BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

08-26-2014, 04:42 PM   #23
meez
Sloppy Seconds Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: uhhh wut

Also, I am not affiliated with EAS in any way.

I hope the OP resolves this issue as he purchased an expensive product. Unfortunately, we don't know for sure how that blemish was born.

It was already installed, and then you noticed the scratches. This is a common practice to not accept returns once it is installed. Did you notice the scratches prior to install? This would have been an opportune time to let EAS know.
I sell blades that are installed on machines. If a blade breaks, we inspect the reason why and inform the customer how to prevent it from happening again. It is solely up to the blade operator to ensure it is installed correctly onto the machine. I do not replace blades once they have been installed (if they break), this is simply because I am not going to replace something due to the user mishandling my product. It is a simple business concept.

It doesn't matter how reputable your east coast installer is, everyone makes mistakes. I am not saying they did, I am just saying you can't hold them 100% unaccountable because of their reputability. I have had problems with some of the best companies that have extremely high reputations, nobody is perfect, and you shouldn't expect them to be.

Looking at the photos it does seem like it would be hard for an installer to cause blemishes on the inside of the screen, so I do see how you would blame manufacturing. I, however, would not rule out end-user mishandling.

Last edited by meez; 08-26-2014 at 04:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 06:15 PM   #24
REDBULL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 SG M3/Fox Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANMACHINE View Post
How exactly have you completely ruled out that something may have went wrong during install? Regardless of "where" the damage is, you state it might be a scratch or even just dust, is it not possible that this could have happened during the install. And I still don't understand why you wouldn't inspect the unit prior to install, including removing the plastic cover.

Not to mention that this "damage" looks so miniscule, it's funny that such a big fuss has been made over it.
the thin plastic screen cover (similar to the plastic covering you get on a new phone/tablet/laptop) are never the first thing someone removes.. you try to leave that on as long as possible to further protect the screen until it is time for use. this is what we did. we inspected this replacement unit (for my previously defective awron gauge) and installed just as we did the first time, removing the plastic covering AFTER installation, to PREVENT any damage to the screen while installing. It is not possible such damage could happen during installation. if it was on the screen itself of course its possible and I would understand. this is clearly a manufacturing defect.

You also are forgetting the part where Brian claimed they inspect it before shipping, including the screen itself and reapplying the OEM plastic perfectly somehow. clearly thats BS..

Quote:
Originally Posted by meez View Post
Also, I am not affiliated with EAS in any way.

I hope the OP resolves this issue as he purchased an expensive product. Unfortunately, we don't know for sure how that blemish was born.

It was already installed, and then you noticed the scratches. This is a common practice to not accept returns once it is installed. Did you notice the scratches prior to install? This would have been an opportune time to let EAS know.
I sell blades that are installed on machines. If a blade breaks, we inspect the reason why and inform the customer how to prevent it from happening again. It is solely up to the blade operator to ensure it is installed correctly onto the machine. I do not replace blades once they have been installed (if they break), this is simply because I am not going to replace something due to the user mishandling my product. It is a simple business concept.

It doesn't matter how reputable your east coast installer is, everyone makes mistakes. I am not saying they did, I am just saying you can't hold them 100% unaccountable because of their reputability. I have had problems with some of the best companies that have extremely high reputations, nobody is perfect, and you shouldn't expect them to be.

Looking at the photos it does seem like it would be hard for an installer to cause blemishes on the inside of the screen, so I do see how you would blame manufacturing. I, however, would not rule out end-user mishandling.
See above and original post. As previously stated and documented, it is clear it arrived damaged. There is no way such damage could be done by a user.

12 E92 M3 SG/Fox Red - ESS VT2-650 | Mode Carbon | KW Clubsports | IPE | Challenge Race X pipe
10 E92 M3 MR/Black - rod bearing failure
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 06:20 PM   #25
M3ANMACHINE
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 + 2014 F15 X5

Have you tried to contact the manufacturer...?

