F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > 2023 College Football Thread
GetBMWParts

09-19-2023, 04:43 PM   #45
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDoctor View Post
As a former resident of Fort Collins, having worked in Fort Collins for 33 years and a CSU fan, what I saw from CSU was utterly embarrassing. There is no doubt in my mind some of the players were looking to take out CU players, namely Travis Hunter and Shedeur Sanders. That goes to the coaching. CSU played a dirty game and their tactics cost them the win. Jay Norvell put the tone of the game to his players and from what I have seen it was bush league. I don't think Norvell's leadership is going to be a positive one.
I think both teams and coaches (where the public animosity started) have things to be embarrassed about. It was a late hit that shouldn’t have happened. The Colorado medical and coaching staffs should not allowed Hunter back on the field after it happened, which probably made his injury worse. Teams seemed ready to fight from the start. Shedeur Sanders shouldn’t have been trying to poke someone in the eyes.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sp...er-in-the-eye/

But hey, I’m a Miami fan. What do I know about bad behavior?
      09-19-2023, 07:24 PM   #46
RobotDoctor
Professional Nomad
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i F36 Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
This year, after all my screaming at the TV for at least the past 2 seasons, they are actually TACKLING instead of just hitting and trying to get a headline reel.
That's what the analysts are saying, no me. I am just regurgitating what I have been hearing. That said, USC is one of the elite and maybe since their offense is so good the defense gets less respect than it may deserve. I am hoping CU makes a game out of the next two (Oregon and USC). Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 07:29 PM   #47
RobotDoctor
Professional Nomad
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
no but thats definitely the narrative that people are trying to push. if anything, Sanders was out there poking dudes in the eyes. Thats never been a football move.
Not a narrative possibly. I saw what I saw and so did others even though you may want to downplay Blackburn targeting on that play. I don't condone Shedure poking Kamara's eyes through the face mask. There's no place for that in any sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
you must not watch much football.
I watch plenty of football and understand the game rather well. But thank for the baseless observation because my points don't fit your narrative. I guess we will have to agree to disagree because at the end of the day we are talking about a game. Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 07:31 PM   #48
RobotDoctor
Professional Nomad
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
As a Trojan fan, defense looks better than it has in years(but that isn't saying much to be honest). Still have trouble stopping the run.

I want to see Shedeur against Oregon. If he is still slinging the rock and moving the offense, they have a chance against USC defense. Could end up a Caleb vs Shedeur shootout.
It will most likely be that, Caleb and Shedeur shootout. Grab the popcorn because it will make for action packed TV. Best of luck but we have to get past Oregon next week.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 07:51 PM   #49
RobotDoctor
Professional Nomad
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I think both teams and coaches (where the public animosity started) have things to be embarrassed about. It was a late hit that shouldn’t have happened. The Colorado medical and coaching staffs should not allowed Hunter back on the field after it happened, which probably made his injury worse. Teams seemed ready to fight from the start. Shedeur Sanders shouldn’t have been trying to poke someone in the eyes.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sp...er-in-the-eye/

But hey, I’m a Miami fan. What do I know about bad behavior?
Deion Sanders took offense with Norvell's comment about taking hats and sunglasses off when talking to adults because that is what his momma taught him. So what exactly was he saying here, Sanders' mom raised a son who doesn't know or respect talking to adults? What was the point of this? I can see to motivate his players but inferring something that comes from parental teachings of the opposing coach is surely going to be taken negatively and add fuel to a fire, which is what happened.

CSU came in with a chip on their shoulders because of all the publicity in Colorado, and the nation regarding what Coach Prime has done. The news in Denver is focusing on CU and ignoring CSU. With respects, this is nearly the case every year so what is different this year except the dynamics and those running the program.

While Deion Sanders talks a lot and some love it and some hate it, he generally can back up most of what he says. Is it boasting, pontificating or is it speaking a lot of truth? Hard to say but there are many who cannot handle what Deion is saying, and that includes Jeff Norvell. Norvell stirred up the Hornet's nest with the players at CSU so to add to the in-state rivalry he laced it to ignite. Given the circumstance what did anyone expect? As a fan of both programs and have recently lived in Fort Collins for a long time I put the aggression on Jeff Norvell and his comments. What was the purpose, motivation or jealousy or both? That is what I am thinking because he blamed officials for calling all those penalties against the Rams. Pardon the two targeting flags (Blackburn and Kamara), add unnecessary roughness when Tory Horton pushed Shilo Sanders towards the goal post after the pick 6 or the closeline tackle he made when Brayden Fowler-Nicolosi rushed for an apparent TD in overtime or the several illegal chop blocks that CSU was called for. No, the game from the Rams was undisciplined as if there was another agenda. That said, I hope normalcy returns to both programs and everyone, players and coaches, act with character and integrity.

