his belongings if it truly were a pos.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 01:24 AM   #129
CC1980
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si coupe e86

Good for him, after sales service in the UK is rock bottom and completely let's the side down....premium product with great designs needs matching level of service....monkeys would do a better job servicing and repairing my BMW's!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 01:27 AM   #130
visualguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5

The killer issue is typically service. Many mechanics are incompetent and/or under too much pressure and/or don't care enough to do the job right. It's hard work, they don't get paid well, and they are under time pressure.

I've had many bad experiences with dealership service departments over 30 years of owning cars. Even the best dealerships didn't offer consistent service. I've had cases where even really simple things like oil changes were screwed up. I've seen everything: rags left in the engine compartment, hoses left disconnected and dangling, coolant sprayed all over the engine, paint damage from tools, botched clutch replacements, wild goose chases with many part replacements without fixing the problem (only causing other problems). The list goes on and on... I've even had a couple of brand new cars that I bought damaged by dealerships pre-delivery. This is not limited to BMW - same crap with all the brands that I owned. It's not as though one brand has better mechanics than others.

This is why I dread even a minor problem in a new car. Once service gets their hands on it, the results are unpredictable, with some likelihood of incurring additional problems caused by incompetent work.

I do all regular maintenance myself now, and don't bother going to the dealer for any problem that I can live with (like rattles) where the cure can be easily worse than the disease.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 03:22 AM   #131
Rminnicks
Registered
Rep
Drives: M-3 black

M-6

Never did say what problem were!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 04:10 AM   #132
RazBimmer
Private First Class