F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Prom
proTUNING Freaks

04-25-2014, 01:39 PM   #155
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
I think this is what you meant to post.
You're welcome.
Haha, this shows BMW is 10% more are reliable vs. Audi. You're silly.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 01:51 PM   #156
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Haha, this shows BMW is 10% more are reliable vs. Audi. You're silly.
No, I'm right. There is a difference.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 02:22 PM   #157
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
No, I'm right. There is a difference.
Your points are becoming weaker and weaker. That's OK though. Look: you said BMW was reliable and Audi is not. I'm showing you here there is only a very small difference between the two. It's not black or white mate.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 03:10 PM   #158
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Your points are becoming weaker and weaker. That's OK though. Look: you said BMW was reliable and Audi is not. I'm showing you here there is only a very small difference between the two. It's not black or white mate.
I didn't say that at all. Try again.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 08:13 PM   #159
GarlicBread
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M4 ZCP

This thread went from prom to a complete different direction lol
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 08:15 PM   #160
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

^^

That is exactly why bacon is tasty, and more reliable than both BMW and Audi combined.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 08:16 PM   #161
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Saw on the news today that some 16 y.o. kid asked a girl to the prom. She turned him down so he choked her, pushed her down the stairs and then stabbed her (in the neck I think). She later died at the hospital...that son of a bitch.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 08:17 PM   #162
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 05:10 AM   #163
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
Saw on the news today that some 16 y.o. kid asked a girl to the prom. She turned him down so he choked her, pushed her down the stairs and then stabbed her (in the neck I think). She later died at the hospital...that son of a bitch.
Read that also. Unreal...
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 10:41 AM   #164
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

What just happened here?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 01:10 PM   #165
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom
What just happened here?
Well at least it wasn't op that the story concerned.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #166
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
Well at least it wasn't op that the story concerned.
The story is absolutely tragic regardless of the identity of the victim.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 09:25 PM   #167
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Thank goodness I don't have a daughter. Apparently the relationship between this boy and the girl was platonic. That never makes sense--girls should avoid those types of relationships. Men are never interested in being "just friends."
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 06:22 AM   #168
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
Thank goodness I don't have a daughter. Apparently the relationship between this boy and the girl was platonic. That never makes sense--girls should avoid those types of relationships. Men are never interested in being "just friends."
I have to disagree strongly with this.

Any woman I've slept with, we've been just friends.... for that night
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 05:06 PM   #169
BenchRacerYo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070
Quote:
Are you serious?
      05-04-2014, 01:30 PM   #170
BimmerPod
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, f85 x5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by daixloxbmw View Post

I think it is easier and more believable to just assume that my parents are rich and must have helped pay for my car but that couldn't be further from the truth. Both my parents were working class (mother is a factory seamstress and father is a waiter) and really could not afford to give me expendable cash so that forced me to learn to be self-sufficient. So while buying a BMW at such a young age is probably the dumbest thing you can do financially, I am still quite proud to have done so by myself. At this point, I have realized that there isn't anything else I can say to change your minds since you are convinced that there must be some sort of hidden shortcut that I used.
Selfish little kid driving a BMW while parents are waiter/seamstress? Not sure if this is something I'd brag about
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 08:27 PM   #171
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Corvette Grand Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerPod View Post
Selfish little kid driving a BMW while parents are waiter/seamstress? Not sure if this is something I'd brag about
Yeah I am so selfish that I turned down my parent's money for allowance/college tuition and decided to pay for everything myself since I took my first job at age 14 (except food and shelter). Just because my parents are working class folks, does that mean I cannot buy something nice for myself with money that I earned myself? I guess since I was born into a working class family, I'm not allowed to buy luxury goods for myself.

I have now owned 4 BMWs, about to buy a C7 Corvette and bought a decent house, all by myself. You see, the funny thing about immigrant parents is that they are incredibly proud people and won't accept financial help from their children (both my sister and I have offered). We have offered to have them move into my home rent free or at least help put them in a nicer apartment but they won't have any part of that. They are perfectly content with their old apartment and beat up Toyota Tercel that they worked hard for and have adamantly refused any money from us. That Toyota Tercel that my parents worked so hard for is like a BMW to them, compared to the bicycles they had back in China.

I'll agree (and have specifically said so multiple times before) that buying a BMW at such a young age is not the wisest financial decision but I am still very proud of having done so by myself and I don't believe that I was selfish at all.

