BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

04-23-2014, 10:07 AM   #23
INNOVATE_1
EL MERO MERO
Mexico
Rep
Drives: Nissan GTR - BMW E46 M3

Very nice C7! I'm holding out for the C7Z..

I don't get all the hate and shit talking about the vette.. That "base" model vette will mop the floor with any e9x M, most likely the F8x as well.. The tech in that "base" vette is also way beyond anything BMW is putting out.. Looks are totally subjective so either you like it or you don't.

The only thing my M has/had over my C6Z were the seats. Stock seats in any vette prior to the C7 were about as good as a milk crate with a rope strapped across your lap… with 600rwhp on tap in a 3100lb land missile, I often overlooked them..

Carry on old sports…
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 10:14 AM   #24
Jamesomania
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2014 BMW S1000RR  [0.00]
2007 BMW F800s  [0.00]
ha-ha, had a lot of fun reading all of this..

anyways, i like the vette. i would own one if i didnt live in Canada, and only after i got tired of my M3 which doesn't seem to happen.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 10:46 AM   #25
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

^ Same here. If it had a little more trunk space and could drive it all 4 seasons in Canada like the m3, I'd easily move on to the vette.
Past: Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #26
sgrinavi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 911GTS & 2014 X1

Garage List
I have a C6 that I DD'd for a couple years before I got sick of the crappy seats and being "a vette guy". I track it now, hard to beat the bang/buck for that purpose.

In all honesty I'm not so sure I don't get just as much crap for driving a BMW, it's just a different flavor of crap....

Back on topic. That' C7 is a sweet car, but I have to agree that your M3 is better looking.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 08:08 AM   #27
JRV
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 AWE90M3

Everything about this stingray is making me think about dumping my M3, pick one of these up and get myself a beater for DD. It looks stunning in white.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 06:09 PM   #28
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

As far as the Vette goes, I think overall it is an improvement from the C6. Still, after seeing a number of them, the excitement is gone for me to a degree. I still find the M3 to be a far more elegant shape overall. The driving experience may be a different story. I have never driven one but from everything I have heard, the car is damn near perfect, especially at its price point. Then there is the stigma of the Corvette image which people have pointed out. That doesn't really matter to me, but what does matter is that there will simply be too many on the road. I don't want to own a car where there are so many around.
      04-25-2014, 08:47 PM   #29
M3-S65
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3

Back to Stingray..

Parked next to one today..and really studied it in comparison with mine...it was red.

It looks good, I am not trying to dog it just because I am a M3 fan boy, I love Vettes and used to own one....however, the more I looked at it the more it looked like supermans car. Comic book for sure...plus the cabin looked way small and uncomfortable.
I would own a black one...but I am going to keep my M3 for awhile, it really is the total package...

Last edited by M3-S65; 04-25-2014 at 10:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 11:31 PM   #30
fbm3cab
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-S65 View Post
Back to Stingray..

Parked next to one today..and really studied it in comparison with mine...it was red.

It looks good, I am not trying to dog it just because I am a M3 fan boy, I love Vettes and used to own one....however, the more I looked at it the more it looked like supermans car. Comic book for sure...plus the cabin looked way small and uncomfortable.
I would own a black one...but I am going to keep my M3 for awhile, it really is the total package...
Thanks for attempting to get things back on track.

Your post reminds me of ten years ago when my kids friends mother called my black e46 m3 the bat mobile! She drove a mini van though, so what does she know.

My m3 is comic book enough for me and maybe I'm delusional but I think its way more classy and practical then a vette.

Last edited by fbm3cab; 04-25-2014 at 11:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 01:57 AM   #31
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbm3cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Wow this thread took an interesting turn. I don't have a diploma to post. I was kicked out of seminary before I graduated.
Hey! That's great. You got further then me.
You said the M3 is classier and more practical which I agree with but which is more fun to drive? How does the brand new vette compare to your previous gen M?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 07:43 AM   #32
fbm3cab
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
You said the M3 is classier and more practical which I agree with but which is more fun to drive? How does the brand new vette compare to your previous gen M?

It was more fun to drive then my M3 and I didn't even get a chance to wring it out.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 08:05 AM   #33
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Back to Stingray..

Although the cabin is not spacious it is more like a cockpit feel... it is actually VERY comfortable. The cabin is one of my favourite parts of the car.

Looks are so subjective... the C7 is WAY more aggressive and supercar'ish in its looks and the M3 blends in much more. I love the look of the C7 (obviously) but I do find it stands out more than I thought and gets a little too much attention. At first it was flattering but now it's annoying that I can't get gas without a crowd, people always want to race, and people tailgate you to take photos
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 11:02 AM   #34
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbm3cab
Quote:

It was more fun to drive then my M3 and I didn't even get a chance to wring it out.
Uh oh. That's not what I want to hear!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 11:20 AM   #35
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Although the cabin is not spacious it is more like a cockpit feel... it is actually VERY comfortable. The cabin is one of my favourite parts of the car.

