F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions > Feedback: To Bimmperpost on 4-Series Site
GetBMWParts

08-17-2023, 04:44 AM   #1
Arexander
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i; BMW 435i; Ducati

I assume this would be the correct thread to post feedback on the forum as it's in the general topics.

I previously owned a 335i, and had a great time using bimmerpost. Whether it was to post pictures, ask for help on issues, look at DIY posts, or look at parts for sale from vendors/private sellers. It was a breeze.

This year, I purchased an n55 435i and logically went back to bimmerpost as they have separate links to all the BMW classes. However, in my experience these past few months, it hasn't been smooth as it was for the 3 series site.

For example, whenever I search for used parts in the Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons forum or in the Regional Forums. There are various posts flooded with different classes. I see one post where they are selling performance parts for a 340i (b58), another selling a tuner for a 328i (n20), and a factory exhaust for a 335i (n55).

This is an issue (to me) because it opens a flood gate. For example, if I am looking to buy a used jb4, and the seller posts it as "n55 jb4", I am going to assume it's a direct fit for my car. However, this is not entirely true. If you go to Burger Tuning's site, they categorize the car series & model that specifically states "F Chassis N55 BMW JB4 Tuner." Whereas, for the 3 series n55, they have it listed as "E Chassis N55 BMW JB4 Tuner."

This would be okay if the seller is a vendor. Because they will let you know specifically what part is compatible with your car. And if there is an issue, you can always return under their refund policy or exchange. Yet, for a private seller, they can choose to refund you or not. If the latter, than you have an expensive paper weight that is not compatible with your car.

So, the question is, why are members allowed to post threads for 3-series cars when this site is specifically for the 4-series?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2023, 09:13 AM   #2
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Why do some people treat this site like it's their own personal Fleabay or Craigslist? Honestly, this is the LAST place that I would look to buy things, because there's really no vetting of scammers.....
      08-17-2023, 10:53 AM   #3
Arexander
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Why do some people treat this site like it's their own personal Fleabay or Craigslist? Honestly, this is the LAST place that I would look to buy things, because there's really no vetting of scammers.....
This is merely your opinion. I've had 12/12 successful transactions using this site to purchase used parts.

Nevertheless, I would like to re-emphasize the actual point:

So, the question is, why are members allowed to post threads for 3-series cars when this site is specifically for the 4-series?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2023, 12:03 PM   #4
alex2364
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP / 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [10.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arexander View Post
This is merely your opinion. I've had 12/12 successful transactions using this site to purchase used parts.

Nevertheless, I would like to re-emphasize the actual point:

What site? Bimmerpost is for all BMWs. There is no specific 4 Series section. 3 and 4 Series are combined because mechanically it's 90% the same.

And I don't even know know why you're complaining about seeing search results for B58, N20, and N55 because even if you split 3 and 4 Series sections apart, all 3 engines were available for both F30 and F32.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2023, 04:04 PM   #5
Arexander
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
What site? Bimmerpost is for all BMWs. There is no specific 4 Series section. 3 and 4 Series are combined because mechanically it's 90% the same.

And I don't even know know why you're complaining about seeing search results for B58, N20, and N55 because even if you split 3 and 4 Series sections apart, all 3 engines were available for both F30 and F32.
For being a member on this site for 17 years, it's surprising that you can't see the tabs above the page. Here, let me help you with a visual. Does the picture below help you?

In response to your irrelevant statement about the engine blocks being "available." That's exactly my point (to the non-technical savvy people). As an example, one big difference between the b58 vs n55 is the engine block design. The B58 is a closed-deck versus the open-deck of the N55. Closed deck is stronger and paves way for power increases without over-stressing the block.

I'm not even going to bring the obvious in design between the two series...smh

There are good articles about the design differences, just type it in the Google search. Here, let me help you with another screenshot below.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0