I don't know any vendor who would accept a return on a part which has already been installed.
2011 SG E90 M3 | 2008 AW E90 M3 | 2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 06:21 PM   #26
REDBULL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I don't see any other complaints about EAS, only positive reviews. Overall they are a very reputable company and stand by their products. This event seems to be an isolated one. But you are welcome to draw your own conclusions, because hey, this is just a forum where people believe everything.
of course you don't see any other complaints here, they are a sponsor here.

As I said, I have been purchasing from them for a long time. Search around the complaints are usually when an issue arrises and you have people like Brian take over and ruin the experience. Then for some weird reason Tom and the rest of them go quiet and support their co-worker and keep the experience going south.

In the end, this is just advice for people who want it. Why buy from a company that won't help you when an issue arrises, when you can choose a vendor that puts its customer first?

12 E92 M3 SG/Fox Red - ESS VT2-650 | Mode Carbon | KW Clubsports | IPE | Challenge Race X pipe
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 06:45 PM   #27
REDBULL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Have you tried to contact the manufacturer...?

I don't know any vendor who would accept a return on a part which has already been installed.
if its defective many reputable vendors will swap the unit out. no one is asking for a return. Let's not kid ourselves.

also, EAS themselves knew the first unit was faulty and it was on my car for almost a month (if not more) and swapped it. it has nothing to do with being installed. (first unit would not accept software updates and they sent me a unit with an old harness or something like that)

The manufacturer has a german number and is based in germany. EAS and IND are their authorized shops here in the US. I don't think IND was selling them at the time of my purchase, and I had no reason to avoid EAS. but had I known EAS has people like Brian and they are okay with offering poor quality service i would have purchased elsewhere.

i think every single person on this forum knows IND's amazing service, and no doubt they would have done the right thing if this same situation happened with them.

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 06:51 PM   #28
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

Quote:
I have never had any problem with MS 'stuff' being 'crappy' or 'sketchy.'
I think your choice of words proves to this forum how knowledgeable you are about what you are talking about.
Well I'm glad you never had a problem with MS stuff. I guess your satisfaction offsets the MS Floor mounts I got that needed to be re-tapped because the anodizing was too thick to allow a bolt to be threaded through. Never mind these are safety items. Perhaps my insufficient mastery of diction and opting for internet vernacular is the reason why MS decided I didn't need instructions shipped with the EDC and OC3 modules I also bought. If I had said "sub-par" would that have made the poorly fitting intake system fit better? Maybe the secret to making all their stuff work without a hitch is to woo the items with an eloquently written poem before reaching for the tool chest?

I think you using someone's word choice as a platform for disagreement, "proves to this forum how knowledgeable you are about what you are talking about. "

I bought my Springs from EAS and had a good experience. Bought the MS stuff for round two. It was a pain. It was like someone was asleep (or reading a Thesaurus!) while the items were supposed to be QC'd or checked before leaving their facility. The MS "stuff" turned me off (or should I say dissuaded? Is that better? Does it make my experience any more valid?) from ever getting anything from them. Their site is cool, as are some of their projects. But I hand the money to someone else.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 04:05 PM   #29
meez
Sloppy Seconds Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: uhhh wut

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDBULL View Post
i think every single person on this forum knows IND's amazing service, and no doubt they would have done the right thing if this same situation happened with them.
You don't know that. I can personally attest that no one, not even IND, is perfect.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 12:10 AM   #30
REDBULL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You don't know that. I can personally attest that no one, not even IND, is perfect.
aha.. no one is talking about perfection. Just basic customer service..

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 08:59 PM   #31
M3ANMACHINE
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 + 2014 F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrakBch View Post
Sucks they would be willing to end good customer relationship over a seemingly small amount compared to what you have spent in the past, and what you'll likely buy in the future.

