BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Mporium BMW

03-03-2024, 11:44 AM   #1
sperkins
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 MT

Rogue RTA subframe spherical bearing install

Hi- has anyone installed a set of these yet? Could someone tell me which side the flange faces?

Are the flanged ends facing inboard on the subframe?

Here's how I "think" they should be pressed in.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 09:52 AM   #2
sperkins
Private
Rep

……solved my own issue: received an email from Rogue stating you can install these either way.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 10:24 PM   #3
RalliartRsX
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 2010

Did you end up getting the rear LCA bushings (spring arm) installed? I went to install mine and they were super loose and I could slide then in by hand.

They did mention sometimes you can encounter a loose fit. however, I can shift the bushing up and down .5 to 1.2 mm and that seems like more than just.....:"loose"

And mine didn't come with the 4 spots to tack weld.......which I would prefer to not do
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 09:04 PM   #4
sperkins
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Did you end up getting the rear LCA bushings (spring arm) installed? I went to install mine and they were super loose and I could slide then in by hand.

They did mention sometimes you can encounter a loose fit. however, I can shift the bushing up and down .5 to 1.2 mm and that seems like more than just.....:"loose"

And mine didn't come with the 4 spots to tack weld.......which I would prefer to not do
Yea, so YOU have to mig weld the "dots". And yes they do make it sound like the dots are already welded in, you just may have to file them down. I addressed this with Rogue, and response was very dismissive.
I managed to weld in my own dots, and then pressed them in. After all that, the bushings are actually very nice units. All stainless steel, whereas the SPL units are stainless bearing with an aluminum outer case.

On another issue, i purchased the 553's and they sent me 551's by mistake. It took multiple emails and phone calls before i got another vague response, and then finally an admission they sent the wrong part. Weeks later it got resolved. Rogue's products are aerospace quality, but their customer service absolutely stinks.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2024, 08:30 PM   #5
RalliartRsX
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 2010

I decided against installing as I didn't want to deal with welding on their product (and the dots they speak off does not exist on their product). I fully expect the bushing housing to be sized PROPERLY and not need any fiddling with.....

Also, I don't buy the fact that the BMW QC for the housings vary in sizes to the point that some are press fit and some are not. That is total BS. They should have just straight up said, you gotta Mig/tig weld the dots for them to press fit in. It seems they messed up on the design and they put a bandaid solution on the situation

I have had similar shitty customer service experience. Its been several weeks and I have sent 3 emails with video and all. Received one single response over a week ago. I kind asked if there was a possibility of a refund and radio silence.

When I sized the housings and mic'd the bushings, I realized very quickly it was NOT an interference fit and put the product right back into the packaging. So I am just sitting on new items....

I installed BNIB OEM M3 units (I bought as a backup set) instead as I had a track day to make.

Very frustrated indeed...
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2024, 10:49 PM   #6
sperkins
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
I decided against installing as I didn't want to deal with welding on their product (and the dots they speak off does not exist on their product). I fully expect the bushing housing to be sized PROPERLY and not need any fiddling with.....

Also, I don't buy the fact that the BMW QC for the housings vary in sizes to the point that some are press fit and some are not. That is total BS. They should have just straight up said, you gotta Mig/tig weld the dots for them to press fit in. It seems they messed up on the design and they put a bandaid solution on the situation

I have had similar shitty customer service experience. Its been several weeks and I have sent 3 emails with video and all. Received one single response over a week ago. I kind asked if there was a possibility of a refund and radio silence.

When I sized the housings and mic'd the bushings, I realized very quickly it was NOT an interference fit and put the product right back into the packaging. So I am just sitting on new items....

I installed BNIB OEM M3 units (I bought as a backup set) instead as I had a track day to make.

Very frustrated indeed...
I know its a moot point for you, but for anyone else, the weld dots go on the inside of the sleeve, not the actual bushing. I'm sure you'll get a refund, you just have to keep after it
Appreciate 1
Thumbie95.50