F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > First World Problems
Studio RSR

05-22-2014, 02:54 PM   #397
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

a couple days I ago I mentioned my Oakley Radars I bought...

well, I bit the bullet and put them on this morning to ride to work...

squinted and teared up all the way to work...

now I gotta ride back home squinting and tearing....20 miles.....
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 06:33 PM   #398
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
^Why is that?
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 07:31 PM   #399
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Netflix NEVER has the movie that I want to see.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 07:33 PM   #400
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

I'm going to get season passes for Disney land, but the prices JUST went up.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 07:35 PM   #401
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
Netflix NEVER has the movie that I want to see.
haha I spend all my time scrolling through the titles but I can never chose anything
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 08:57 PM   #402
Zach1328
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i / 2007 335i

Beware of Crapple (Apple)!!!
My 2012 MacBook Pro has been an absolute disaster of a computer. I will never be purchasing another Apple product in my life!
Here are the issues its had:
1) Wifi connection timeout issues - This happened constantly because I switch internet connections multiple times through a typical day. It's really a pain in the ass when you're trying to use the MacBook for college and business purposes!
I called Apple ~15 times to attempt to resolve this issue and no one could help me. I even went to the "genius" bar and had no luck. They said the computer had no internal issues and it must be an issue with my internet service provider.
Yeah right - an issue with my ISP. That's exactly why my room-mates Apple works perfectly fine as well as the other 10,000 Apple lap-tops I see on my college campus.

2) Randomly goes to sleep. You know I love when I'm in the middle of an important business phone call and VIOLA - my MacBook randomly goes to sleep. Again, at least 10 calls with Apple and no permanent resolution. Another appointment at the "genius" bar and still no luck.

3) F*)K*&% D*&^MIT APPLE! I hate you for this one!
So, I had a 130 page business project due at 4pm. It was completely finished and ready to go around 10am after I spent ~3 hours that morning organizing the entire project.
Just as I'm getting ready to go print it I saved it all (for the 1000th time) and closed it down. I looked at my desktop and something was missing...
At first glance I thought it was one of my business files - which would have angered me - but I have them backed up at home, so I thought oh no big deal. Well at 2nd glance I realized my entire project was missing!
Luckily just over 90% of the project was backed up, but at this point I had 6 hours left to re-type 9 pages and re-organize the project which took 3 hours the first time! This project was worth 50% of my overall grade too!

I HATE APPLE! Oh well though - nothing I can do and grades really aren't going to contribute to my success in life!
Mods: JB4 + MHD BEF, RB Twos Plus, Phoenix PI Manifold, Dual Walbro 450 LPFP's, DCI, VRSF DP's, VRSF 7.5" FMIC, VRSF CP + TiAL BOV, VRSF inlets & aluminum outlets, TC Kline SA, M3 F/R control arms, M3 subframe bushings
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 09:11 PM   #403
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

^^^^I am SO glad I don't have to give IT hardware support to students any longer.

(I know, that's not a problem. I'm threadcrapping.)

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 07:36 AM   #404
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

No raison bagels at the office today. AND the Keurig is still broken. Gonna be a long day.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 07:41 AM   #405
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

I don't know if anybody here deals with billionaires, but they do have a lot of first world problems. Polycom/video conference is down in Houston, so fly the jet to Dallas where the video is working. Google video chat not sufficient, needs to be at a board room, not in an office. Even the time to get to the airport etc. made no sense.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 08:09 AM   #406
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
^Why is that?
they don't seal around my face/forehead because they're not dedicated motorcycle glasses......

so at anything over 50mph, the wind turbulence is too much for the lenses to keep wind out of my eyes....

I have a basic black set of glasses that has the padding around the frame/lenses that are dedicated motorcycle riding glasses that work perfect - I just wanted to look cooler in my Oaks HAHAHA !!!!

first set you can see the padding on the inside - this allows maximum wind protection from the eyes....bottom pic is the Oakley Radars...