And no, Miami football players were Choir boys. Maybe not. I am not saying what the players from "The U" did was right or wrong but it was a different time. They definitely had swagger when most programs didn't conduct themselves that way. But if memory serves me, they didn't play dirty football, just aggressive and they could play. Then again I was a Big10 and WAC football fan being from Colorado.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2023, 11:46 AM   #50
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Are you guys seeing the matchups week 4?
OSU-Notre Dame
Ole Miss-Alabama
Oregon-Colorado
FSU-Clemson
Utah-UCLA
PSU-Iowa
Oregon State-Washington State

Several other interesting matchups as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2023, 02:25 PM   #51
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
OSU-Notre Dame
Ole Miss-Alabama
Oregon-Colorado
FSU-Clemson
Utah-UCLA
PSU-Iowa

Glad to see two of OSU, ND, FSU and Clemson will lose.
      09-20-2023, 02:55 PM   #52
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
OSU-Notre Dame
Ole Miss-Alabama
Oregon-Colorado
FSU-Clemson
Utah-UCLA
PSU-Iowa

Now that some of those teams have finished their 3 game preseasons, we can get to real football. Hopefully these giant conference mergers can lead to less cupcake games.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2023, 03:02 PM   #53
X3_Alaska
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Quote:
OSU-Notre Dame
Ole Miss-Alabama
Oregon-Colorado
FSU-Clemson
Utah-UCLA
PSU-Iowa

This weekend's games are gonna be lit, can't wait!
Appreciate 1
mookie45770.00
      09-22-2023, 10:18 AM   #54
mookie45
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW 340i M-Sport

Quote:
Nice win for my Canes today. Had a great time tailgating and then at the game - best time in a long time, even with the heat and humidity.
Went with my dad to that game. It was a great win and enjoyed seeing Jimbo fail haha.
      09-22-2023, 10:20 AM   #55
mookie45
Major
Rep

Big game for my Noles tomorrow! Hoping we got that one “bad” game out of our system and can stay locked in one game at a time!
      09-22-2023, 12:20 PM   #56
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie45 View Post
Big game for my Noles tomorrow! Hoping we got that one “bad” game out of our system and can stay locked in one game at a time!
If FSU was ever going to take down Clemson, it better be this year. When was the last time Clemson was unranked?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2023, 08:10 AM   #57
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
If FSU was ever going to take down Clemson, it better be this year. When was the last time Clemson was unranked?
I had Clemson & Ole Miss both pulling upsets today.
0-2

Last edited by BMWILUVU; 09-23-2023 at 06:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2023, 10:46 PM   #58
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Clemson needs to place an ad in Craigslist for a kicker and another for a RB who can block.

Colorado show seems over.

Al Golden and Notre Dame gave one away.

Bama rebounded. Auburn looks terrible. Oklahoma and LSU look iffy.

Canes 4-0 heading into bye week and then our ACC schedule.
      09-24-2023, 12:22 PM   #59
RobotDoctor
Professional Nomad
Rep

Quote:
Clemson needs to place an ad in Craigslist for a kicker and another for a RB who can block.

Colorado show seems over.

Al Golden and Notre Dame gave one away.

Bama rebounded. Auburn looks terrible. Oklahoma and LSU look iffy.

Canes 4-0 heading into bye week and then our ACC schedule.
I agree that the super hype surrounding the CU program will now wane, especially if they lose to USC next week and that’s a probability. There will still be interest in what happens to Colorado if for the only reason to see how their season plays out. Using the transfer portal to totally reshape a program is new and this seems to be the great experiment. Also, Colorado may have a other win or three on their schedule, ASU, possibly Stanford and Arizona. The latter two would be if all luck goes to CU’s side. If the season only produces 3 wins it’s better than last year and there’s now a heartbeat in the CU football program. I suspect it will only get better when Coach Prime can sign some outstanding OL & DL dawgs.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2023, 02:59 PM   #60
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

No truly dominate looking teams. Transfer portal might have created parody in college football.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2023, 03:05 PM   #61
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDoctor View Post
I agree that the super hype surrounding the CU program will now wane, especially if they lose to USC next week and that’s a probability.
USC is 24 point favorites.

I will point out USC defense is still dogsh*t. Embarrassing giving up 25 points to ASU, starting a third string QB.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2023, 11:01 AM   #62
mookie45
Major
Rep

Not a convincing win for the Noles. Sad to say they look overrated.
One thing I’m hoping for is that UM and FSU both are undefeated going into their matchup.
I’ll be in Tallahassee for that game and want to see a prime time showdown!
      09-25-2023, 12:11 PM   #63
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie45 View Post
One thing I’m hoping for is that UM and FSU both are undefeated going into their matchup.
I agree. If both teams make it into that game in November undefeated, order will be restored in college football.
mookie45770.00
      09-25-2023, 05:08 PM   #64
RobotDoctor
Professional Nomad
Rep

Quote:

I will point out USC defense is still dogsh*t. Embarrassing giving up 25 points to ASU, starting a third string QB.
At the end of the day that’s why teams play the games. I’m hoping for a CU win but I’m also trying to be realistic as well. To build a great program from the depths of ruins will certainly take more than an off-season. This will take several seasons.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2023, 05:51 PM   #65
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Quit with the jinx bs moves

09-25-2023, 07:07 PM   #66
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

CU has to run the gauntlet in the PAC theres gonna be alot of losses coming up.

ACC looks wide open, GL Miami. FSU should have lost to Clemson. RB makes the block, no QB fumble, Clemson wins that one.

Auburn does look terrible but Ole Miss lost it more than Bama won it scoring only 10 points with a supposed high-power O. Bama looks real vulnerable this year but honestly Georgia doesn't look all that great either.

OSU wow just wow. Looking back from later in this year they may point to this game as when the team gel'ed as the springboard to the National Championships.
Appreciate 0