F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > May buy this 428i - Opinions appeciated
proTUNING Freaks

Yesterday, 12:11 PM   #23
im_an_alien
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

That is well equipped for the price. Adaptive headlights too...
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:30 AM   #24
wishbone
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3 ZCP, '14 F30 328i

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal330i View Post
No nav can be pretty easily worked around if he's willing to retrofit apple carplay (somewhat expensive).

I do agree that Harmon Kardon was a dealbreaker when I was looking for my car... that seemed like a massive PITA to retrofit aftermarket, not to mention pretty damn expensive.

Another thing I hugely regret is not buying my f30 with the m sport package... if looks don't matter to you then go for it, but if it does, it's so much easier to get an M sport. Conversions are possible but $$$ and lots of research/planning.

Expect to have to replace many of the plastic internal parts that will inevitably fail with higher mileage. You should be good from any catastrophic failures though if it's past the 2015 timing chain refresh.

I would personally pass, but it's all up to what you want.
The HK retro isn’t “that” bad. A little invasive if you count removing door cards. You can do a couple changes at the same time (eg sticky door pull replacements).

A trim pull tool, a couple Torx and Phillips screws and you’re well on your way to a nice decent sound upgrade.

You can also do the door trims with HK branding for the super vain.

I agree with waiting for the most fully optioned car. M-sport as a minimum.

F30 328i 2014 / dinan sport kit / premium pkg / 6-speed / nav / hex trim / HK sound / B14 coilovers / oem roof rack / active autowerke exhaust / eventuri CAI
Appreciate 0