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 09:03 AM   #407
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
I don't know if anybody here deals with billionaires, but they do have a lot of first world problems. Polycom/video conference is down in Houston, so fly the jet to Dallas where the video is working. Google video chat not sufficient, needs to be at a board room, not in an office. Even the time to get to the airport etc. made no sense.
Polycom is light years ahead of Google/Skype/whatever, but I would think you could install a Polycom system in 10 boardrooms for the cost of a few private jet flights.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 09:05 AM   #408
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

The plant is basically empty because everyone decided to take today off. Having a hard time deciding what time I am going to leave early and where I am going to go to have a nice lunch and a tall beer.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 09:52 AM   #409
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Polycom is light years ahead of Google/Skype/whatever, but I would think you could install a Polycom system in 10 boardrooms for the cost of a few private jet flights.
This really happened, but I don't think it's a meeting or cost thing. Perhaps the guy has a girl in Dallas.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #410
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
they don't seal around my face/forehead because they're not dedicated motorcycle glasses......

so at anything over 50mph, the wind turbulence is too much for the lenses to keep wind out of my eyes....

I have a basic black set of glasses that has the padding around the frame/lenses that are dedicated motorcycle riding glasses that work perfect - I just wanted to look cooler in my Oaks HAHAHA !!!!

first set you can see the padding on the inside - this allows maximum wind protection from the eyes....bottom pic is the Oakley Radars...

Oh OK, didn't know you rode... As a former optician, I thought it was a fitment issue.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #411
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

My co-worker smells horrible! and we share the same office!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 11:34 AM   #412
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach1328 View Post
Beware of Crapple (Apple)!!!
My 2012 MacBook Pro has been an absolute disaster of a computer. I will never be purchasing another Apple product in my life!
Here are the issues its had:
1) Wifi connection timeout issues - This happened constantly because I switch internet connections multiple times through a typical day. It's really a pain in the ass when you're trying to use the MacBook for college and business purposes!
I called Apple ~15 times to attempt to resolve this issue and no one could help me. I even went to the "genius" bar and had no luck. They said the computer had no internal issues and it must be an issue with my internet service provider.
Yeah right - an issue with my ISP. That's exactly why my room-mates Apple works perfectly fine as well as the other 10,000 Apple lap-tops I see on my college campus.

2) Randomly goes to sleep. You know I love when I'm in the middle of an important business phone call and VIOLA - my MacBook randomly goes to sleep. Again, at least 10 calls with Apple and no permanent resolution. Another appointment at the "genius" bar and still no luck.

3) F*)K*&% D*&^MIT APPLE! I hate you for this one!
So, I had a 130 page business project due at 4pm. It was completely finished and ready to go around 10am after I spent ~3 hours that morning organizing the entire project.
Just as I'm getting ready to go print it I saved it all (for the 1000th time) and closed it down. I looked at my desktop and something was missing...
At first glance I thought it was one of my business files - which would have angered me - but I have them backed up at home, so I thought oh no big deal. Well at 2nd glance I realized my entire project was missing!
Luckily just over 90% of the project was backed up, but at this point I had 6 hours left to re-type 9 pages and re-organize the project which took 3 hours the first time! This project was worth 50% of my overall grade too!

I HATE APPLE! Oh well though - nothing I can do and grades really aren't going to contribute to my success in life!
Bad Luck

I've had mine for 4 years... has been rock solid.

The PCs I've had before that were trash worthy after 2 years; HP, Toshiba, Dell and Gateway. I have a lot of IOS devices as well, minor glitches here and there but nothing compared to what I experience with Windows or Android products.
      05-23-2014, 12:00 PM   #413
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Funny... I've never had an issue with HP and I've owned 3 in a row. Granted, the first one was stolen, but the 2nd one I've had for 6 years and I'm on my third one...

