F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > New Audi commercials take not so subtle dig at BMW
ARMA SPEED

02-18-2010, 07:25 PM   #111
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Audi's ads are uninventive. The sad thing is the ad is probably not more effective as people don't necessarily like brand bashing.

BMW's brand bashing is much more subtle, and have a cheek in it. BMW does that in style , and it always convey the feel good image of their car - no straight brand bashing ads.

Every car manufacturer comes up with their niche.

The common theme however is that BMW has always been used in car performance and dynamics. BMW rarely lost a comparison in their brand new model with the staples, and I don't recall any.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 08:39 PM   #112
Oulixes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 330xi, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi2Three35i View Post
THE ONE DOING THE BASHING IS CLEARLY THE ONE THAT HAS SOME SELF CONFIDENCE ISSUES. THESE ADS JUST PISS ME OFF, MAKES ME WANT TO BE ON BMW's MARKETING TEAM.

DO AN AD OF AN M6 and M3 DOING DONUTS AROUND AUDIS
Good points, and a very entertaining thread. Much bashing and so many people seem to be on a BMW marketing team.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 08:58 PM   #113
Oulixes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 330xi, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92htx View Post
BMW should just show a picture of the Mclaren F1 in their ads.

That would shut Audi up.
1) Audi could easily point out that McLaren F1 was F1 only by name and has been long extinct.
2) BMW discontinued their participation in F1 racing in 2009, and the eponymous BMW-Sauber F1 racing team, whose cars were originally powered by BMW P86/9 V8, will cary the same name, but will be using Ferrari engines in 2010.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #114
teezee
Freude am Fahren
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4, E46 325iT

Hey is that Rich Brekus's chubby brother?

[IMG]http://www.**************.com/news/2009/04/10/456590.5.jpg[/IMG]
Attached Images

2011 E89 Z4 M Sport (Euro Delivery, Performance Center redelivery), Extended Nappa leather, Eisenmann Sport Exhaust
2003 E46 325i Touring
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #115
e92sfv123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MY10 S5

Hell yeah! Both those commericals are awesome. I love my Audi even more now.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 09:58 PM   #116
lsdless
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT

Wow, those were stupid. BMW could easily say "we shit all over audi" but they don't. Mercedes and BMW will always be a cut above. Not that I don't like Audi but flat out talking shit like that makes you look weak.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 10:29 PM   #117
Bartman619
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

cool commercial. it took Audi only about 4 years to come out with a car that can top BMW, and manages to beat BMW when the current model is older and needs a redesign. can't wait for th 335is to romp on the S4.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 11:39 PM   #118
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

I think if BMW is paying any attention at all, they will step up their game and one up Audi.

Competition is good.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 11:53 PM   #119
jksgoh
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2008 E82 125i  [0.00]
First thing i thought when i saw the "audi: friendly competition" ad was that all the "winners" throughout the ad were gloating morons.... kind of a backfire from my perspective
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 12:06 AM   #120
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Does that Audi spell ad remind anybody else of the Charger SuperBowl ad?

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 01:24 AM   #121
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Stupid Audi commercials.... for how long is S4 beter than a 335i?! BMW 335 performance/ or 335is already exist and are better than s4. In Europe is also available Alpina B3... This can t be compared to S4 because is waaaaay better
A6 better than 5 series? F10 5 series it's on the way.... only the late developed rs6 will stay in front for one more year , when the new M5 will be launched... .. game over audi...
Finally, Q5 was developed a long time after the X3 release... It will stay in front 'till september, after that the all new X3 will say
If we count audi "domination" we can see that is too short to be taken into consideration!
I bet that the next M6 will be an r8 v10 killer
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 01:41 AM   #122
CaliE90
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2021 M550xi  [0.00]
honestly, regardless of who has the better car, it's just retarded that audi has to base entire commercials bashing on another brand, that's just plain retarded and childish.
      02-19-2010, 03:08 AM   #123
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
Stupid Audi commercials.... for how long is S4 beter than a 335i?! BMW 335 performance/ or 335is already exist and are better than s4. In Europe is also available Alpina B3... This can t be compared to S4 because is waaaaay better
A6 better than 5 series? F10 5 series it's on the way.... only the late developed rs6 will stay in front for one more year , when the new M5 will be launched... .. game over audi...
Finally, Q5 was developed a long time after the X3 release... It will stay in front 'till september, after that the all new X3 will say
If we count audi "domination" we can see that is too short to be taken into consideration!
I bet that the next M6 will be an r8 v10 killer
That is how the industry works, one brand's model improves on a rival's product until their new model arrives, and so on and so on. Whether the 335is will improve much on the S4, well frankly I don't know, the S4 is exceptionally good and overall the A4 range is better in every way other than dynamics. Likewise the Q5 is amazing, it actually does drive like a hothatch and almost handles as well yet is comfortable in a way the old X3 never was, now whether BMW can improve on it's ride is questionable, though I have little doubt it will handle better than the Q5.

Regarding the next M6 being better than the R8v10, well if that happens I and many others in the industry will be extremely surprised considering the amount of supercars that haven't been able to achieve this very thing. Now if you are talking about acceleration (the typical kids gauge on performance) then it could very well happen.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 03:36 AM   #124
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

I don't see anything offense regarding the two commercials. To some, seriously is that really offense? 7 pages worth of discussion? The fact it has generated this much hubbub means its working. Those ads aren't aim to convert bmwphiles because they are a lost cause. While distasteful to bmw owners it does not necessarily means those ads are failures. I personally enjoyed them than BMW's we are everything for everyone, from youth to elders. This is not a camry. BMW is suppose to personify performance, bring back ultimate driving machine slogan.

Last edited by Robert; 02-19-2010 at 03:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 03:38 AM   #125
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
We've got it good in Belgium. Bashing other brands on the market you're active on is prohibited by law (after two internet-companies fighted like little baby's using ads).
I must say, it's way better like this. No matter what your personal tastes are, you're not going to get annoyed by ads bashing 'your' brand. Also, many consumers in Belgium now look up comparisons by professionals (certified car-magazines, consumer-magazines, etc.). So it has more than one advantage.
Anyway, bashing your opponents is a sign of weakness IMO, but marketeers will never settle with 'just' promoting the product and 'hoping' the consumer chooses his product and not the other.
In any case, it's still up to the consumer. They can throw ads at me all they want, in the end, I'm still going to test drive several cars to determine I'm going to buy the right one.
+1 in the UK
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 07:04 AM   #126
auggiem3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimk View Post
Audi: Your move BMW
BMW: Checkmate
This is awesome - I know I'm late, but had to quote it.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 07:09 AM   #127
Manboy
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2020 M135i Misano Blue

Classic example of fearing the competition is to bash them. All they are promoting in these adverts are BMW & MB.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 08:03 AM   #128
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
overall the A4 range is better in every way other than dynamics. Likewise the Q5 is amazing, it actually does drive like a hothatch and almost handles as well yet is comfortable in a way the old X3 never was, now whether BMW can improve on it's ride is questionable, though I have little doubt it will handle better than the Q5.

Regarding the next M6 being better than the R8v10, well if that happens I and many others in the industry will be extremely surprised considering the amount of supercars that haven't been able to achieve this very thing. Now if you are talking about acceleration (the typical kids gauge on performance) then it could very well happen.
*So... can u give me some examples in which way a4 is better?
*I've just said that X3 was developed waay before Q5... Do u think they are not able to improve it? Did u see those renderings with the new X3?
*What I understand when I'm telling that a car is better than other:
- I belive that M6 will have a better engine than r8 v10!
- I belive that M6 will have better fuel efficiency than r8 v10...
- I belive that M6 will be more comfortable/ practical than r8 v10...
- I belive that M6 will have very close performances to r8 v10...
- I'm sure that M6 will be cheaper than r8 v10! Enough arguments?
I'm waiting your reply against
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 08:12 AM   #129
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep

@footie: If u think that being youger means casual acquaintance about automotive industry, u are wrong...: I read a lot of international auto magazines for more than 10 years and I'm a quality supervisor at Pirelli Romania Factory, which will become in a short time the largest from EU
... i'm 27 yrs old, by the way..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 08:37 AM   #130
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

the butthurt is strong in this thread
      02-19-2010, 08:49 AM   #131
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
*So... can u give me some examples in which way a4 is better?
*I've just said that X3 was developed waay before Q5... Do u think they are not able to improve it? Did u see those renderings with the new X3?
*What I understand when I'm telling that a car is better than other:
- I belive that M6 will have a better engine than r8 v10!
- I belive that M6 will have better fuel efficiency than r8 v10...
- I belive that M6 will be more comfortable/ practical than r8 v10...
- I belive that M6 will have very close performances to r8 v10...
- I'm sure that M6 will be cheaper than r8 v10! Enough arguments?
I'm waiting your reply against
How is the A4 better than the 3 series I hear you ask?

