F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Windshield wiper issue
Studio RSR

02-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
spiderz17
Not a BMW Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Windshield wiper issue

The wife has a 2010 528xi. When the wipers are on intermittent mode, they sometimes don't park in the correct position. Instead of stopping at the bottom of the range of motion as they are supposed to, they will come back up by an inch or two. It's still under warranty so I told the dealer techs about it and they replaced the motor. That didn't fix the problem. I did some internet searching and found that some other folks had similar issues and the cause ended up being a fuse or relay problem. The difference is that with every other case I've read about it was a consistent issue (i.e., the wipers didn't park correctly at all). On our car, it appears to be random. Sometimes they park correctly, sometimes they don't. And when they don't park correctly, they park in different spots, sometimes just barely out of position sometimes as much as a couple of inches.

I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow and tell them they need to look at it again. Can anyone think of anything besides a blown fuse or bad relay that could be causing this? Thanks in advance for the help.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 11:18 PM   #2
hurricane56
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Same problem on my 325. Have your dealer check and replace the wiper relay.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #3
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

If it keeps happening, have them replace the car. i got a 530i replaced because the window anti trap had a mind of its own. I would walk to my car in the morning to find a window down lol. If they cant fix it after the 3rd try ask for a new car.
      03-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
spiderz17
Not a BMW Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane56 View Post
Same problem on my 325. Have your dealer check and replace the wiper relay.
Thanks, I'll mention that to them. If they can't figure it out the second time, I'll try the other BMW dealership in town. Maybe they'll know something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
If it keeps happening, have them replace the car. i got a 530i replaced because the window anti trap had a mind of its own. I would walk to my car in the morning to find a window down lol. If they cant fix it after the 3rd try ask for a new car.
My wife and I were joking about lemoning it, but we wouldn't be able to get another car for anywhere near what we paid for this one. Plus she's a bit attached to it.

On another note (thread-jacking my own thread), I selected the "Instant Notification by email" when I subscribed, but never got anything. So thanks for the responses. We're still having the issue, I haven't had time to get down to the dealership yet. I'll post a fix whenever we get it worked.
Appreciate 0