BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

04-22-2014, 02:26 PM   #23
J335Red
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Sparkling Grapphite M3

EAS, let me get something straight here. You somehow had MRF canned from the Yost Autosport race car Yost was building and they signed MRF on for the bushings and some other suspension work as it was displayed on the Yost webpage and Facebook page and now you feel like offering your own set of bushings magically?

As a long time member of Bimmerpost its crazy to see important posts by other members deleted when they are only trying to help out the community here. I have had bad experiences with Macht Schnell products in the past and worried for those who plan on using these parts that aren't tested or proven on their M3.

IND I am shocked that you would even support or try to sell an untested (by EAS) copy cat product.
      04-22-2014, 02:33 PM   #24
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

It's unfortunate that any posts at all are deleted on this forum or any other.

In it's history as a company IND has never, at any point, asked for the forum staff to delete a post, to be clear.

The MS subframe and differential bushings can be purchased separately, for those interested in the subframe bushings only.
      04-22-2014, 04:30 PM   #25
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by J335Red View Post
EAS, let me get something straight here. You somehow had MRF canned from the Yost Autosport race car Yost was building and they signed MRF on for the bushings and some other suspension work as it was displayed on the Yost webpage and Facebook page and now you feel like offering your own set of bushings magically?

As a long time member of Bimmerpost its crazy to see important posts by other members deleted when they are only trying to help out the community here. I have had bad experiences with Macht Schnell products in the past and worried for those who plan on using these parts that aren't tested or proven on their M3.

IND I am shocked that you would even support or try to sell an untested (by EAS) copy cat product.
I'm sure this will be deleted in the next 5min as is typical. Sad.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M

Last edited by slicer; 04-22-2014 at 04:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 04:48 PM   #26
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post
It's unfortunate that any posts at all are deleted on this forum or any other.

In it's history as a company IND has never, at any point, asked for the forum staff to delete a post, to be clear.
I believe this. I have found IND to be a top notch, honest, no BS vendor. I have also found MRF Engineering to be the same. Those types of business people don't need to ask for posts to be deleted, because they have nothing to hide.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M

Last edited by slicer; 04-22-2014 at 05:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 05:30 PM   #27
nicebraces
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E93 M3/'14 Cayenne Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreePertPlus
Agreed! I have nothing but the highest respect for iND!
^ +1 ... All around good honest people and sound business practices, top-notch
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 05:38 PM   #28
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
I believe this. I have found IND to be a top notch, honest, no BS vendor. I have also found MRF Engineering to be the same. Those types of business people don't need to ask for posts to be deleted, because they have nothing to hide.
I honestly think IND didn't have a say on the deleted post. Both Malek response and mine were deleted together. For the sake of advertising $$$s free-speech is killed.

I think at least Malek's post should be reinstated. I don't think mentioning how long it takes to install bushing is a crime or violation of forum rules.
      04-22-2014, 07:23 PM   #29
Trip3's
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterile stork View Post
Damn! Solid on all three points for the differential housing, that is a new market offering. Those pieces look beautiful too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
I honestly think IND didn't have a say on the deleted post. Both Malek response and mine were deleted together. For the sake of advertising $$$s free-speech is killed.

I think at least Malek's post should be reinstated. I don't think mentioning how long it takes to install bushing is a crime or violation of forum rules.
I think you missed his post when he said there is a reason no other manufacturer offers this, referring to the above post.
      04-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #30
sterile stork
coupe la goon
United_States
Rep
Drives: green, black, white

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip3's View Post
I think you missed his post when he said there is a reason no other manufacturer offers this, referring to the above post.
I'm a trouble maker.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 08:16 PM   #31
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

Guys, there is a rule that a vendor may not make a comment on another vendor's products...given the flame wars in the past, I can understand why this is enforced. I also see the case where certain members, under the guise of providing a lot of good information that is useful to some in the community, then use that "capital" to carte blanche bash other vendors or attempt to draw them into "tit for tat" exchanges that offer no tangible benefit. This is also wrong and appropriately prohibited. Its good to see evidence of rules being applied on a consistent basis and in good faith.

Last edited by FogCityM3; 04-22-2014 at 08:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 08:24 PM   #32
Raypan
Banned
Rep
Drives: '13 e92 M3

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 11:20 PM   #33
Petros
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Ok so what are the pros and cons of solid diff mounts?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 05:15 PM   #34
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
Ok so what are the pros and cons of solid diff mounts?
The benefit is that the differential is locked in place, providing better traction and acceleration both out of corners and in a straight line.

Some claim that the increased stress transmitted to the differential cover will prematurely wear the differential cover and cause a crack.

I would say that this conversation can be viewed from two sides-

On the one hand, countless BMW race cars have been using rigidly mounted differentials, with aluminum bushings inside of an aluminum cover, for decades without major issue. Sometimes race cars do have differential cover failures, but whether that can be attributed directly to the rigid bushings has never been empirically tested.

On the other hand, rigid aluminum bushings are a substantial deviation from what BMW had mounting the differential. As you move away from street parts and work to transform your M3 into a car that has race car like performance, you may have race car like side effects. This is where the balance and art in tuning a car comes into play.

While as IND we are introducing the differential bushings to the public, this does not mean that we suggest that every M3 owner get them. As with all of the parts we sell, we will consult very carefully with each client to asses their needs and goals rather than selling any one component as a one size fits all solution.

Similarly, I would never put KW ClubSports on every client's car as the ride may be too harsh for some, despite the ClubSports being a great product.

Any M3 owner who has questions about these bushings, their differential cover, or any other aspect of the E9x M3 can call IND at any time to discuss!
      04-23-2014, 06:04 PM   #35
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendall View Post
+1. Most subframe bushings pretty much the same. I choose MRF because of Maleks honest opinion and experience. He was the ONLY one that told me that subframe bushings would not introduce any extra noise, however the Diff would give some whine. Everyone else (including other vendors) gave bum info on these bushings, too harsh and unbearable noise... Without Maleks posts there would much less knowledge and people doing installations to gain experience from. These posts should not be deleted.
Absolutely. That's why he got my business.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 06:17 PM   #36
Jaymax85
Addicted to Speed.
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3 zcp, macan GTS, f15 x5

I'd love to ride in a said aluminum bushing equipped car before making this jump...maybe I'll stop by iND this summer and inquire more about this product.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 07:37 PM   #37
cambit
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 COUPE

would be nice to see/hear some videos showing what it's like in the cabin, with these mounts installed.
Appreciate 0