F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Horner in trouble at Red Bull
GetBMWParts

02-25-2024, 08:34 PM   #243
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Whatever happened to any press is good press?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 08:55 AM   #244
TTM0TION
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Grigio Telesto ZCP

Ford coming in oddly hot. I think they are making a push to get a leadership position on the team. Wasn't that a big sticking point for Porsche too? Farley wants a company man in a top seat or someone in that seat that will cater to Ford.

Otmar coming in!!! LOL
      02-26-2024, 10:00 AM   #245
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Ford cannot expect a 100% 'yes sir, three bags full sir' welcome entry into the world of F1, why don't they just approach RB gmbh Austria if they are that concerned, FFS it's life.
Appreciate 2
      02-26-2024, 11:57 AM   #246
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Ford cannot expect a 100% 'yes sir, three bags full sir' welcome entry into the world of F1, why don't they just approach RB gmbh Austria if they are that concerned, FFS it's life.
presumably that's what they have been doing from day 1.

what you are reading are the rumours and hearsays as drip feed from the internet.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 01:07 PM   #247
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

So if you supposedly turn down a $650k pay package, in hopes of getting a big payday. Is your next step to delete all your socials and go into hiding? This behavior seems opposite of someone looking for more money. Normally these women lawyer up and make allegations public.

Something about this is not clear cut. Has it been confirmed Horner is in fact filing a lawsuit against De Telegraaf?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 01:19 PM   #248
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Per Skynews a resolution is coming in next two days. Likely no details will be given, just the fate of Horner.

Quote:
While the saga has played out in public with details repeatedly emerging from reports in the Dutch media, there is no expectation that a decision over Horner's future will be presented with major detail.

Any statement from Red Bull GmbH is expected to reflect a thorough and fair investigation, but matters of confidentiality are likely to limit the amount of information shared publicly.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...ore-bahrain-gp

Last edited by M3WC; 02-26-2024 at 01:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 01:23 PM   #249
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Per Skynews a resolution is coming in next two days. Likely no details will given, just the fate of Horner.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...ore-bahrain-gp
i've never seen so much hearsay and so little official statements from major situations like this!
Appreciate 3
M3WC3646.50
      02-26-2024, 02:06 PM   #250
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

so if this piece of hearsay is correct, the barrister wasn't actually on holiday, he was on Marko's private yacht writing the over 100 page report

presumably still Thai vs Austria in the background at the moment

hearsay says timeline is 48 hrs. so shall i wait with bated breath or not?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 02:12 PM   #251
dfox
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by g21 View Post
i've never seen so much hearsay and so little official statements from major situations like this!
Makes you wonder how "major" of a situation it actually is...

Or is it just tabloids needing click-bait to keep their advertisement revenue up.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 02:22 PM   #252
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Couldn’t possibly call this one, CH had been in Motorsport and F1 in the corporate world for a long time at a very top level. But had he really stepped out of line, has the power gone to his head or is it a power struggle of sorts after all, as everyone has said it’s all hearsay.

One thing is clear it’s been handled badly that is for certain; rivals will see him as weak and vulnerable in some of the likely debates and votes that will almost certainly be around the corner on various subjects. Sponsors like Ford will also need a long chat to calm them down, maybe it’s the letter that has pushed things to a conclusion.

Will be a big loss for the team if he is sacked, we will find out over the next few days.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 02:47 PM   #253
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
we will find out over the next few days.
don't hold your breath!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 02:50 PM   #254
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
Couldn’t possibly call this one, CH had been in Motorsport and F1 in the corporate world for a long time at a very top level. But had he really stepped out of line, has the power gone to his head or is it a power struggle of sorts after all, as everyone has said it’s all hearsay.

One thing is clear it’s been handled badly that is for certain; rivals will see him as weak and vulnerable in some of the likely debates and votes that will almost certainly be around the corner on various subjects. Sponsors like Ford will also need a long chat to calm them down, maybe it’s the letter that has pushed things to a conclusion.

Will be a big loss for the team if he is sacked, we will find out over the next few days.
We may assume that Red Bull HQ will not only take into consideration the respective points of view of the employee and of Horner, but will also check the ripple effect of the possible scenarios internally and externally: Horner keeping his job as RBR team principal, Horner leaving RBR or Horner getting side-lined ("new role as advisor" or something along those lines).
M5Rick60985.50
      02-26-2024, 04:06 PM   #255
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
We may assume that Red Bull HQ will not only take into consideration the respective points of view of the employee and of Horner, but will also check the ripple effect of the possible scenarios internally and externally: Horner keeping his job as RBR team principal, Horner leaving RBR or Horner getting side-lined ("new role as advisor" or something along those lines).
It all depends on what’s actually gone on or not as to which of those options they will eliminate early on. If he has done anything of note then carry on in any capacity will go down like a lead balloon.

