F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Dealer experience question...
proTUNING Freaks

03-16-2014, 02:03 PM   #1
ryanSTL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 435GC rwd

Dealer experience question...

In your collective experience with BMW dealerships (buying/leasing and service/maintenance) .. I have a question.

There are three local to me BMW dealers and I'm about to lease a new car. Dealer A is two blocks from my office and that is where I know I'll have my service / maintenance done. Will my service experience suffer at dealer A if I lease from dealer B or C?

I'm not too concerned about the "buying" experience because to be honest, I love the negotiation process and generally make things rough on the dealer.

What I am much more concerned about is getting a great service & maintenance experience. Should I try to buy through Dealer A or does it really not matter?

Thx
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 03:50 PM   #2
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Some dealers will give you certain "perks" if you buy/lease from them, like loaners, free car washes, etc. if that's important to you.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #3
wangt86
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 WRX, F25 X3, Lotus Elise

Depends on the dealerships. We drive an extra 10 miles to avoid our local dealership because they do horrific service work. Our former SA at the local dealership got promoted and based on our experience with him it will only get worse.

On the sales side we tried purchasing a 09 X3 a while back and got completely ignored even when we scheduled a test drive a week in advance.

We still get the loaner perks from our current dealerships and bring our cars for any outside warranty or maint. work.

Look at the reviews on the board and online and go to the dealership people rave about.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 11:24 AM   #4
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangt86 View Post
Depends on the dealerships. We drive an extra 10 miles to avoid our local dealership because they do horrific service work. Our former SA at the local dealership got promoted and based on our experience with him it will only get worse.

On the sales side we tried purchasing a 09 X3 a while back and got completely ignored even when we scheduled a test drive a week in advance.

We still get the loaner perks from our current dealerships and bring our cars for any outside warranty or maint. work.

Look at the reviews on the board and online and go to the dealership people rave about.
Like wang mentioned above, every dealership is different. I bought mine from a different dealership in Souther Cal. and my current SA is one of the best in the local area. He even allowed me to have my oil changed before the 1 year date where as another local dealer (who I didn't buy my car from but have been going to the same SA for the past 10 years) said, no, you have to wait until the anniversary date.

Go and ask each of the 3 dealerships what their policy is on service/loaners etc if you do or do not buy from them.

Here's a recent BMW Ranking released last month. Hope one of the three are on here.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/usa/p...item=node__817

good luck.
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0