I just look at their site, and order most of my stuff from GTM. I don't know what ties Mach Schnell has to EAS, but MS stuff is crappy or sketchy so I've kind of been turned off from EAS because of it.
Quote:
I know right!

macht schnell stuff is made by them i believe. i have the spacers and they aren't bad. some vibration at higher speeds but the m3 is sensitive. nothing dramatic or to complain about (my 2nd set of MS spacers from them btw, bought 4 for my last m3, and 4 for this one).
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrakBch View Post
Well I'm glad you never had a problem with MS stuff. I guess your satisfaction offsets the MS Floor mounts I got that needed to be re-tapped because the anodizing was too thick to allow a bolt to be threaded through. Never mind these are safety items. Perhaps my insufficient mastery of diction and opting for internet vernacular is the reason why MS decided I didn't need instructions shipped with the EDC and OC3 modules I also bought. If I had said "sub-par" would that have made the poorly fitting intake system fit better? Maybe the secret to making all their stuff work without a hitch is to woo the items with an eloquently written poem before reaching for the tool chest?

I think you using someone's word choice as a platform for disagreement, "proves to this forum how knowledgeable you are about what you are talking about. "

I bought my Springs from EAS and had a good experience. Bought the MS stuff for round two. It was a pain. It was like someone was asleep (or reading a Thesaurus!) while the items were supposed to be QC'd or checked before leaving their facility. The MS "stuff" turned me off (or should I say dissuaded? Is that better? Does it make my experience any more valid?) from ever getting anything from them. Their site is cool, as are some of their projects. But I hand the money to someone else.
I'm not sure what Macht Schnell has to do with EAS. They are not the same company, and they certainly to not do any sort of "manufacturing" at EAS. It's a much smaller shop that this thread is making it out to be.

Quote:
I have been buying from EAS since my 2010 M3. Tom has always been great, even with my initial Awron issue. It was after the first replacement was sent out (Awron gauge would not update) that Brian took over. Didn't think much of it, but when I brought the issue up to him, he took it upon himself on the phone to blame me for the issue, claiming it was inspected before delivery, and there is nothing he could do. Tom backed this, which is why they are both at fault.

What if they didn't see this damage because like stated in first post, it was under the plastic. What if it was damaged in shipping? How you can rush to accuse a loyal customer that spent thousands of dollars for doing the damage, then EAS as a whole go completely silent on the issue is beyond shocking for me.

Does a company like that really deserve your business? I'd rather go elsewhere, and would caution others on using EAS especially when there are better options out there. Clearly if something is going wrong they do not know how to react. It will catch up with them, and they have lost my $$.
Just playing devil's advocate here, and no one in this thread truly knows what actually happened, or how the conversations transpired between you and EAS, but maybe they've stopped responding to you or trying to help you because you're very difficult to deal with? Just a thought.
2011 SG E90 M3 | 2008 AW E90 M3 | 2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 11:04 PM   #32
Devant
Banned
Rep
Drives: '11 M3

Quote:
I'm not sure what Macht Schnell has to do with EAS. They are not the same company, and they certainly to not do any sort of "manufacturing" at EAS. It's a much smaller shop that this thread is making it out to be.
I am skeptical about this. I don’t know if they are the same company, but EAS and MS have some kind of affiliation, what degree I cannot say.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 12:50 AM   #33
Nola 32/65
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 ZCP M3 6MT

I own and run an online auto based retail store myself and I understand both sides here.

My biggest thing for the products I sell is once installed, any cosmetic issues are on the customer. As a vendor, I can't give you items for free without knowing the manufacture will replace it under my warranty . Something as in an electrical or fitment issue is different, case in point your first gauge. On the invoice I send to my customers I have on their to inspect all items before installing them and as simple as that is, that takes the liabilty off of me in situations like this. Maybe EAS should do this also. The fact is, they have no way of knowing 100% that the gauge was damaged when they shipped it. Now, if this was my company, I'd take in the fact that you are a returning customer that has spent thousands (your words) in account and probably send you a new one.

Now from the customers POV, it's totally different. You paid full price for a brand new product and you want it to work and look like its new which is fully understandable, I would too. I personally inspect all parts when I get them in for this very reason but not everyone is like me.

Hope this gets worked out for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 01:05 AM   #34
REDBULL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Just playing devil's advocate here, and no one in this thread truly knows what actually happened, or how the conversations transpired between you and EAS, but maybe they've stopped responding to you or trying to help you because you're very difficult to deal with? Just a thought.
Cool let's play.

What actually happened:
-I talk with Tom, who is helpful, about parts for my supercharger build
-Parts are ordered from Tom, one of which is the Awron Gauge
-after install and a few days of driving, I notice boost reading on Awron was kind of off (reading 1 PSI at idle). shop that did build contacts EAS, they recommend doing software update
-Tom sends me software for update, software does not recognize Awron
-I notify Tom, and he works with me to schedule time to connect over phone and remote access my PC to help figure out why it won't recognize awron and update, he determines its defective and new unit must be sent out. He mentions the harness has changed as well, so that needs to be redone as well, and sends a new harness.
-I have no issues with this solution even though this requires some work. Shop swaps the units out once new unit is received.
-New unit discovered to have manufacturing defect. I am not worried because I figured when I contacted EAS there would be no problem, and they would support me as they have been doing with this new product.
-For some reason Brian calls me (haven't worked with him throughout this process) and pretty much says the unit was shipped perfect and that I damaged the unit. He did not try to gather more info or anything, straight to accusing me. Unhappy with how Brian was handling the situation and speaking to me on the phone, I request to deal with Tom, who has been helpful up to this point.
-Brian says he'll go talk to Tom and get back to me
-Brian sends email basically repeating what he said on phone saying it was not shipped damaged, and offers 0 solutions, CCing Tom.
-Tom knows of issue and poor service from Brian and does nothing, therefore ruining my whole image of EAS.

Who was being difficult in that scenario? IF I was being difficult somehow, customer service still needs to be provided. Seems like your not familiar with customer service..
If a solution was presented and I made unreasonable demands, that would be a different story, and thats a scenario where customers may be ignored.

This further verifies how poor service was provided by Brian and European Auto Source, and why people should avoid them. All is well until an issue comes up. At the end of the day that is what separates the best companies from the rest.

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 01:09 AM   #35
REDBULL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola 32/65 View Post
I own and run an online auto based retail store myself and I understand both sides here.

My biggest thing for the products I sell is once installed, any cosmetic issues are on the customer. As a vendor, I can't give you items for free without knowing the manufacture will replace it under my warranty . Something as in an electrical or fitment issue is different, case in point your first gauge. On the invoice I send to my customers I have on their to inspect all items before installing them and as simple as that is, that takes the liabilty off of me in situations like this. Maybe EAS should do this also. The fact is, they have no way of knowing 100% that the gauge was damaged when they shipped it. Now, if this was my company, I'd take in the fact that you are a returning customer that has spent thousands (your words) in account and probably send you a new one.

Now from the customers POV, it's totally different. You paid full price for a brand new product and you want it to work and look like its new which is fully understandable, I would too. I personally inspect all parts when I get them in for this very reason but not everyone is like me.

Hope this gets worked out for you.
I get your point, and its valid. But this damage could not be caused by anyone. It is clearly a manufacturing defect. if it was anything external or possible to be caused by a user, there would be some merit to them declining. Like you said, at that point it would be up to them if they want to delight their returning customer or not. This is just not the case here. It is damage that could not be caused even if someone tried.

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 01:17 AM   #36
tinman831
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Is it even possible for you to get access to the edges of the LCD where the scratches are located? It looks like the glass covers the LCD and then some. Not sure how you'd be able to damage that area at all.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 01:23 AM   #37
REDBULL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman831 View Post
Is it even possible for you to get access to the edges of the LCD where the scratches are located? It looks like the glass covers the LCD and then some. Not sure how you'd be able to damage that area at all.
Nope not possible! There is no way for someone to damage that area. clear manufacturing defect.

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 01:30 AM   #38
tinman831
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Maybe talk to your credit card company?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 09:55 AM   #39
REDBULL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman831 View Post
Maybe talk to your credit card company?
The shop ordered from EAS and I paid the shop for the full build. Otherwise I would have definitely disputed it and bought a new gauge elsewhere.