If it’s all hearsay and he has done nothing then it’s review options or leave him in the current role and all done. But if it’s all nothing then why has it take so long to get to this position it would you would hope be easy to move on unless there is some level of uncertainly, but we just don’t know it could have all just been badly run.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 05:12 PM   #256
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
lol if that's the case they wouldn't have tried to sack him prior to the car reveal

somebody wants him gone lol
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 11:41 PM   #257
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

The Times UK now reporting...

"Sources have since suggested that no such evidence (of sexual misconduct) was submitted in the complaint itself" against Christian Horner”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...ions-6p2lpmqvr
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 03:27 AM   #258
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by g21 View Post
presumably that's what they have been doing from day 1.

what you are reading are the rumours and hearsays as drip feed from the internet.
No one really knows what Ford is doing or saying, as you say it's more likely journos putting their own slant on things to justify their jobs.
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2024, 05:47 AM   #259
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

I also wonder, if this is a case of sexual misconduct by CH to his assistant, what is the assistant hoping to gain?

I mean...say CH leaves. What happens with her?
How likely is it that she stays in her job or makes a glorious career within RBR?
I think those chances are more slim than at another company.
So how I see it, she would eventually leave too, to another company.
And at that point, it becomes a matter of money. I can't believe she'd rather see CH gone at a company she also won't be working at in the future than a big bag of money.
And if it's about money, it would never get in the media I recon.
So I'm still puzzled.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 02-27-2024 at 05:54 AM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60985.50
      02-27-2024, 10:55 AM   #260
dfox
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I also wonder, if this is a case of sexual misconduct by CH to his assistant, what is the assistant hoping to gain?

I mean...say CH leaves. What happens with her?
How likely is it that she stays in her job or makes a glorious career within RBR?
I think those chances are more slim than at another company.
So how I see it, she would eventually leave too, to another company.
And at that point, it becomes a matter of money. I can't believe she'd rather see CH gone at a company she also won't be working at in the future than a big bag of money.
And if it's about money, it would never get in the media I recon.
So I'm still puzzled.
I mean, that's a theoretical challenge for any sexual misconduct case, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't hold him accountable if he is truly guilty.

I personally think it's a minor infraction thing... something where she should have probably just told him that his comments made her uncomfortable but she didn't. If it was more major he'd have been axed by now.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 10:59 AM   #261
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
First GP of the year and last year's winning principal isn't on the list of who's being interviewed...smart move.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
F32Fleet3606.00
      02-27-2024, 12:03 PM   #262
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
I mean, that's a theoretical challenge for any sexual misconduct case, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't hold him accountable if he is truly guilty.
Of course. But if she holds him accountable and CH gets fired....she gets nothing. I mean the perpetrator is then punished as far as RB is concerned...and she gets nothing.
She could then either go to the police to press charges (and get nothing) or file a civil lawsuit, which probably also gets her nothing, or very little.

So then she has her job, gets to be persona non grata with a lot of people within RB (and will probably leave in a few years) and has no big bag of money.

Or she could've gotten CH's big bag of money. Maybe even more (if he offers 650k, he'll also offer a bit more)

So holding him truly accountable costs her a lot of money....
At least, that's how I see it.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60985.50
      02-27-2024, 12:44 PM   #263
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Of course. But if she holds him accountable and CH gets fired....she gets nothing. I mean the perpetrator is then punished as far as RB is concerned...and she gets nothing.
She could then either go to the police to press charges (and get nothing) or file a civil lawsuit, which probably also gets her nothing, or very little.
So then she has her job, gets to be persona non grata with a lot of people within RB (and will probably leave in a few years) and has no big bag of money.
Or she could've gotten CH's big bag of money. Maybe even more (if he offers 650k, he'll also offer a bit more)
Who says that the employee is after a "big bag of money" ?

Likely her goal was/is, as a matter of principle, to stop Horner in his tracks about what she personally perceived as disrespectful/inappropriate behavior. Rumor has it that the matter has been lingering on for quite some time - she pulled the plug (probably considering something along the lines: "Enough - That's it - This must stop.").

It's up to the powers that be down at Red Bull HQ to decide over the matter.
M5Rick60985.50
      02-27-2024, 12:48 PM   #264
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

unless someone else is doubling whatever amount she is offered, to persist with the case

anything is possible in this situation. there are some very rich and power hungry (even possibly some crazy ones) figures at play.
Appreciate 0