Looks are so subjective... the C7 is WAY more aggressive and supercar'ish in its looks and the M3 blends in much more. I love the look of the C7 (obviously) but I do find it stands out more than I thought and gets a little too much attention. At first it was flattering but now it's annoying that I can't get gas without a crowd, people always want to race, and people tailgate you to take photos
its a hot car ATM. but in time, corvettes become very common cars.

i already see more C7s on the road than any M car. when i say any, i mean any M car ever made. although yes they blend in more.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 03:35 PM   #36
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

I only saw 1 E9x M3 so far this year, and I saw more than 3 C7s so far YTD.
Heck, I even see more GTR on the road than M3.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 04:10 PM   #37
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
I only saw 1 E9x M3 so far this year, and I saw more than 3 C7s so far YTD.
Heck, I even see more GTR on the road than M3.
Which is opposite of my experience. I was out driving today and saw 3 M3s... 2 sedans and a coupe. There is only 1 C7 here (mine) at the moment.

The C7 in Canada will be more limited than in the US where they will be everywhere in time. There are only 300 +/- in all of Canada for 2014.

Regardless, in the US there will be a lot given GM has already sold more than 20,000 of them. I'm less concerned with exclusivity and more concerned with fun... both the M3 and C7 are high on the fun factor
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 05:05 PM   #38
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Which is opposite of my experience. I was out driving today and saw 3 M3s... 2 sedans and a coupe. There is only 1 C7 here (mine) at the moment.

The C7 in Canada will be more limited than in the US where they will be everywhere in time. There are only 300 +/- in all of Canada for 2014.

Regardless, in the US there will be a lot given GM has already sold more than 20,000 of them. I'm less concerned with exclusivity and more concerned with fun... both the M3 and C7 are high on the fun factor
lol here in the US you cant go a mile without running into a American classic.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 12:31 AM   #39
GVIFlyer
Large Member
Rep
Drives: '19 Porsche C2S Cab_M3 DCT ZCP

Apparently, my former girl friend isn't the only one that thinks that the Corvette is an automotive blue pill for pudgy, mid-life crisis members of the bourgeoisie.

"There's no doubt that the new Corvette's a fine car. I just wish GM would require new owners to have no paunch and be current members of the Hair Club for Men. It's a little ironic when these guys step out of their sleek, fast, and sexy testosterone machines to reveal human examples of the exact opposite of any adjective used to describe their cars. Such a pity. They remind me of the aging rock stars still singing about sex, drugs and rock and roll. Never mind they've been to rehab, have been sober for years, and lately need the help of that little blue pill."

Automobile Magazine 2014 ~
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #40
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

Quote:
Honestly bro, your black M3 looks better than the Vette.
+1. I was going to post that exactly. I'm glad others can see it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbm3cab View Post
it made my frozen black e93 m3 look like a boring car parked next to it.
No man, it's the contrary. When i saw that pic i first was drawn by your car for like 4 secs then 0.8 sec on that vette and back to yours 15 secs.

2nd pic of the vette back looks gross. When a car looks like a scaled up version of a bug I think it should be destroyed by fire.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 05:26 PM   #41
muccels
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e93,C5,Tahoe,Gsxr750

One of the reasons I heard for the more aggressive look was to attract the younger generation to the car. Yes there is the stereotype of an old guy retired driving vette's. Again stereotype is just that. It kind of reminded me when I used to have a two tone date adjust rolex. I walked in a jewelry store and was looking at Panerai's as my friend had one which made me interested. The salesman showed me a Panerai and commented on how nice my Rolex was but for a young guy I should be wearing something more modern and hip for the day and age. Well I ended up buying a Panerai shortly after that and glad I did. There was nothing wrong with the rolex but the Panerai was just more hip and bigger in size. Definitely fit my style to this day. The Rolex was a proven and great watch so nothing wrong with it. Just like the M3 is a great car but lets face it times are moving on and so with new times comes new designs. Just a few years back Rolex started to make a bigger size watch and they realized many younger guys were going towards this style. Hence keeping up with the times.
I just had a C5 convertible I sold and have to say it was a workhorse! I bought it with 30k on it and put 100k on it. All that with no major issues and it was my DD for commuting. Now when I compared my 2008 M3 convertible to the vette overall it was no match. The vette did have more torque to it but the overall drive and interior or the M3 won with hands down. I still love my M3 and its my garage queen but I'm looking into getting a C7

