F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BMW 435i LPFP upgrade?
GetBMWParts

03-29-2024, 02:56 AM   #1
435iKev
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 435i

BMW 435i LPFP upgrade?

My LPFP gave out today and am debating on replacing it with an upgraded one (Fuel-It Stage 2 or PR Stage 2). I知 currently BM3 Stage 2 FBO and occasionally run a E30 mix.

I was thinking might as well upgrade the LPFP since I知 already replacing it but I have my doubts. First off, is it really necessary if I知 only going to run E30 and not planning on upgrading turbos? Secondly, I致e heard of issues with the EKP overheating after installing upgraded LPFP.

I noticed my car was a little choppy and underpowered a couple weeks before the LPFP gave out. Will an upgraded one make my power delivery smoother or do I just need a brand new OEM pump?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2024, 06:10 PM   #2
n55david
Check out my Youtube @n55david!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i, 2015 X3 x35i

Garage List
2017 m240i xDrive  [0.00]
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 435iKev View Post
My LPFP gave out today and am debating on replacing it with an upgraded one (Fuel-It Stage 2 or PR Stage 2). I知 currently BM3 Stage 2 FBO and occasionally run a E30 mix.

I was thinking might as well upgrade the LPFP since I知 already replacing it but I have my doubts. First off, is it really necessary if I知 only going to run E30 and not planning on upgrading turbos? Secondly, I致e heard of issues with the EKP overheating after installing upgraded LPFP.

I noticed my car was a little choppy and underpowered a couple weeks before the LPFP gave out. Will an upgraded one make my power delivery smoother or do I just need a brand new OEM pump?
I have a new bosch pump somewhere I think. You just have to swap the level sending unit off your old assembly.. let me check if I have it.. if I do and you're interested.. just make me an offer.

I wouldn't upgrade unless you wanna do the aftermarket ekp options and stuff
IG: @n55david For pics and updates!
Youtube: @ n55david For videos or Racing etc
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 07:16 PM   #3
SpoolinAddict
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 335i Stage 2 BM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by n55david View Post
I have a new bosch pump somewhere I think. You just have to swap the level sending unit off your old assembly.. let me check if I have it.. if I do and you're interested.. just make me an offer.

I wouldn't upgrade unless you wanna do the aftermarket ekp options and stuff
Do you have any links about the EKP options? are they plug and play?

So if I were to only stay on e27-e30 mix and not planning to do anymore upgrades, I can still get a flex fuel bm3 kit/tune without the EKP overheating right?

I am currently on BM3 Stage 2 ACN (CA) cp, dp, upgraded intercooler, ngk spark plugs.

I watched guides on how to calculate the E mix but the flex tune and flex fuel kit intrigues me since I won't really have to worry about it.

One last question, for people who are on a e30 mix/tune (without a flex fuel kit) How much % can you go over or lower? For example, if I am on a e30 bm3 tune...what if my gas station has lower quality ethanol? The thing that's putting me off is having to test ethanol content every month for my local gas station
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 08:14 PM   #4
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

I have been running an Emix for several years without flex fuel, using the same spreadsheet i setup long ago. As you can see in the table, with this mix, if you are at 0/70% pump/E85, you would be 19.1% ethanol in the tank. I doubt you would ever be this low, CA doesnt really go below 9% pump, and pearson fuels is usually 83.3% E85 or higher. But it provides a lower limit. The upper limit with 10%/85% is then 30% in the tank, so you know you can't overshoot and crash HPFP on stock fuel system. Zero issues using this for years, with a asterisk that i am on MHD's map which technically calls for E20 even though i always target E30.

There's multiple threads on the EKP options but frankly if you arent going to upgrade HPFP you definitely shouldnt upgrade LPFP. LPFP is good for about E60-70 with a maxed out stock turbo, but pushing that high requires a HPFP first.

i run stock fuel system and "manual" mixing using this table. IMO just skip the flex fuel kit and buy your E85 from Pearson fuels stations (use their app or website) and you should be good. I've testing pearson fuels E85 probably 8x over the years and its always been basically 85% within the margin of error of the test kit. And pump gas is always just under 10%, havent really measured summer/winter variability although it can exist.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0