Well I am of the opinion that their interior and exterior design is superior, as is the interior space. I also believe that in either fwd or awd form they are easier to predict the grip available and in turn easier to control because of this. Now this has nothing to do with better dynamics or entertainment which I agree the 3 series is better.

Now the next M6 vs R8v10

A better engine? Yes but that will always be my answer when it's FI vs N/A.

Better efficiency and economy? Read above for the same reasons.

More practical and comfortable? Yes on practicality but I wouldn't wholeheartedly agree about comfort because the R8 is exceptionally comfortable considering the handling available.

Close on performance? We will have to wait and see on this one but I reckon in all acceleration related disciplines it will out perform the R8 but I doubt on a handling front it will be better or even close considering the R8v10 laps the N-ring the best part of half a minute quicker than the current one.

Cheaper in price? 100% in agreement there, after all one is a big coupe and the other a proper supercar in every single way.

Regarding the X3 vs Q5, having almost bought an X3 for the wife twice I do know that it's a good motor but as with every X model that BMW have produced they all handle exceptionally well but at the expense of a decent ride. Why this should be considering how well their normal cars behave is a real head scratcher but the fact remains that they all ride awfully which is jarring and bouncy. Compared to the Q5 which handles even better than the X3 yet is both composed and comfortable shows how much of an improvement it is and as I know from first hand experience that the X6 and X1 (BMW most recent SUVs) still can't perform the task of decent handling and ride together so I personally have little faith that the next X3 will improve on this front even though I know it will probably wipe the floor with all other in the handling department.

In my opinion the M3 is BMW's greatest ever achievement, it out performs all others in it's class at just about everything but just because the M3 is capable of doing this does not mean that the rest are just as capable or that the competition isn't even stiffier. The fact remains that in the small SUV class the Q5 is better and that the S4 is better than the 335i, whether this continues is up for debate.

Last edited by footie; 02-19-2010 at 09:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #132
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
How is the A4 better than the 3 series I hear you ask?

Well I am of the opinion that their interior and exterior design is superior, as is the interior space. I also believe that in either fwd or awd form they are easier to predict the grip available and in turn easier to control because of this. Now this has nothing to do with better dynamics or entertainment which I agree the 3 series is better.

Now the next M6 vs R8v10

A better engine? Yes but that will always be my answer when it's FI vs N/A.

Better efficiency and economy? Read above for the same reasons.

More practical and comfortable? Yes on practicality but I wouldn't wholeheartedly agree about comfort because the R8 is exceptionally comfortable considering the handling available.

Close on performance? We will have to wait and see on this one but I reckon in all acceleration related disciplines it will out perform the R8 but I doubt on a handling front it will be better or even close considering the R8v10 laps the N-ring the best part of half a minute quicker than the current one.

Cheaper in price? 100% in agreement there, after all one is a big coupe and the other a proper supercar in every single way.

Regarding the X3 vs Q5, having almost bought an X3 for the wife twice I do know that it's a good motor but as with every X model that BMW have produced they all handle exceptionally well but at the expense of a decent ride. Why this should be considering how well their normal cars behave is a real head scratcher but the fact remains that they all ride awfully which is jarring and bouncy. Compared to the Q5 which handles even better than the X3 yet is both composed and comfortable shows how much of an improvement it is and as I know from first hand experience that the X6 and X1 (BMW most recent SUVs) still can't perform the task of decent handling and ride together so I personally have little faith that the next X3 will improve on this front even though I know it will probably wipe the floor with all other in the handling department.

In my opinion the M3 is BMW's greatest ever achievement, it out performs all others in it's class at just about everything but just because the M3 is capable of doing this does not mean that the rest are just as capable or that the competition isn't even stiffier. The fact remains that in the small SUV class the Q5 is better and that the S4 is better than the 335i, whether this continues is up for debate.
The 3 series for that matter. What does every car company in the world compare them selve to when they are making a sports sedan?
Appreciate 0