F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > This is some sick sh*t!!!
ARMA SPEED

08-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #23
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Wingman- View Post
Where's monkey brains?

Apparently in China, they have a rare, and illegal delicacy that involves taking a live monkey (the small kinds), tying them down to a table by their limbs, trimming their skull caps off to expose the brain, then eating the brain while they're alive. Before eating the brain, they pour a special sauce on the monkey's brain and stir it up with an eating utensil which causes the monkey to freak out. This dish supposedly costs a few grand to try out. I want to see a video of this.
There's a ton of stuff some Chinese person will eat that the rest of us mostly wouldn't. They have this thing called "birds nest." I've seen it as a soup. It's very expensive, even by Western standards. I've seen it appear on Chinese menus priced from 500RMB to 2300RMB. (1 USD = 6 RMB) It comes in red and white varieties. Essentially, it's bird spit. It tastes similar to tapioca and isn't hard to eat, it's a beautiful dish when presented to you, but it's weird. Given that it tastes like tapioca, and the whole fertility/aphrodisiac aspect is little more than hocus-pocus to me, I'll stick with tapioca.

Most of the time in China, I only eat pretty conventional ingredients. Occasionally, the presentation is unexpected, but aside from chou-doufu, not once in three years has the taste been bad. In fact, China is one place about which I can say that the food is outstandingly fresh and good tasting at all price points and levels of refinement. That's also so in India to be honest. I guess really that would have to be the case for any culture that's got 2000+ years of experience with feeding people. Times change; taste buds don't.

BTW, let's hope the monkey brains are inside the monkeys' heads.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed

Last edited by tony20009; 08-19-2013 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: added the BTW comment.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #24
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
i've had these before
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiocordyceps_sinensis
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #25
Almandee26
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 545i

Garage List
2004 Bmw 545i  [8.00]
Is this a fucking BMW site or Resturant chain ... What's up people .. Lol... 👅
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 06:42 AM   #26
haajehaa
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 LCI M-Sport

Lutefisk is actually quite nice Rakfisk is also a great dish, its basically rotten trout. Always eaten around christmas times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rakfisk

We got Smalahove, sheephead, in Norway aswell. Havent tried that though....
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #27
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

The nastiest thing I've eating is probably little caesars pizza. That's about as far as I'm willing to go.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #28
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Please take this in the spirit in which it is offered.

When I was in nursery school and kinderegarten, we used to during the nap period play "show" (no "tell" because we were supposed to be asleep). I very distinctly a little girl named Cynthia showing us her "bits" and thinking it was the strangest thing I'd ever seen. I was curious, but it was still strange. Little did I know it would become the most expensive thing that, as a grown man, I would ever eat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 07:23 AM   #29
kumkum
India
Rep
Drives: Audi A4, Mercedes Benz A Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockEsquire View Post
Then again... I’m from the south and some people down here eat things like opossums and raccoons. I could not think of a more disgusting animal to eat than an opossum.
Yeah! You are absolutely right. Today's man can eat everything but how that one sound when a man is eating another man. Sounds weird. I have seen that kind of people too when I was in Kenya. I haven't thought of such an incident to happen in my life. Now also when I thought of that scene it shivers whole my body.
Appreciate 0