F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Trade in E90 325i for 2006 M6 with 6.5K miles
ARMA SPEED

04-24-2014, 12:24 PM   #23
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I agree with this 100%. I usually laugh at my friends who buy insanely powerful cars. Unless you take it to the track (one friend does), there is little to no point buying these powerful cars.
Definitely, It's a deceiving marketing strategy. BMW's //M line, MB's AMG line, Audi's RS line, Porsche's GTS and Turbo S lines.
Yes those cars are more gorgeous than their base counter parts and the sound of their engine is bad ass BUT Most of that power will never be used. Only a very very very low % of owners will actually make use of the power.
      04-24-2014, 01:18 PM   #24
Rotorocious
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

+1 for no.
No torque
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 01:35 PM   #25
investmentbanker
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Well I'm not shopping here again. The sales man has been harassing me and when I finally called back I told him I was no longer interested in the M6 and still shopping around. I couldn't even finish that sentence and he hung up. I thought it was an accident so i called back and no answer, I later got the following text.

I thought I was being nice by letting him know instead of keeping him waiting....
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #26
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

That salesman, wow. What a little bitch.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 03:50 PM   #27
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Dodged a bullet!

The Salesman's attitude = The condition of the car he's selling.
      04-24-2014, 03:55 PM   #28
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

I quit calling a salesman back bc I went in to check out a 135 and asked in passing when 235 was coming out, he told me not until next winter while trying to sell me the 135 they had on the lot. Once I figured out he was uniformed at best and lying to me at worst I just ignored him. His boss finally called me when the 135 deal didn't get done to see what the problem was, which is the appropriate thing to do. The response you got is insane I'd call BMWNA.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 06:20 PM   #29
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by investmentbanker View Post
Well I'm not shopping here again. The sales man has been harassing me and when I finally called back I told him I was no longer interested in the M6 and still shopping around. I couldn't even finish that sentence and he hung up. I thought it was an accident so i called back and no answer, I later got the following text.

I thought I was being nice by letting him know instead of keeping him waiting....
I dont see the problem? He's giving you great advice.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 07:07 PM   #30
Vanmarsenille
In On The Kill Taker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MB GLS550; 2016 RR HSE

Quote:

Wow.....just....wow. Which dealership was this?

Edit: sorry, I can see it is Texas Direct Auto. Run away. Very fast.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 07:58 PM   #31
ddk632
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I dont see the problem? He's giving you great advice.

True about the advice!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 08:32 PM   #32
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Texas Direct Auto, no surprise. I've been there before, GIANT outfitter that just CHURNS and BURNS them out.

Let's hope someone from Texas Direct Auto sees this. Hold on...

TEXAS DIRECT AUTO #texasdirectauto

Perhaps we should call the "friendly" salesman back and all start asking him about the M6? Troll mode: engaged...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 08:33 PM   #33
b0bab0i
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 TiAG z4 3.0i w/ hardtop

Quote:
THANKS!!! For everyone's honest and thoughtful opinions. I decided to go against the M6. The thought of an amazing V10 is nice but its probably not worth the maint cost.

My Honda Fit Sport VTEC SOHC Type R is my daily driver and my pretend truck.
What model is this? I've never heard of a Type R Fit.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 08:37 PM   #34
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:

Wow. You should get a friend to call him about the M6 and have them jerk him off for about 3 months.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 08:39 PM   #35
b0bab0i
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 TiAG z4 3.0i w/ hardtop

Quote:
I agree with this 100%. I usually laugh at my friends who buy insanely powerful cars. Unless you take it to the track (one friend does), there is little to no point buying these powerful cars.
What's the point of buying your X5 and 135i?

There is no point in you buying an X5 because a 4Runner could do all the things an X5 could but cheaper.

You could've bought an FRS and it could do everything a 135i could but cheaper.

Once you answer these questions, apply it to reasons why your friends bought those cars. You should be laughed at.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 10:30 PM   #36
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i View Post
What's the point of buying your X5 and 135i?

There is no point in you buying an X5 because a 4Runner could do all the things an X5 could but cheaper.

You could've bought an FRS and it could do everything a 135i could but cheaper.

Once you answer these questions, apply it to reasons why your friends bought those cars. You should be laughed at.
Calm down mate. I bought them because I liked the way they looked.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:10 PM   #37
ddk632
United_States
Rep

Why even buy a car? You can make your own for much cheaper.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:17 PM   #38
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
I'm a cheap bastard. Thats why I drive a Honda Fit and BMW 325i. But I never had a super BMW car like an M6 so tranny is my concern. I've read mix reviews of the tranny and how some dealers just replace an entire transmission for $14K when replace the hydraulic pump and some relay doesn't fix the tranny.

I want to do this but I'm scared LOL. #firstworldproblems
You want an m6 and call yourself a cheap bastard lol these cars (m5 e60 and this m6) can bend you over and plow you royally... Tranny is 14k (my buddy just had to redo his, thankfully he got it at carmax with their warranty and they footed the bill), x2 vanos, SMG pump... Goodness I had an e60 m5 for 12 days and it would have cost 20k to get the car right before tightening up the suspension, and while I could easily afford it, it just wasn't worth it (hence the f10 m5 )

With that said if you feel its been well taken care of and can vouch for the seller why not..But make sure you have the cash and stomach that if something big happened you can pay.

Quote:
I use it everyday with the m5, hit the limiter more than I could count lol.

And then there are the times you don't notice it like overtaking and oops you're at xxx

Quote:
Texas Direct Auto, no surprise. I've been there before, GIANT outfitter that just CHURNS and BURNS them out.

Let's hope someone from Texas Direct Auto sees this. Hold on...

TEXAS DIRECT AUTO #texasdirectauto

Perhaps we should call the "friendly" salesman back and all start asking him about the M6? Troll mode: engaged...
Oh man lol I almost bought a 458 there and my buddy who got a 430 told me they have a terrible rep... I let them keep the deposit.. I wouldn't ever buy from them regardless of the price..

If thats where the m6 is coming from stay far away. Car was probably in katrina.

They did some shady crap to me too I bought it via ebay.. Won the "auction" they instead of checking out and doing it all through ebay... Removed the listing and contacted me privately (I assume that since their yelp/google reviews were sooooooo shitty to maintain their 100% ebay rating should something bad happen) I kept saying I wanna do it through ebay for insurance, even good feedback they said they don't work that way??? LOL

Texas auto import too is bad.

Last edited by M5Rlz; 04-24-2014 at 11:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:36 PM   #39
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
You want an m6 and call yourself a cheap bastard lol these cars (m5 e60 and this m6) can bend you over and plow you royally... Tranny is 14k (my buddy just had to redo his, thankfully he got it at carmax with their warranty and they footed the bill), x2 vanos, SMG pump... Goodness I had an e60 m5 for 12 days and it would have cost 20k to get the car right before tightening up the suspension, and while I could easily afford it, it just wasn't worth it (hence the f10 m5 )

With that said if you feel its been well taken care of and can vouch for the seller why not..But make sure you have the cash and stomach that if something big happened you can pay.

I use it everyday with the m5, hit the limiter more than I could count lol.

And then there are the times you don't notice it like overtaking and oops you're at xxx

Oh man lol I almost bought a 458 there and my buddy who got a 430 told me they have a terrible rep... I let them keep the deposit.. I wouldn't ever buy from them regardless of the price..

If thats where the m6 is coming from stay far away. Car was probably in katrina.

They did some shady crap to me too I bought it via ebay.. Won the "auction" they instead of checking out and doing it all through ebay... Removed the listing and contacted me privately (I assume that since their yelp/google reviews were sooooooo shitty to maintain their 100% ebay rating should something bad happen) I kept saying I wanna do it through ebay for insurance, even good feedback they said they don't work that way??? LOL

Texas auto import too is bad.
Trust me mate, I wish I lived in a place like where you live. Here, it doesn't matter if you have a 316i or an M3: there is literally no point having a fast car because (unless you take it to the track) there are no places where you can open it up. Unless you just want to floor it from when entering onramps etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:40 PM   #40
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Trust me mate, I wish I lived in a place like where you live. Here, it doesn't matter if you have a 316i or an M3: there is literally no point having a fast car because (unless you take it to the track) there are no places where you can open it up. Unless you just want to floor it from when entering onramps etc.
lol I'm in a top 10 worst congestion in the US I'm sure you could find somewhere even if you're in Austin which would be pretty bad congestion too
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 06:52 AM   #41
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:

wtf are you saying?

You bought the oasis of the seas. Do you actually use it?

And i'd love to say go with the m6, but this one is a bit too old..

I had the SMG before, and it does give you a manual feel which I liked, mine gave me no issues at all through 2 years. Try and get an 08-09 m6.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 08:19 AM   #42
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
wtf are you saying?

I had the SMG before, and it does give you a manual feel which I liked, mine gave me no issues at all through 2 years. Try and get an 08-09 m6.
The Oasis of the Seas? The fuck you banging on about son? Why would I buy a cruise ship?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 09:04 AM   #43
investmentbanker
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i View Post
What model is this? I've never heard of a Type R Fit.
The Type R was just a silly name. Its a Honda Fit Sport all stock, its my beater
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 10:45 AM   #44
///McRae
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
wtf are you saying?

The Oasis of the Seas? The fuck you banging on about son? Why would I buy a cruise ship?
The attitude on you. I think he is referring, as another poster did, to your statement that you "laugh" at your friends who buy powerful cars.
Appreciate 0