But for my anti-Apple sentiment, from an IT Tech's perspective, Apple is so overly dedicated to being user-friendly, that it doesn't do anything for the advanced users; software has all the advanced settings hidden or nonexistent, or hardware... I'd say don't get me started but this is a FWP thread after all... Their integrated architecture is SUCH a pain in the neck; if one thing breaks you have to replace an entire series of things... Even the motherboard or the [illogical] "logic board" has the processor built-in, so imagine how I'd have to explain why it costs $600 to replace one for a Macbook, or how hard it is to find the exact part with exact specifications used since the customer doesn't want to pay that much... Or how a new battery needs me to take the entire computer apart and use a special tool to take it out as shown here. PCs, on the other hand, is nice and modular where you can replace individual parts. Another thing they do? Some models don't have the model number or even serial number posted! If you need a replacement part, you'd have to go scour the internet to research what exact model number it is so that you can get the correct part! PCs? All I have to do is push a latch open to see that my laptop is a DV7T-7200 if I want more than the vague "ENVY dv7" printed on the corner!

Last edited by NEFARIOUS; 05-23-2014 at 12:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 01:44 PM   #414
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post
My co-worker smells horrible! and we share the same office!
Sharing an office is a First World Problem. My condolences on that. Smelly co-worker on the other hand, you need to

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 01:51 PM   #415
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
Funny... I've never had an issue with HP and I've owned 3 in a row. Granted, the first one was stolen, but the 2nd one I've had for 6 years and I'm on my third one...

But for my anti-Apple sentiment, from an IT Tech's perspective, Apple is so overly dedicated to being user-friendly, that it doesn't do anything for the advanced users; software has all the advanced settings hidden or nonexistent, or hardware... I'd say don't get me started but this is a FWP thread after all... Their integrated architecture is SUCH a pain in the neck; if one thing breaks you have to replace an entire series of things... Even the motherboard or the [illogical] "logic board" has the processor built-in, so imagine how I'd have to explain why it costs $600 to replace one for a Macbook, or how hard it is to find the exact part with exact specifications used since the customer doesn't want to pay that much... Or how a new battery needs me to take the entire computer apart and use a special tool to take it out as shown here. PCs, on the other hand, is nice and modular where you can replace individual parts. Another thing they do? Some models don't have the model number or even serial number posted! If you need a replacement part, you'd have to go scour the internet to research what exact model number it is so that you can get the correct part! PCs? All I have to do is push a latch open to see that my laptop is a DV7T-7200 if I want more than the vague "ENVY dv7" printed on the corner!
Love Apple hardware (until it breaks), but I run Windows 7 on it. Office setup is a Mac Mini, i7, 16GB, 1TB hooked up to a 27" Thunderbolt screen. Home desktop is a Mac Mini Server, i7, 16GB, 2x1TB, hooked to dual 21" screens. Laptop is a MBP 15", i7, 16GB, 500GB SSD. Just bought Wifey an 11" MB Air. All running Win7.

Not big on iPads, though. I prefer Samsung tablets, but that's just me. Nothing wrong with iPads.

My only gripe, and this ties in the FWP part, is that the MBP gets hot when I'm using Photoshop and I have to use a lap desk to keep from burning my legs when I'm wearing shorts.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 02:02 PM   #416
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Sharing an office is a First World Problem. My condolences on that. Smelly co-worker on the other hand, you need to
LOL years ago sharing a cube was the reason why I could work from home 40% or 60% of the time. And my coworker did smell, he was from *****. It bothered me that he would actually use my headset, and eat and get crumbs in the keyboard etc. When he got fired, I had to drive to work 100% again.

Like you said, first world problems.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 08:46 AM   #417
bimmerfrk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ferrari Red F83

Quote:
Yea it sure is. Its a hardware point to point video conferencing system. Google Skype, goto are all software based that rely on dedicated servers and crappy onsite webcams to get shit down. Polycom are great just set a static wan ip and share it with whom every you want.
      05-24-2014, 09:00 AM   #418
bimmerfrk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ferrari Red F83

I own a professional basketball team but for some reason everyone thinks I'm a racist and the NBA wants to sell my team our from under me.

There i did it