F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Help about insurance in buying a used cars!
GetBMWParts

03-31-2014, 12:44 AM   #1
GG.
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 535i

Help about insurance in buying a used cars!

hi guys,

i live in California and i want to ask what do i need to do with auto insurance so when i buy the car i will be able to drive it home on the same day.is it right that i need to register the auto insurance first before buying the car then when i buy the car i just need to call the insurance company and give them the VIN of the car?is it possible?

Thank you

Regards,
Andrew
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2014, 12:47 PM   #2
bige1919
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Yes, you will need to purchase auto insurance before driving it home. You can go to any of the major insurance sites and get quotes. Purchase the one you want and make the effective date of the policy the date that you will be picking up the car. You will be able to print out a proof of insurance document that you should take with you when you pick up the car.

You probably don't need to call the insurance company when you pick it up, you will give the VIN when you purchase the insurance.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2014, 06:31 PM   #3
GG.
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 535i

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bige1919 View Post
Yes, you will need to purchase auto insurance before driving it home. You can go to any of the major insurance sites and get quotes. Purchase the one you want and make the effective date of the policy the date that you will be picking up the car. You will be able to print out a proof of insurance document that you should take with you when you pick up the car.

You probably don't need to call the insurance company when you pick it up, you will give the VIN when you purchase the insurance.
alright.thanks for the explanation.appreciate it
Appreciate 0