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 10:31 AM   #40
okusa
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 - SSII

Quote:
Nope not possible! There is no way for someone to damage that area. clear manufacturing defect.
So what you are saying then is that though you may not be satisfied with the response you received from EAS, you acknowledge it is not their fault. Therefore, you are attacking the wrong company and should be speaking with Awron direct.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 12:21 PM   #41
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
Ive never had a issue with Brian or Tom.
Ditto.

Quote:
Cool let's play.

What actually happened:
-I talk with Tom, who is helpful, about parts for my supercharger build
-Parts are ordered from Tom, one of which is the Awron Gauge
-after install and a few days of driving, I notice boost reading on Awron was kind of off (reading 1 PSI at idle). shop that did build contacts EAS, they recommend doing software update
-Tom sends me software for update, software does not recognize Awron
-I notify Tom, and he works with me to schedule time to connect over phone and remote access my PC to help figure out why it won't recognize awron and update, he determines its defective and new unit must be sent out. He mentions the harness has changed as well, so that needs to be redone as well, and sends a new harness.
-I have no issues with this solution even though this requires some work. Shop swaps the units out once new unit is received.
-New unit discovered to have manufacturing defect. I am not worried because I figured when I contacted EAS there would be no problem, and they would support me as they have been doing with this new product.
-For some reason Brian calls me (haven't worked with him throughout this process) and pretty much says the unit was shipped perfect and that I damaged the unit. He did not try to gather more info or anything, straight to accusing me. Unhappy with how Brian was handling the situation and speaking to me on the phone, I request to deal with Tom, who has been helpful up to this point.
-Brian says he'll go talk to Tom and get back to me
-Brian sends email basically repeating what he said on phone saying it was not shipped damaged, and offers 0 solutions, CCing Tom.
-Tom knows of issue and poor service from Brian and does nothing, therefore ruining my whole image of EAS.

Who was being difficult in that scenario? IF I was being difficult somehow, customer service still needs to be provided. Seems like your not familiar with customer service..
If a solution was presented and I made unreasonable demands, that would be a different story, and thats a scenario where customers may be ignored.

This further verifies how poor service was provided by Brian and European Auto Source, and why people should avoid them. All is well until an issue comes up. At the end of the day that is what separates the best companies from the rest.
You forgot about the part where you had the shop install it, and then brought up the complaint to EAS. They have no way of knowing how or when the damage occurred and tbh it doesn't even matter. Once you install, that's on you. I always inspect anything I get through the mail prior to doing anything with it. Had you discovered it, and then took the proper steps to ameliorate the situation, I bet you would have received another. I also think at this point you should be dealing with the manufacturer, not the dealer. Just my $.02.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okusa View Post
So what you are saying then is that though you may not be satisfied with the response you received from EAS, you acknowledge it is not their fault. Therefore, you are attacking the wrong company and should be speaking with Awron direct.
Truth.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 12:41 PM   #42
REDBULL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by okusa
Quote:
If you spent time and read facts in this thread you might actually understand the poor service provided as the thread discusses.

As previously mentioned, Awron is not based here. EAS was the only authorized dealer at the time. Just as the first unit had a manufacturing issue and was swapped the same should happen here. All was going smooth until Brian took over and accused the customer of damaging the unit. Details above, but seems you just want to be quick to make a smart remark.

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 12:57 PM   #43
okusa
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 - SSII

Quote:
If you spent time and read facts in this thread you might actually understand the poor service provided as the thread discusses.

As previously mentioned, Awron is not based here. EAS was the only authorized dealer at the time. Just as the first unit had a manufacturing issue and was swapped the same should happen here. All was going smooth until Brian took over and accused the customer of damaging the unit. Details above, but seems you just want to be quick to make a smart remark.
I read the thread. You did not receive poor service. You need to drop this thread because with each response you just sound more and more like a whiny little b!t*h.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 01:09 PM   #44
REDBULL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by okusa
Quote:

I read the thread. You did not receive poor service. You need to drop this thread because with each response you just sound more and more like a whiny little b!t*h.
Many people have benefited from this experience. Sorry your taking it personally. Your experience may have varied, I'm sharing my experience after buying a lot from EAS over the years.

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread