F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > I honestly hate cops
ARMA SPEED

09-03-2014, 07:58 AM   #89
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

els, instead of just dismissing the comments in this thread I hope you've learned something here. We've said what we have and -if you'll notice - most if not all are saying the same thing. We've said it because we've been there and lived it and learned it ourselves already. Brash, funny, smartass, caustic or whatever you want to call some comments, there is still a good lesson that can be pulled from these.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 09:09 AM   #90
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 05:24 PM   #91
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by els_86 View Post
Semi finals lol, so not bad. I am 28 by the way. Ok its over, I acted immature, cop was an asshole, etc etc etc. Close thread.
Nice job in the tournament.

Torn labrum in my serving shoulder. No more tourneys for me.

Take one thing from this thread: Cops came from the "civilian" ranks. They have bad days, they have good days, some are power hungry, some are humble, some are crooked and some are model human beings.... just like everyone else.
      09-05-2014, 10:42 AM   #92
P-Bass
The Ox
Rep
Drives: 2009 Porsche Carrera S Coupe

Quote:
So this is my second ticket in a month, real good luck over here. They are both "failure to obey traffic/control device" so they are no pointers.

The first one I deserved. This one however was pretty ridiculous.

So I;m on the turnpike and I pass someone doing 80 then see the cop stopped way ahead of me, so I out on the brakes and slowed to 65. He puts on his lights and pulls me over.

Cop: Do you know why I pulled you over?
Me: I think I temporarily was over the speed limit to pass someone.
Cop: Yes, how fast do you think you were going temporarily.
Me: It couldn't have been more than 80.
Cop: Yup, I got you at 80.

Now I am almost 100% sure he didn't clock me at all because I saw him way ahead of me and slowed down in time. He obviously saw me slowing down and decided to pull me over.

So he comes back and gives me a no point ticket.

Me: Come on officer, I just passed someone, that's all and I never speed.
Cop: You never speed? You are a liar because you just sped. Why are you lying to me?
Me: Are you serious? You are pretty mean officer.
Cop: What! I'm just doing my job. I just went to McDonalds and they charged me 5 bucks. Why did they do that? Because they are doing their job! How dare you call me mean. You broke the law, blah blah blah
Me: Just give me my ticker and stop wasting my time, I will see you in court. I have the best lawyer in Philadephia.

At that point I was just pissed.

I mean seriously though, I dont need a f-cking lecture from some cop. I sped for a few seconds to pass someone and this is what happens. I honestly just hate cops.
Really? Grow up...
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2014, 04:58 PM   #93
son_of_siggy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: CTS-V

Just read the original post, but I'm guessing by now the OP gets the picture that he earned the ticket.

Legally speaking, passing isn't a valid reason to exceed the speed limit. SOME states allow exceeding the limit by 10mph to pass, while others do not.

I've been in the same situation as the OP. Sped up to 80 to pass someone and took my time slowing down. That's exactly what I told the officer, and he let me off with a verbal. Had he given me a ticket I'd be mad, but I would have earned it.

Whenever you speed you roll the dice. It may get you there quicker, be more fun, whatever the case may be, but you're gambling on getting a ticket. Do I speed? Sure, sometimes, but I accept that risk.

I tell you what though, the second you opened your mouth with that first line you secured yourself that ticket. And your last line ensured a special place in his memory for you. You should hope you don't get pulled over by him again.

Did your best lawyer in Philly get you off?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 01:41 PM   #94
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Spoiled little brat.

Probably could have gotten you for reckless driving too since you were about 15 over the speed limit and over 75. Not sure if that is the law in PA, but it is where I am from.

Cop wasn't an asshole at all, he was actually doing you a favor. If you really wanted an asshole cop, you'd be paying out the ass for "the best lawyer in Philly" right now just to keep your license.
      09-08-2014, 07:15 AM   #95
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Judging from the OP's conversation with the Cop, i will guess the OP is a Caucasian.
If the OP were Black, the cop would've just pulled his 9 and emptied the entire clip on you.
      09-09-2014, 12:37 AM   #96
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
Judging from the OP's conversation with the Cop, i will guess the OP is a Caucasian.
If the OP were Black, the cop would've just pulled his 9 and emptied the entire clip on you.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 12:01 PM   #97
aksi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

There is a big problem when law enforcements are being ignored, laughed at or anything in that direction.
I do appreciate so much of the presence of law enforcements.
There are some who overuse their power and get in trouble once in awhile and make it look all the LEs are bad. But that happens in almost all professions.
That being said, thank you to all the LEs out there who keep the community safe.
We need more of them where I work though!!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 12:21 PM   #98
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
At that point I was just pissed.

I mean seriously though, I dont need a f-cking lecture from some cop. I sped for a few seconds to pass someone and this is what happens. I honestly just hate cops.
Well...I'm late to this party.

I'm not going to base an argument on my skin color, so with that being said...you need your ass whooped really good a few times so you can know what it really means to be pissed.

And by ass whooped I mean your parents should have spanked you with a belt you during your child hood.

I usually never ever agree with a majority of what cops do, but I will always give them respect no matter what the circumstances are. It could cost me my life nowadays.
Appreciate 0