F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions > Mods deleting threads about n54tech.com. An explanation please...
Extreme Powerhouse
Closed Thread

01-09-2008, 09:08 AM   #23
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

didnt terry get banned.. so why would the admnis allow him to continue his forced adverstising on the sites, and it seems terry knew he was wrong again and got banned, and just decided to start his own site.

i think the admins are doing a good job at trying to keep this site grounded.
its e90post, why do we need to hear about n54tech, ill go there if i want to.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 09:10 AM   #24
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iheLLraiseR View Post
why would this site, promote another site (<<--that in itself is enough reason), that is formed by a person that was banned from this site. if you allow that, then it negates the fact that you banned him in the first place. besides why would there be a thread on this forum about another forum talkng about the same subject?
Exactly. BTW, I am a moderator on another site..and that is exactly how I would have handled it.

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 09:32 AM   #25
BzzzBom
Major
Rep
Drives: 05 R53 MINI / 09 335i Coupe

This is more of a Vishnu site than N54 is a Terry site - sad but true. BTW, I don't own either Procede or JB.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 09:43 AM   #26
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

You guys must only look at threads in this section. This is not a Vishnu nor a JB site. There is a ton of other stuff besides engine piggybacks & flashes on E90post. Frankly I am starting to avoid threads in this area -- suspension, drivetrain, & DIY threads are generally much more interesting to me, and certainly more civil.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 09:57 AM   #27
kaji335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDutchski View Post
A DUI Lawyer? hahahahhahahah
Whats wrong with being a DUI lawyer? Lots of people get caught driving drunk and need representation. Dont worry, when you get caught for male hooking, I'm sure someone will be there to represent you.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 10:01 AM   #28
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAD535 View Post
Its not a JB Forum. At first I thought it was but if you go check it out you'll see that they are discussing other topics besides JB.
+1, Any vendor can go on there and talk about their product. This would include Shiv, VIP, AA, etc.... All free of charge. Damn, freedom smells good
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #29
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
You guys must only look at threads in this section. This is not a Vishnu nor a JB site. There is a ton of other stuff besides engine piggybacks & flashes on E90post. Frankly I am starting to avoid threads in this area -- suspension, drivetrain, & DIY threads are generally much more interesting to me, and certainly more civil.
Yup.
      01-09-2008, 10:26 AM   #30
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleh4852 View Post
+1, Any vendor can go on there and talk about their product. This would include Shiv, VIP, AA, etc.... All free of charge. Damn, freedom smells good
Freedom has a cost - depending upon how much freedom you want.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #31
astris
Major
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP Individual Mintgruen

Quick question... Why do you need a thread about another site on this site? Why wouldn't you just go to the other site? Maybe I'm missing something.

Shameless promotion perhaps? Why am I contributing to this thread? LOL.

And for the most part, mods are very easy going here compared to other sites.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #32
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

I am fine with lawdude's comments but I did not see one single technical posting of him. Wrong forum ?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #33
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
can someone answer why Terry has a "Free Terry" avatar on a website that he owns, operates, and moderates? or does he just like being a martyr?
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #34
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
I went over there. Thought originally, maybe only 5 people might sign up or so, and I felt sorry for Terry. But its way over 100 members on its first day of operation. E90Post benefits because they don't have to worry about Terry trying to come back here with all the heated Juicebox discussions. People here that don't want to read about Juicebox info anymore will benefit, because there will be less of that here now. Now members here can focus on info that they get (or don't get) from Shiv, etc. Those people who want to read about Juicebox, racing topics, etc, can join over there if they want. Interestingly enough, there are more and more Procede people joining over there and offering great discussion. And that is a good thing. The other forum actually welcomes members with other kinds of tunes with open arms. I for one want to see more about Procedes there too. There is no commercial sponsorship requirements there that could create more bias. It makes it much more informative and less boring when you see the whole perspective. That is the reason I was disappointed Terry got banned here. For it's first day, N54Tech.com is doing pretty good. Once they get over a 1000 members there, it should get pretty interesting.
+1

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 10:45 AM   #35
Ruff Rider
"posting from my recliner"
United_States
Rep
Drives: twin turbo Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
+1
enjoy your time over there

Ping Golf Club demo tech
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #36
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB Tek 818 View Post
Every thread I've seen pop up about n54tech.com has been deleted. I do not see anywhere in the site rules that states we are not allowed to discuss other websites. I for one am getting pretty tired of he biase$ you (Mark and Jason) are displaying lately. This issue, as well as a handful of others. This is not an attack, I'd just like some kind of explanation as to whats been going on lately...
If you search the terry related threads in off-topic you'll see plenty of references to n54tech.com. If a thread such as yours is started in the Forced Induction forum (which is for technical discussions) then it will be closed/deleted/moved (as others started in that forum have).

Members are free to reference other websites. Do you see references to bimmerforums/fest or other websites deleted? However, if members are creating threads or posts merely to say "visit www.xxxx.com" then that constitutes spam. Spam is not tolerated here, regardless of the site that it links to.

Finally, some people really need to dispense with their anti-JB conspiracy theories. Do you see any threads/posts discussing the technical aspects of JB being censored in the FI forum? I can answer that - NO.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread