F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > European Delivery Redelivery - A Dramatic Voyage
GetBMWParts

06-02-2014, 09:00 PM   #1
JSpira
Freude am Fahren
Austria
Rep
Drives: Fünfer, Dreier, +

European Delivery Redelivery - A Dramatic Voyage

None of my European Delivery redeliveries has been over 38 days and most were in the 30-32 day range.

With my current car I set a new record - breaking the 38-day record by quite a bit.

The voyage of the Asian Emperor had more than its share of drama, so I will just excerpt here (please note: my car was not injured):
Quote:
The trip across the ocean went slowly. En route, the carrier encountered a huge storm in the North Atlantic and turned back to take shelter. At some point, it appears that some of the cargo broke loose, possibly due to the storm, and shifted, resulting in damage to the cargo and to one of the ship’s decks. ... <SNIP>
I put the entire story together here - and don't worry, this is a once in a lifetime kind of thing. On the last page is a virtual tour of the port in Bremerhaven as well as a virtual tour/walk through of the BMW VDC as my 335d (prior car) went through the process.

European Delivery Redelivery: The Voyage of the 535d and the Asian Emperor

Quote:
One of the many benefits of doing European Delivery is that your car is delivered to you not once, but twice. For our long-term BMW 535d, the first delivery was in late December at the BMW Welt in Munich. The second was at BMW’s flagship dealership in New York City, BMW of Manhattan.

First, let’s take a look at what happens to the car once it’s dropped off at one of BMW’s shipping agent’s multiple locations throughout Europe. To quote from an earlier article on European Delivery, drop-off is the “inevitable epilogue of every European Delivery trip…” Drop-off may be the end of the trip but it’s the start of the vehicle’s voyage to the United States for redelivery at a local dealership.... <SNIP>

Jonathan

E90 2006 330xi
E90 2006 325i
E39 2003 530i Sport*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired

Nominated: Most Contributing Member
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Sorry to hear this about your re-ED. It was nice to finally meet you(& Chris) at the Geneva show.

Dackel
Appreciate 0