F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > OT: The Official UFC Chat Thread
ARMA SPEED

02-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #1189
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

I'm expecting an all out war from condit and diaz. I don't expecting condit do do what cowboy did and play into diaz's strengths and gameplan. I still can't fathom why donald did that. I want condit to win this but I do want to see gsp vs diaz.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #1190
RnmEvo9
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

I want Nick to win. I honestly feel that Nick has a better chance dethroning GSP than Condit.

I don't hate GSP, but I also don't like boring fights. Nick vs GSP should be an interesting match up although I do give the edge to GSP...
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #1191
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep
Drives: Something loud and heavy

Diaz, Nelson and Pierce (even though he has no chances of winning)
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 11:50 PM   #1192
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Awesome fight between Diaz and Condit, but CONDIT WINS!!!!
      02-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #1193
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep

Hypetrain derailed
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 12:54 AM   #1194
san~man
Tired
Rep

And then he threatens to quit because he felt he won? Ah common Nick, you lost, suck it up and move on
      02-05-2012, 07:41 AM   #1195
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

boring ass fights...after you watch UFC 142 which ended in mostly fatalities, the past 2 events are like watching women's boxing...

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #1196
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Totally had Condit winning rounds 2,3 and 4. Diaz leaving, hell on. Please don't tell me he's trying to make it a scene. Him vs Koscheck, that fight needs to happen.

I'd like to see Condit defend it once but I don't think it'll happen. He wants to fight GSP and shut the critics.

Thought Mike won that fight as well. Kos should have gotten a point deduction for all those damn eye pokes.

Werdum vs Big Country was nice to see. Can't wait to see who they bought fight now.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #1197
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Totally had Condit winning rounds 2,3 and 4. Diaz leaving, hell on. Please don't tell me he's trying to make it a scene. Him vs Koscheck, that fight needs to happen.

I'd like to see Condit defend it once but I don't think it'll happen. He wants to fight GSP and shut the critics.

Thought Mike won that fight as well. Kos should have gotten a point deduction for all those damn eye pokes.

Werdum vs Big Country was nice to see. Can't wait to see who they bought fight now.
Same here, Condit did a great job avoiding Diaz's traps but it def took him a round to figure it out and by the 4th, he was landing good combos. Some of those would have rocked a lesser opponent.

Think Condit could maybe defend it once, maybe either Hendrix or a rematch with Ellenberger if he wins

I also thought Pierce won that fight, hope the Diaz fight happens so Nick can shut him up

Werdum was ultra impressive, think him and Mir would make a lot of sense

Thompson was very impressive for his debut, pretty sick kick. Poirier looked good as well
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #1198
san~man
Tired
Rep

Hats off to Big Country, that shit Werdum was hitting him with would've sent a normal man into next year.

Dude must have adamantium in his chin.

Thompson dude had a crazy kick, amazing how much power he generated in the last 1/2 or so of the kick. Hope his his ground game matches (didn't watch the prefight info, so I'm guessing here) or he'll have trouble.

Poirier's ground game was sick, but he was getting tagged on the feet. Promising future for him.
      02-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #1199
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Great fights all round. I was really impressed by Stephen Thompson. I think he's a prospect that's only a few fights away from a title shot, provided that he keeps winning decisively. I read up on his background and some articles on him before the fight and punted on him and it payed off $$$ for me

Also, punted on Koschek and Werdum so all in all was a great day for me. I need to watch the Condit v Diaz fight again, I really had no idea who won. According to the stat breakdown, Condit won decisively. Didn't really like or care for how Diaz reacted afterwards, just seemed like a bad sport. You win some you lose some.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #1200
CoconutPete
Coconut Pete's paella!
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Pretty good night of fights.

I'm still going to reserve my decision on Thompson until I see him fight someone who wants to wrestle instead of just standing in front of him.

I thought Pierce won also, but when a fight is that close you can really never complain about the decision. Koschek should have lost a point for eyepoking, but Michael Bisping should lose 10 or so points every time he fights due to fence grabbing and we have never seen him lose a point.

Dissapointed in Condit vs. Diaz. I wanted Nick to win, but I agree with the decision. The real blame lies with Diaz's corner.... why the hell did I keep hearing "good job" in between rounds. They should have been yelling "Don't take another step forward, stop chasing him"! It was also frustrating to see Condit who is a freaking killer who always goes for the finish fight a fight where he clearly had zero intentions of ever trying to finish the fight.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #1201
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep

Sonnen vs silva 2 is a go.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #1202
CoconutPete
Coconut Pete's paella!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motif View Post
Sonnen vs silva 2 is a go.
If Sonnen shows up against Silva for the rematch like he showed up against Michael "Grab the fence" Bisping then he's going to wake up with a flashlight in his face after 1.5 rounds.

The only reason it won't be 0.5 rounds is that Silva will use 1 round to make sure he still knows his timing.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #1203
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoconutPete View Post
Pretty good night of fights.

I'm still going to reserve my decision on Thompson until I see him fight someone who wants to wrestle instead of just standing in front of him.

I thought Pierce won also, but when a fight is that close you can really never complain about the decision. Koschek should have lost a point for eyepoking, but Michael Bisping should lose 10 or so points every time he fights due to fence grabbing and we have never seen him lose a point.

Dissapointed in Condit vs. Diaz. I wanted Nick to win, but I agree with the decision. The real blame lies with Diaz's corner.... why the hell did I keep hearing "good job" in between rounds. They should have been yelling "Don't take another step forward, stop chasing him"! It was also frustrating to see Condit who is a freaking killer who always goes for the finish fight a fight where he clearly had zero intentions of ever trying to finish the fight.
although I agree you cant crown Thompson just yet but Stittgen is a 100% grappler, I think he was just puzzled on what to do against that style and didnt really go for many takedowns. Would like to see him against someone who is more well rounded next time though

And also dont get the people who say Condit wasnt trying to finish, he has a couple of combo that would have knocked most fighters down. The head kick he landed in the 4th would also have KOed 90% of fighters

One of the craziest things about the Condit vs Diaz, is how many people are changing their opinions after rewatching, some had it for Condit, then after rewatching they had Diaz and people who had it for Diaz after rewatching, switched to Condit and other like myself stuck w/ their original pick (Condit). To me that only shows how close the fight actually was.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #1204
CoconutPete
Coconut Pete's paella!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
dont get the people who say Condit wasnt trying to finish, he has a couple of combo that would have knocked most fighters down
Go back and watch some of his prior fights, Carlos is a KILLER, probably has the best killer instinct out of anyone out there, he was a vicious fighter who always went for the finish, he had what ... 1 or 2 fights that he won by decision? Then watch this fight, he took 5 steps forward the entire fight and was just backpedalling and scoring points. I don't doubt his punches would have knocked ME out, but compare this fight to Carlos's prior fights and it's night and day.

Make no mistake about it - he did what he had to do in order to win, and he deserves the win. I'm just dissapointed because the Carlos I saw Saturday night is a completely different person than I am used to seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
One of the craziest things about the Condit vs Diaz, is how many people are changing their opinions after rewatching, some had it for Condit, then after rewatching they had Diaz and people who had it for Diaz after rewatching, switched to Condit and other like myself stuck w/ their original pick (Condit). To me that only shows how close the fight actually was.
I wanted Nick to Win.
I hoped Nick would win.
I thought Nick would win, but everybody in our group agreed on 2 things:

1: Carlos won
2: It was closer than the judges thought

I 100% Blame Nick's corner for this loss. If they had told him the truth in between rounds there is at least a chance he would have listened to them and stopped chasing Carlos. It looked like he had a moment of clarity in the 5th round and that was the part where he almost got the submission.

Instead they just told him "good job" in between rounds ..... of course he is going to keep chasing.

Last edited by CoconutPete; 02-07-2012 at 01:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #1205
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoconutPete View Post
Go back and watch some of his prior fights, Carlos is a KILLER, probably has the best killer instinct out of anyone out there, he was a vicious fighter who always went for the finish, he had what ... 1 or 2 fights that he won by decision? Then watch this fight, he took 5 steps forward the entire fight and was just backpedalling and scoring points. I don't doubt his punches would have knocked ME out, but compare this fight to Carlos's prior fights and it's night and day.
I've seen every single Condit fight, going back to KOTC. So I know what you mean but just because you arent going forward it doesnt mean he wasnt trying to finish. He needed to create space in order to get his shots off, he was trying flying knees and spinning elbow/fist. He was trying to finish but Diaz isnt one thats easily finished.

I do agree that this fight wasnt anything like his prior fights, he tends to be careless but it pays off for him but against a guy who is so technical like Diaz, it would have been stupid to try that.

I thought he should have moved forward more, the only time he did, he had lots of success and had Diaz going back not knowing what to do, not sure why Condit didnt do it again
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #1206
CoconutPete
Coconut Pete's paella!
Rep

Yeah, maybe I'm being picky - I was just shocked at how conservatively he fought being used to him fighting all out. Again - credit to him for doing exactly what he needed in order to win, and clearly winning.

Well... lots of ramblings going on now. Supposedly GSP said he would vacate his title to fight Nick before he fought Carlos. Seems like he genuinely dislikes Nick. The thought of seeing an angry GSP fight in the cage is getting me PUMPED up!

Rumors are also flying about a rematch between Nick and Carlos. Man - chaos at 170.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #1207
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
yea, 170 is a mess. Condit vs Diaz on Fox 2 would make sense for the main event, it cant be a PPV fight again since a lot of people we pissed it wasnt a backyard brawl type of fight

I really dont see any other fight for Condit, maybe Hendrix but thats really it or Ellenberger is he wins, so a rematch w/ Diaz doesnt sound like a bad idea, specially seeing how much talk there still is about that fight. MMAJunkie radio went crazy yesterday, first time I've ever seen them turn down fighters for interviews since there were so many calling in to talk about the fight

didnt know GSP was thinking about doing that, that would be crazy
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #1208
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Condit v Diaz confirmed. Not sure why he took the fight but he must be confident. I can't remember the stats but there's always a high chance you will win the rematch.

Also heard Silva told Sonnen to stop talking and start training
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 05:54 AM   #1209
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Condit v Diaz confirmed. Not sure why he took the fight but he must be confident. I can't remember the stats but there's always a high chance you will win the rematch.

Also heard Silva told Sonnen to stop talking and start training
Yeah, the rematch is on. I bet Condit deep down wasn't happy with the way everyone is saying he was simply running away from diaz. He won a very technical game and clearly had the W. I also read somewhere that GSP was willing to vacate the title just to get a chanct to fight Diaz. You can be damn sure that The big wigs in the UFC would NOT allow him to simply step down as a champ to fight diaz. I really wonder what will happen if in the rematch, Condit wins decisively.

Silva was training wrestling with some tribes. He's so gangster lol. If sonnen that fought bisping appears in front of Silva in Brazil, the dude will only last 2 rounds. Round 1 is Silva feeler, Round 2 = Silva taking you out.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 06:42 AM   #1210
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep

Diaz's camp said that the rematch is off the table. Its in the Yahoo MMA news.
Appreciate 0