F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > G01 (2024) X3 M-Sport Calipers and Winter Wheels
GetBMWParts

11-05-2023, 10:04 AM   #1
hasten
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340ix

G01 (2024) X3 M-Sport Calipers and Winter Wheels

Hi All,

Can anyone provide additional considerations when getting winter wheels with the m-sport calipers? I am planning on putting 19x9 wheels on front and back with standard all season tires and believe that should be fine, but want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything that could cause problems.

If it matters, it has 20" with performance run flats on it that are 9.5 back and 8.5 front.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2023, 08:54 PM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

From my experience, the smallest rims available for the model won't fit. The medium rims need detailed consideration: both offset ("ET") and even the particular shape of the rim matter. The large rims suggested by the car manufacturer all fit, obviously.

To make sure the rims will fit consider the OEM ones suggested for the top M-Performance model of your car which should feature M-Sport brakes as standard(?). Of fresh (you want G01, 2024) BMW wheel catalogs for my car shop.bmw.co.uk seems accurate.
bmw-etk.info seems accurate too, BUT these morons seem to omit "not" in their "For vehicles with" remark, that's if they mention M-Sport brakes the rim won't fit!

Also, if you plan to use snow chains/bracelets, you need the larger rims, as minimal space between the rim and the caliper allow no interference (I had to buy advanced snow chains that need no spacing). Yet, large rims may provide not enough "outside space" in the wheel arch. See the user manual for that.
Appreciate 0