savarona
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Ferrari F430, M5, 3.0cs, e91

One of the best reviews????

Dont agree on that...

Just a car, nothing special???
....Jennifer Lopez is also JUST a girl.

There are people ( like me ) who will never buy a rs6 for example not even when the F10 delivers 560hp and the rs6 like 850hp.

M buyers buy because of love.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Russia's pseudo Jeremy Clarkson wanna-be trying to gain a watcher rating by making a controversial and shockingly pure critical review of an M5. Gain viewers, take money from car makers and review accordingly

I stopped watching after he blamed BMW for the dirt under the hood and failed to close it my 2005 M5 never had that much dirt through these years. There are regular reviews, there are also cynical reviews and then there are simply crap reviews by some wannabe dude.

This is how to make a review:
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
Russkey
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW AW 550xi

Garage List
2012 550xi  [10.00]
He is the ex owner of that famous gold m5...check on youtube his sick driving in Moscow
P.S. I agree with him about the engine and LED.

Last edited by Russkey; 02-23-2012 at 12:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
levitan
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3 E46

this guy does not copy other people and their transfer. He says what he thinks and what it actually is.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #6
levitan
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUS74 View Post
He is the ex owner of that famous gold m5...check on youtube his sick driving in Moscow
P.S. I agree with him about the engine and LED.
oh yeah! you were right

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
mhh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi RS6

Not a flattering review but he makes a point.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #8
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by levitan View Post
this guy does not copy other people and their transfer. He says what he thinks and what it actually is.
The manner of your reply compliments your thread. M5 (F10) is a fantastic car. You registered today and made 3 troll posts in the M5 (F10) section without having driven or even seen the car live, and claim it to be one of the best reviews when it's one of the most subjective ones - that is not the best introduction and you don't get a second chance to make the first impression.

That video you so eager to promote is made of purely subjective criticism and biased coverage of the car, which has in turn superseded its predecessor in every way as dozens of other, more reputable car magazines have covered with a reference to lap times. Take your trolling elsewhere.

P.S. The man that did the coverage is an auto hooligan known for his gold-colored M5 and several unsuccessful attempts in entering car tuning business in Russia attempting to enter review business now in a biased controversial manner.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
levitan
Canada
Rep

I think an objective ... I will wait for the second part. Tired of surveys of journalists who only praise and smoke tires. And this applies not only to the M5 and other cars
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #10
levitan
Canada
Rep

singularity
In part I agree with you. I'm not saying that a bad machine and M5 in the survey also did not say. I did not go on it! you're right ... only when the dealer went to the BMW sat in the cabin. Treat other people's opinion is more tolerant. The fact that BMW put turbocharged engine in the M5 I was very sad. thank you

P.S. Who is this man to me there is no difference. I can not live with him)
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #11
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
singularity
In part I agree with you. I'm not saying that a bad machine and M5 in the survey also did not say. I did not go on it! you're right ... only when the dealer went to the BMW sat in the cabin. Treat other people's opinion is more tolerant. The fact that BMW put turbocharged engine in the M5 I was very sad. thank you

The difference between you and I is that I own both cars and that review is just a filming of a biased opinion. The whole review is made of:

"Car's hood doesn't close"
The car's hood closes perfectly fine, every time.

"Dirt under the hood"
Is this even an argument? Shows dirty driving and not washing the car, my car never had such a dirty hood and I've drifted in bad weather as he did in the video.

M sticker is unsticking from brake pads
Pretty low for a remark, drifting in 2500 km on roads full of chemicals and salt that damage car's paint can do many things.

"No LEDs"
Those lights are LEDs. The guy doesn't know what he's talking about. The difference between F13/F14 are headlight structure and are a $5000 option.

"Can drive this every day, but it can never be a GT-R"
What kind of comparison is this? GT-R one of world's top supercars, not a family sedan. Very amateur talk.