So myself I was looking to pickup a C6 to hold me over till I would get a C7 in the near future. Well looking at threads and cost (hopefully next year get a discount thru the supplier program) I will try to get one next year. By no means does the current M3 hold up to styling of the new corvette. Were talking about a 2 door coupe/convertible that has no aggressive lines to it at all compared to a pure sports car. Yes the corvette has turned to aggressive look but that's change. The sales have been off the chain for them! People talk about seeing cars out and about. I see BMW's all day long as much as I see Honda's. Now M's not as much so are they out there a lot less. Lets face it to most people it doesn't turn heads at all. Unless they know "M's" then its just a regular BMW to them. If you don't keep up with the times then you get left behind.
Would I not buy a Lambo cuz it looked to comicbookish?? Or a GTR cuz of the huge wing on the back?? If I could afford it I would! They look maybe too aggressive for some and I understand not wanting the undue attention. Like anything it will fade with time as they become more common. The look to me though is "you want some of this" come get it! What makes us great as individuals we all have different taste which means variety!! If we all liked just the same stuff it would all be boring.
Every car has its stereotypes is just that though if you choose to see it that way. If you don't want to be stereotyped then don't stereotype others. There are douche bags ever where for every type of car.
I think its great to have varying opinions but the whole kid playground stuff on who's bigger and smarter pissing contest is pretty juvenile at best. It is what it is though.. Carry on.. lol
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 02:56 AM   #42
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by muccels View Post
One of the reasons I heard for the more aggressive look was to attract the younger generation to the car. Yes there is the stereotype of an old guy retired driving vette's. Again stereotype is just that. It kind of reminded me when I used to have a two tone date adjust rolex. I walked in a jewelry store and was looking at Panerai's as my friend had one which made me interested. The salesman showed me a Panerai and commented on how nice my Rolex was but for a young guy I should be wearing something more modern and hip for the day and age. Well I ended up buying a Panerai shortly after that and glad I did. There was nothing wrong with the rolex but the Panerai was just more hip and bigger in size. Definitely fit my style to this day. The Rolex was a proven and great watch so nothing wrong with it. Just like the M3 is a great car but lets face it times are moving on and so with new times comes new designs. Just a few years back Rolex started to make a bigger size watch and they realized many younger guys were going towards this style. Hence keeping up with the times.
I just had a C5 convertible I sold and have to say it was a workhorse! I bought it with 30k on it and put 100k on it. All that with no major issues and it was my DD for commuting. Now when I compared my 2008 M3 convertible to the vette overall it was no match. The vette did have more torque to it but the overall drive and interior or the M3 won with hands down. I still love my M3 and its my garage queen but I'm looking into getting a C7

So myself I was looking to pickup a C6 to hold me over till I would get a C7 in the near future. Well looking at threads and cost (hopefully next year get a discount thru the supplier program) I will try to get one next year. By no means does the current M3 hold up to styling of the new corvette. Were talking about a 2 door coupe/convertible that has no aggressive lines to it at all compared to a pure sports car. Yes the corvette has turned to aggressive look but that's change. The sales have been off the chain for them! People talk about seeing cars out and about. I see BMW's all day long as much as I see Honda's. Now M's not as much so are they out there a lot less. Lets face it to most people it doesn't turn heads at all. Unless they know "M's" then its just a regular BMW to them. If you don't keep up with the times then you get left behind.
Would I not buy a Lambo cuz it looked to comicbookish?? Or a GTR cuz of the huge wing on the back?? If I could afford it I would! They look maybe too aggressive for some and I understand not wanting the undue attention. Like anything it will fade with time as they become more common. The look to me though is "you want some of this" come get it! What makes us great as individuals we all have different taste which means variety!! If we all liked just the same stuff it would all be boring.
Every car has its stereotypes is just that though if you choose to see it that way. If you don't want to be stereotyped then don't stereotype others. There are douche bags ever where for every type of car.
I think its great to have varying opinions but the whole kid playground stuff on who's bigger and smarter pissing contest is pretty juvenile at best. It is what it is though.. Carry on.. lol
Its funny i was just talking to my friend about the new vette look. Being we are both in our early 20s.

We found the c7 looks to exotic. the car is more pretty now. We both agreed the old C6 was more badass looking. It had a more square, manly look to it. although i am pretty sure we would still buy one because most cars overall are getting less appealing as time goes on. corvette with its aggressive look and V8s are really appealing.

again being in my early 20s i never found vette to be old man cars. In all honestly i feel corvettes are more for the youth than the old. My dad who is 55, i could never see him in a corvette. a CTS-V sure.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 08:53 AM   #43
redpriest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/Porsche 992 GT3RS

Garage List
I wouldn't mind owning the new corvette; I actually considered waiting to buy one last year over my convertible (which I was told by a coworker in his early twenties was truly an old man's car)

Maybe in a couple years I will own one.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 09:27 AM   #44
highmodulus
Two more till my intervention
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E92 White/Black 6mt

drove one of the new 7 speed manual c7 Vettes (red/black LT3), it was very impressive. Had the active exhaust, which sounded great.

Was very impressed with the clutch. Unlike the new F80, no need for fake froom froom noises from the stereo.

Different cars than the E92 M3, but better in every way than a Z4 35i IMHO.
Appreciate 0