LOLz, first I was liar because it was impossible for an 18 year old to buy a BMW without financial aid and now I am selfish because I bought something nice for myself. I wonder what I will be accused of next.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 09:22 AM   #172
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Yeah I am so selfish that I turned down my parent's money for allowance/college tuition and decided to pay for everything myself since I took my first job at age 14 (except food and shelter). Just because my parents are working class folks, does that mean I cannot buy something nice for myself with money that I earned myself? I guess since I was born into a working class family, I'm not allowed to buy luxury goods for myself.

I have now owned 4 BMWs, about to buy a C7 Corvette and bought a decent house, all by myself. You see, the funny thing about immigrant parents is that they are incredibly proud people and won't accept financial help from their children (both my sister and I have offered). We have offered to have them move into my home rent free or at least help put them in a nicer apartment but they won't have any part of that. They are perfectly content with their old apartment and beat up Toyota Tercel that they worked hard for and have adamantly refused any money from us. That Toyota Tercel that my parents worked so hard for is like a BMW to them, compared to the bicycles they had back in China.

I'll agree (and have specifically said so multiple times before) that buying a BMW at such a young age is not the wisest financial decision but I am still very proud of having done so by myself and I don't believe that I was selfish at all.

LOLz, first I was liar because it was impossible for an 18 year old to buy a BMW without financial aid and now I am selfish because I bought something nice for myself. I wonder what I will be accused of next.
No one really cares, and you're falling for the trolls every time.
      05-05-2014, 09:31 AM   #173
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Arn't you the lying selfish anorexic high school chick that's debating about going to prom or not?
      05-05-2014, 10:52 AM   #174
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:

So you've owned a couple of cars and bought a house and you are thinking about buying a Corvette but haven't yet. Are we supposed to be impressed? We're not.
What's more impressive is how easy it is for you get overly defensive and drawn in to these debates. You sound fairly young and immature; when you grow up a little hopefully some of these perceptions you're showing in this thread will change. Maybe learn a little from your parents it sounds like they have it more together than you.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 11:55 AM   #175
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
So you've owned a couple of cars and bought a house and you are thinking about buying a Corvette but haven't yet. Are we supposed to be impressed? We're not.
What's more impressive is how easy it is for you get overly defensive and drawn in to these debates. You sound fairly young and immature; when you grow up a little hopefully some of these perceptions you're showing in this thread will change. Maybe learn a little from your parents it sounds like they have it more together than you.
The math doesn't make any sense, you're not looking at buying a house and a C7 when you're in high school, thinking about a prom. You're really not. It really is interesting, I've always found that in life those who have it, never reveal how they did it, nor do they brag. Those who don't, are constantly on the defensive trying to somehow justify.

Some of us have been here a while, i.e. bought our E9x's new when they were new cars. I remember in 2006 that there were 18 y.o.'s who claimed to have amassed real estate empires--and getting a brand spanking new E90 was simply a reward to themselves. No, their parents didn't have anything to do with it. Seriously, all while in HS. Funny thing is they suddenly were absent circa 2008-2009. None of the math ever made any sense. And then common sense kicked-in, if the real estate empires even existed, they would have crumbled.

Can you imagine, those then 18 y.o.'s are today about 26? Wonder if they stopped fibbing and made something of themselves? Because people forgive you when you're 14-18, you can't possibly know all that much. But as you near 30, you're fully treated as an adult.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 12:55 PM   #176
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
The math doesn't make any sense, you're not looking at buying a house and a C7 when you're in high school, thinking about a prom. You're really not. It really is interesting, I've always found that in life those who have it, never reveal how they did it, nor do they brag. Those who don't, are constantly on the defensive trying to somehow justify.

Some of us have been here a while, i.e. bought our E9x's new when they were new cars. I remember in 2006 that there were 18 y.o.'s who claimed to have amassed real estate empires--and getting a brand spanking new E90 was simply a reward to themselves. No, their parents didn't have anything to do with it. Seriously, all while in HS. Funny thing is they suddenly were absent circa 2008-2009. None of the math ever made any sense. And then common sense kicked-in, if the real estate empires even existed, they would have crumbled.

Can you imagine, those then 18 y.o.'s are today about 26? Wonder if they stopped fibbing and made something of themselves? Because people forgive you when you're 14-18, you can't possibly know all that much. But as you near 30, you're fully treated as an adult.
Hey John -
Lots of truth here. I have to say I agree 100%. I've also found that people who really are alright and have what they need have no desire to explain it to others (no need to prove anything to anyone) nor is there need to seek acceptance from peers by reciting a story that reeks of bragadocious hyperbole. When kids do it it can be amusing when adults do it, it is just sad. If you've been around a while as you and I have, you can see right through it.

Last edited by 954Stealth; 05-05-2014 at 07:41 PM..
Appreciate 0