"Turbo charged engine"
Same as competition did a long time ago. Philosophy in today's market and for a leading car company is to defend its interests. The engine is much more efficient and more powerful, that's what matters and that's what customers want. Engine capacity also decides a car's price because of VAT and car's price in many countries and a result of EU emission requirements.

No coverage of the car's interior? No comparison to competition sedans? That's not a review that's a video of some angry guy
I mean no disrespect to your opinion, but your way of introducing yourself does not give me reasons to immediately respect it either. Please drive and see the car for yourself - if you will not like it, I will personally be glad to hear your feedback and what you dislike. I for one own both cars, love them and absolutely love F10 Tons of satisfaction and pleasure is what reflects all owners' experience. Trust me I'll be one of first to point out a flaw as soon as it appears, and I'll ask about it on this forum.

Today I had a reset of all iDrive settings only to learn later that my daughter accidentally changed iDrive profile

Have a fine day
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #12
///M5Canuck
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i xDrive

Quote:
singularity

Correct me if I am wrong, but being in Canada, there are no M5's in dealerships. And you are addressing someone that actually own's a F10 M5 vs. a youtube video.

Also, this review is terrible. The guy says there is nothing new about this car from its predecessor that is spectacular and then says other than the engine, the transmission and a couple other things 100% totally different than the E60. Power went way up. Efficiency went way up. Comfort and driveability went way up. You like the other engine better, with its less HP and 12mpg, you can have it. Then he takes it to a dyno and asks how it can be tuned; if I closed my eyes, I would have thought he was reviewing a Honda Civic. Tuning the car is great, if that is what you want to do, but the vast majority of owners are not buying specifically to tune but to have a beastly luxury auto to commute and and occasionally enjoy a thrill.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #13
///M5Canuck
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i xDrive

ALSO, at the end the reviewer says how disappointed he is that they went from a V10 down to TT V8 and that there was a significant improvement in the RS6 from the last model to the upcoming model. I am pretty sure Audi went from a V10 to a TT V8 as well, AND it produces less BHP than the M5. Oh, I just re-read what I wrote, yeah, the Audi is much more revolutionary compared to the ordinary F10 M5. (is there an eye rolling emoticon on here?)
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 11:42 PM   #14
levitan
Canada
Rep

Thank you for your detailed response. I will be testing the new M5 himself) Now I got even more interesting
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 01:29 AM   #15
audiobahn
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

yeah he also said something about the audi having a new gear box, also the f10 m5 has a new gearbox
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 01:44 AM   #16
mbVSbmw
Rep
Drives: M550XI

Dude needs to lose some weight and then M5 will start handling as it supposed to.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #17
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

EPIC

Finally a review that doesn't hang on "best M5 ever" or a dyno giving 10%+ more power than stated.
Win for Russian science .. no f30 335i 0-60 in 4.7s grade inflation here

"There is nothing new here, no improvement" =

God, I love this review!
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #18
imposss
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4 Comprtetion

BMW F10 M5 amateur review + DYNO

This guy owned Gold wrapped E60 M5, now he owns Gold wrapped X5M.
Now he decided to make a review of a new M5 and didn't really like it.
Check it out guys, its in russian but with subtitles
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #19
Biff Grissel
stankmouth
United_States
Rep
Drives: fun

this guys a boss! great review imo.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #20
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Wow that dyno was great. Such a beast. This guy does not seem to know much about the car if he thinks the S63tu is not vastly different from the S63 and thinks there are no break throughs in terms of technology.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #21
Cal@Sonic MS
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

What a tool. Yeah there is a reason why BMW designed the car with USA in mind...because it is the largest market worldwide for them!

Communism failed, capitalism prevailed. Go back to your gold wrapped glamour toys you idiot.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #22
bimmer
BMW FOREVER
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335is

He deserves LADA. Russian piece of shit car not an M car. Burning money, another show off. Simple idiot.

Thinking of F80
Appreciate 0